Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
psychichobo
Ghadis_God
Kuragari
vilebyrd
Sandwiz
WyrmHero
Green__Eagle
Zephryl
12 posters

Alas, Dark Souls has beaten me (A plea for help)

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Alas, Dark Souls has beaten me (A plea for help) - Page 2 Empty Re: Alas, Dark Souls has beaten me (A plea for help)

Post by WyrmHero Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 am

Zephryl wrote:Oh whoops! Forgot to put my Mancies in haha.

Using Chaos Firestorm and Fire Orb.

Get Great Fireball and GC.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Alas, Dark Souls has beaten me (A plea for help) - Page 2 Empty Re: Alas, Dark Souls has beaten me (A plea for help)

Post by alchemydesign Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 am

Step 1. Remove Patch
    Step 2. WRECK EVERYTHING
    Step 3. Collect Loot
    Step 4. Reinstall Patch

lol, but no, seriously, it may not be as uber, but I find if you are looking to squeeze out every bit you can, PW isn't TOO bad.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:54 am

alchemydesign wrote:Step 1. Remove Patch
    Step 2. WRECK EVERYTHING
    Step 3. Collect Loot
    Step 4. Reinstall Patch

lol, but no, seriously, it may not be as uber, but I find if you are looking to squeeze out every bit you can, PW isn't TOO bad.

Not talking about uberosity, but that it drains same HP regardless of pyro upgrade. Patch fixed it.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:55 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    Zephryl wrote:Oh whoops! Forgot to put my Mancies in haha.

Using Chaos Firestorm and Fire Orb.

Get Great Fireball and GC.

Yeah, I've been using Fire Orb while farming Humanity, since I can take out multiple rats with it.

GC?

@Alchemy

I have PtdE which means no seperate patch, it's all in one.

PW is in Blighttown, yeah? Looks like I need to take a trip to the upper platforms...
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 am

GC is for great combustion.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 am

Ah, playing on the PC, my bad yo. Yea, it's on the upper platform, with a big, spider looking worm thing on a grate assuming the position ^_^
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 am

alchemydesign wrote:Ah, playing on the PC, my bad yo. Yea, it's on the upper platform, with a big, spider looking worm thing on a grate assuming the position ^_^

Xbox~ The consoles have PtdE versions as well now~

Cool, guess I'll have to stock up on Bloomings and go on a journey~
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:34 am

Well, got my STR to 40, my Dex to 26 and went on a jaunt down Blighttown.

Managed to grab Power Within, the Shadow set and Iaito but couldn't find the Eagle Shield. Oh well, wasn't gonna use it since it has 95% phys...

I did realise that I never parry anymore, at least not against serious foes, so I might upgrade to a Greatshield... Any recommendations for one with 100% phys reduction and good all-round ele/mag reductions?
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 am

Great Shield of Artorias, that thing tanks so hard it tanks itself...well...I prefer it to Havel's anyway
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:14 am

Yes, it's true the Eagle Shield only has 95% physical blocking now, but I believe the higher stability of the shield helps you from staggering when you get hit. You can upgrade it to get the stability into the 80's, too.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 am

alchemydesign wrote:Great Shield of Artorias, that thing tanks so hard it tanks itself...well...I prefer it to Havel's anyway

Is there anything you'd recommend to use instead? I don't plan to kill Sif until after I've finished the DLC

Green__Eagle wrote:Yes, it's true the Eagle Shield only has 95% physical blocking now, but I believe the higher stability of the shield helps you from staggering when you get hit. You can upgrade it to get the stability into the 80's, too.

I think if I was taking 5% damage each block, I'd be too tempted to dodge it instead and defeat the entire purpose of using it hehe.

GSoA is the best looking one I've seen so far. 88 Stability and I don't need to upgrade it~
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 am

If you got it, I'd say Black Knight Shield, it's pretty beast...other than that, I used a +14 Blood Shield all through my first playthrough until I got the BKS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm