Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Help with my Artorias Build

Moogle0119
    Moogle0119

Help with my Artorias Build Empty Help with my Artorias Build

Post by Moogle0119 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:54 am

Hello all, I'm looking for feedback on my Artorias build I'm in the middle of making. I'm trying to make it as close to the actual Artorias you fight in the DLC (that means full Artorias armor set and only using the Abyss Sword no shields, bows, magics, etc...). I'm also trying to keep this at sl 120 and as strong for PvP as possible considering the restrictions, so Fast Roll is a must without a shield. I'm coming up with a tough choice though...

Here's my first option: http://mmdks.com/106a
    Which allows for Fast Roll, and also importantly 77 Poise to meet all Poise break-points.

Here's another: http://mmdks.com/106e
    Which allows Fast Roll much earlier and almost 600 more HP, but the downside is I now only have 37 Poise and I will have to keep a ring slot permanently used.

I ask the forums which of the two do you think would be better overall for PvE and PvP? Or are there any other ideas on how to better tweak the build while staying true to the Artorias boss fight?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Help with my Artorias Build Empty Re: Help with my Artorias Build

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 am

Definitely the 2nd one, HP is more important than poise imo. 37 poise is good for fast roll, greatswords can't stunlock anymore so I don't bother with 53 poise. But I feel you're missing some things. No Dark Hand??? This Artorias isn't leaving a trail of darkness. He has an attack that looks like a Dark Bead, and his charge up looks like Karmic Justice. Had to increase it 125 hope it doesn't matter.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=361721061492874498
    Moogle0119
    Moogle0119

Post by Moogle0119 Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:36 am

Hmm well I guess I COULD equip a Dark Hand in the left hand spot to get the signature look down (just wouldn't use it ever, since he doesn't in the fight). The only problem is by equipping the Dark Hand I'd have to throw 1 more point into Endurance sad

The Dark Bead attack Artorias does is the mud/goo sling he does (I'm guessing if we're thinking of the same attack). It does have a similar attack pattern like a shotgun affect but beyond that I don't think it matches up very well. I'm not sure if I've ever seen Karmic Justice in action so I can't comment on that one.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:52 am

Yeah that one. DB is the most similar one, I think it matches well as long as you don't spam it lol. Karmic Justice gives you a purple aura very similar to when he charges up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 pm