Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
User1
Uparkaam
Sentiel
sure-magicians
8 posters

Question about Sin

sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about Sin Empty Question about Sin

Post by sure-magicians Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 am

Anyone know the particulars about sin?

I've heard sin carries over to the different characters on the same profile, but I started a new character, did not kill any npc's and so far have not been invaded by Darkmoons.
    Lots of Darkwraiths but not a single Spirit of Vengeance.

When I load another, more sinful toon (I like my FireKeeper souls and that talking kitty annoyed me) I get instantly invaded by Darkmoons.

Also I went to Oswald, absolved my sins for 65K souls, was free of sin, went to the Kiln and the first invader was a Darkmoon...

Does killing any non-hostile npc count as 1 sin added in the book of the guilty?
    I am rank 60000 something with 8 sins and I have never been indicted, and it seems Oswald ripped me off because after absolution the amount of sin and rank remains the same...

So the guy does not only learn you the most annoying gesture in the game but he also rips you off, anyone know the specifics about this?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Question about Sin Empty Re: Question about Sin

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:49 am

To the best of my knowledge...

Sin is transfered between characters only when you use BB glitch.

Attacking and killing non-hostile NPCs and bosses are both Sins, so is leaving god based Covenants like Way of White. Those can be removed by Oswald.

Killing Gwynevere and Gwyndolin are also Sins, but I'm not sure if you can get rid of those. I'm sure you can get rid of Gwyndolin, because many of my characters kill him, but I don't see any Darkmoons. I'm not sure about Gwynevere, because I always let her live. Gotta have some use for Binoculars, no?

Indictment is also a Sin, but Oswald can't remove that. You get -1 Sin for every time a Darkmoon kills you, so if you have 8 Sins, get killed 8 times and they should leave you alone.

Also, take note that the Book of Guilty is slow to updates and thus it will take some time (minutes mostly) before the number of your Sins changes.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:22 pm

OK, so Oswald can't remove indictments, that explains most of it then.
    Haven't done the BB thing so a new character is sin free.
    For now at least...

Usually I shoot Ingward for his key because it's convenient, so in theory I could kill every NPC in the game, and have Oswald absolve me of those sins?
    If a Darkmoon invades and I kill him/her is that a sin?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:26 pm

No, you don't get sin from killing Darkmoon covenanters.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm

sure-magicians wrote:I could kill every NPC in the game, and have Oswald absolve me of those sins?
    Yes. I can't speak with 100% certainty for Gwyndolin and Gwynevere though.
    sure-magicians wrote:If a Darkmoon invades and I kill him/her is that a sin?
    Nope, that's not a Sin, that's badassery. But if you want to get rid of your Sin, they must kill you, not the other way around. lol!
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Nope, that's not a Sin, that's badassery. But if you want to get rid of your Sin, they must kill you, not the other way around. lol!

That is how it usually goes down, but every now and then I go Clint Eastwood on them and actually succeed...

Question about Sin Images_zpsad935143
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:17 pm

Wow, sure, you have 8 sin and you are placed 60000th? Wow! On xbox, I have 6 sin, and I'm ranked 2500th! Wonder why there are so many more ps3 players..
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Here are my observations of 'sin' and how it relates to darkmoons.

1) Once you have 'sinned' and opened up to being invaded by darkmoons you will always be able to be invaded by darkmoons. You cannot absolve your ability to be invaded by DM.

2) The book of the guilty only gives you credit for being indicted while being a darkwraith. I was indicted multiple times as a forest hunter, but was never in the book until I was a darkwraith. I think it's also shared between toons.

3) The book of the guilty has nothing to do with darkmoons

4) Aggroing most any (all?) NPCs is a sin and will open yourself up to DM invasions
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 pm

aceluby wrote:Here are my observations of 'sin' and how it relates to darkmoons.

1) Once you have 'sinned' and opened up to being invaded by darkmoons you will always be able to be invaded by darkmoons. You cannot absolve your ability to be invaded by DM.

2) The book of the guilty only gives you credit for being indicted while being a darkwraith. I was indicted multiple times as a forest hunter, but was never in the book until I was a darkwraith. I think it's also shared between toons.

4) Aggroing most any (all?) NPCs is a sin and will open yourself up to DM invasions

If you're indicted as a FH, the sin will show up in the BoG. The BoG just updates slowly.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:50 pm

Uparkaam wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Here are my observations of 'sin' and how it relates to darkmoons.

If you're indicted as a FH, the sin will show up in the BoG. The BoG just updates slowly.

Not for my first character it didn't. I know because I was a forest hunter for weeks, had many indictments, and never once was added to the BoG until I was indicted as a DW. In fact, I was a forest hunter twice w/ this char before becoming a DW in NG+ and know for a fact my name wasn't in the book. Didn't do much research after that.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:02 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Uparkaam wrote:

Not for my first character it didn't. I know because I was a forest hunter for weeks, had many indictments, and never once was added to the BoG until I was indicted as a DW. In fact, I was a forest hunter twice w/ this char before becoming a DW in NG+ and know for a fact my name wasn't in the book. Didn't do much research after that.

I only invaded in the Forest on my "Indictment" character. He has over 100 indictments displaying in the BotG.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Plus, killing the Forest Hunter NPC's and already hostile NPC's doesn't count as sinning, I think. I'm not sure about Patches though, since he can start on you if you say the wrong thing (and Petrus, though he never seems to start on me no matter what happens with Reah...)
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:16 am

RenegadeCop wrote:Wow, sure, you have 8 sin and you are placed 60000th? Wow! On xbox, I have 6 sin, and I'm ranked 2500th! Wonder why there are so many more ps3 players..

There must be a lot of inaccuracy in the rankings because I'm also on PS3 and as of yesterday was ranked 46000th with 3 sin (I know I've been indicted 4 times and haven't been killed by a Darkmoon since then, but oh well).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm