Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
VaDoom
reim0027
psychichobo
Hue
Sentiel
steveswede
Jodecho
kaa0skrisse
AzureTear
Tomhet
Flankydizzle
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Mazon1x
17 posters

new londo ruins making me mad!!!!!!!!!

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

new londo ruins making me mad!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: new londo ruins making me mad!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hue Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Yeah but they always get me with the grab attack(on top of ranged)
    If i want to be able to fastroll i have to use 0 poise armor, there's my problem.

Usually i have no problem killing one king before another spawns, but i either get stunlocked or grabbed to death (i also know all the cheese tactics, and use them, but they manage to outlast me)
    I also use the Lordvessel (remains kindled to 20 in NG+)

Last edited by Hachouma on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

new londo ruins making me mad!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: new londo ruins making me mad!!!!!!!!!

Post by VaDoom Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 pm

psychichobo wrote:New Londo I find pretty easy - but that's because I hate ghosts SO MUCH that after opening the seal I actually use the Valley of the Drakes entrance to get in there. Darkwraiths I don't mind, but getting gutted through a wall I can't stand.

I just down the drakes with arrows. All but the middle one will happily stand there and let you shoot them to death. Then just mosey on forth - it's surprisingly easy as long as you don't let yourself get ****.

Man I hate ghosts.

After you open the seal there is actualy a shortcut at the very beginning of the level that skips almost everything of the level. It may save you from using the Valley of Drakes entrance, and it should be much faster.

See my awesome map explanation next tongue :

_____stairs_________ :!: <--- shortcut
    |...............................................|
    |..___________________ |
    |.....|
    |.....|
    |.....|
    |.....| <---- wooden Bridge
    |.....|
    |.....|
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Yeah if you are coming from valley of drakes then wow... Once the water is drained you can just go from firelink to new londo where the first 2 ghosts are and drop down (as seen in the diagram above! I think!) and you can run past the 2 darkwraiths and head to the fog. Still takes about 2 minutes but shorter than valley of drakes I'd say. Also if you have 0 poise then you can dodge all of their slashes (some are a bit cheap and go almost 360 i'll admit) but if you kill them quick enough I find that they just don't whip out the magic as much as what they do when you're standing around not getting $hit done.

I recently beat them on PC on ng+ after dying a bunch of times all I did was switched to bkh+5 (had to farm a bit to upgrade it again for this toon) and beat them piece of cake first try. The R1 with it when you're locked on to them is devastating. No need for red tearstone or anything, that weapon just smashes anything even in PVP (I'm cheap in PVP and use power within but probably wouldn't recommend it for 4 kings as you need the vit and they die quick enough without it). In NG the fight should be over in about 3 minutes tops otherwise you're in trouble. Also don't panic if a second king spawns, just try to stay away from them as I find they are relatively respectful of you taking one on at a time if you don't get too close to them.

Last edited by Flankydizzle on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

four kings is one of the few bosses most people have problems with that i just never understood. you dont need poise, you can roll all of their attacks, just dont sit there and spam till your out of stamina incase they do the explosion attack, in which case the crest shield or dark hand will block very well if you dont have enough stamina to run away from it. just make sure you go in with a fully upgrade fire or chaos weapon, or something with huge dps like the BKH and you will tear through them before they know whats going on. before you realize it you will be throwing out so much damage that you end up with a "three kings" fight.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 pm

wolf ring helps a lot here. Like seriously, I refuse to do that ghost pit without that ring. Its possible to run straight through, i know it is. But for some reason, yeah they've seriously hated ladder warriors lately.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Four Kings in ng+. Hell. I got so fed up of those stairs and there was nobody around to summon but I solo'd them in the end.

I hate New Londo Ruins, full stop. I remember posting that in my opinion the ghosts had been at it like rabbits since my first playthrough and they had definitely been at the spinach because they hit so much harder.
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 pm

^^^ thats the main reason i skip everything and snipe ingward. you only have to actually hit 1 ghost and its just to move him out of the way, the rest of it can be ran through very easily once you know the path and the enemy AI
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm

I have studied, and experimented on the Four Kings for hours, and now the only thing that still kills me is magic orb followed up by gangrape stunlock, or grab attack, i can't dodge it, i have no idea when or where to roll

The only boss i find harder is Manus
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

thier homing missle (multiple small missles) attack you can roll through. with the larget homing attack as soon as they start doing the animation rush them and it will just circle around the two of you, you just have to stay very close to them. id say as long as you get in position quickly it works 90% of the time. the grab attack, backpedal during the build up then roll to your right as soon as it starts to move towards you. Manus stay medium to close range to him and constantly circle and roll to your left, and when he screams he is getting ready to do his flurry attack, throw up your shield and start to back pedal. (if you cant tell i only use 0 poise / light armor sets any more so if you use medium or heavy armor your on your own there....)
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm

When i roll through it, it keeps flying and hits me from behind, or from the side
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm

it can stay active for 15 to 20 seconds, but as long as your rush up to the king that cast it and you stay all up in his grill piece it will circle the two of you, but you have to be right up on him or it will still hit you
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Just draw the ghosts out of the house? It ain't rocket science.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 pm

I like one shotting the ghosts with a heavy crossbow; you can also use aural decoy to lure them out of various places. You can target them with a xbow from quite far away, and clear them out of a bunch of spots (like where they hide under the walkways) before you have to pass through.

The house is also pretty easy if you just clear the first room and then run in a circle around the hallway popping ghosts as you go, it'll draw all of them out of the chimney area.
    Mazon1x
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mazon1x Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm

well i just never had have a problem with them, till lastnight i never had to kill any of them, but i managed to get by them lastnight after about 20 tries. plus im a low level trying to get my stats up by and i was just trying to hurry and do new londo because i hate the hell out of this place
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 am

Befowler has a good point. I use this method as much as possible, killing them with arrows from a distance. You can get a fair number from the stairs as they rise up out of the water and some of the ones in that dreaded room will start to come through the walls so you can get them too. Also luring them out is a good idea.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 am

Yup. Walk towards the door of the house then pull back to shoot the three coming out of the water. I think a couple may come straight out of the house too. Once you've dealt with all of them enter the house and simply run around the outside bits - the ghosts try to get you one by one there, and if you retreat whenever one appears you can lure it a little and kill it.

Once you've done that, you can then proceed to the central room, kill the Banshee, and climb the ladder. Sometimes there's an extra one that might begin to descend into the room, or that'll poke you on the ladder, but just retreating will bring it out for you to murder it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:26 pm