Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Games that make you wait before you can play...

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Games that make you wait before you can play... Empty Games that make you wait before you can play...

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 pm

...Is the reason why I can't stop popping the DeS/DkS disc in. I hate having to wait to update the PS3 firmware, install game data, login to their login servers so they won't bug me everytime. That's half an hour I could've been gaming already. And that's not even mentioning the time I have to wait until I can enter the main menu.

I'm looking at you, Ubisoft
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Games that make you wait before you can play... Empty Re: Games that make you wait before you can play...

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Yeah. I prefer the gran turismo and doa5 method of OPTIONAL installs to decrease load times. One can say no, then set it to do it when one goes to bed.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Games that make you wait before you can play... Empty Re: Games that make you wait before you can play...

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Yeah. I prefer the gran turismo and doa5 method of OPTIONAL installs to decrease load times. One can say no, then set it to do it when one goes to bed.
    I loved that about GT5 as well. Just set it to install when I had time and got to play later.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:49 pm

densetsushun wrote:I'm looking at you, Ubisoft
    I love you for saying this! ... in an appropriate way.
    I hate the unskippable "this game was created by a multicultural team bla bla" message at the start of AC. -.- I feel like it's there for like 5 minutes.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:06 pm

lalliman wrote:
    I hate the unskippable "this game was created by a multicultural team bla bla" message at the start of AC. -.- I feel like it's there for like 5 minutes.

To be fair though...AC slams the Vatican, the Pope, big historical figures, etc... theres no way they could get away with that without a disclaimer

EDIT: at least without backlash...
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 am

KomradDakka wrote:
    lalliman wrote:

To be fair though...AC slams the Vatican, the Pope, big historical figures, etc... theres no way they could get away with that without a disclaimer

EDIT: at least without backlash...
    The disclaimer is necessary and they place it long enough for people to read it, but it gets in the way of my experience. They should've had it be something like "Press start to continue" and allow for you to just skip it.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 am

Oh, and even though he was the pope, I don't think history looks particularly kindly towards Rodrigo Borgia and Cesare Borgia in the first place silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 pm