Back off my lady lumps

    Share
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by The Letter X on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Yuck going through this thread brought up memories of gender confusion with my name early in Dark Souls. What's with some guy gamers hitting on girls gamers? Is there such a wide gender gap that this exist? I find it sickening that some people would try this! I need to ask does my name sound like a woman's?

    No, I don't see how it can be perceived as feminine.

    I just assume 100% of the people I meet are guys. Things seem to work okay that way.


    _________________
    avatar
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1652
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Otherwhere

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by SlakeMoth on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:51 pm

    I'm a female gamer, not a girl and my motto is 'never look a gifthorse in the mouth'.
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by densetsushun on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 pm

    Samurainova wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:You see I have girl gamers at my school, I, nor do my friends, treat them like Gods, because frankly if we meet in Dark Souls, we're not going to hook up and have freaky internet skoodilypooping times, we're going to kill each other, brutally. Like statistically 50% of the gaming community is currently female (search it up I did a speech on gaming for my english and it's true, check it) plus this chick you meet over Xbox live is not going to drive to your house so you can do the freak. It's absurd.

    You pose very well thought out points. If statistically that it true about gamergirls, perhaps they just have a harder time making friedns, so we see less of them. Or perhaps they just like completely different things. And on the subject of Gamegirls, its a psychological thing. In a place where mostly all we see is guys, its in guys nature to want to befriend a girl and help her, even if she doesn't need it, I don't speak for all guys but a lot of guys are nice like that. And your also true about the freaky, some guys over internet are weird like that, but most if not all girls know better than to hook up over an xbox winking
    Why would you automatically assume they need help? Where does your "most" come from? From an anecdotal standpoint I certainly know more people who respect gamers for being gamers. Why call them gamer girls, when they're gamers who happen to be girls? Why do you think female gamers have a harder time making friends or are interested in different games? Maybe people should try to talk to girls about gaming(or rather, talk to people about things in general) rather than assume the worse, you might be pleasantly surprised.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

    densetsushun wrote:Agreed. The population of female gamers is growing significantly, I think the demographic might be closer to 60% if you count casual gaming(which is recognised as a form of video gaming). These aren't mystical beasts or goddesses willing to submit to your sexual desires without much effort on your part, they're human beings trying to enjoy the same game you are.

    What's in blue is what I find as a good thing. I think sexism got too sown into gaming and left the idea that girls can't handle gaming anything past G, which I say is BS. If the numbers are rising like that I see little as a guy to b**** about. As a guy I said, personally I don't see any need to complain.

    Now the red is what bizzares me. Just why? Why do you think that a girl gamer would even think about fullfilling your desire? NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Get a girl you know in *ahem* REAL LIFE.


    _________________
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by densetsushun on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:Agreed. The population of female gamers is growing significantly, I think the demographic might be closer to 60% if you count casual gaming(which is recognised as a form of video gaming). These aren't mystical beasts or goddesses willing to submit to your sexual desires without much effort on your part, they're human beings trying to enjoy the same game you are.

    What's in blue is what I find as a good thing. I think sexism got too sown into gaming and left the idea that girls can't handle gaming anything past G, which I say is BS. If the numbers are rising like that I see little as a guy to b**** about. As a guy I said, personally I don't see any need to complain.

    Now the red is what bizzares me. Just why? Why do you think that a girl gamer would even think about fullfilling your desire? NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Get a girl you know in *ahem* REAL LIFE.
    Point Forward
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Tolvo on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm

    If only I could send songs over PSN, just to screw with people I would send them this if I thought they were female.

    http://youtu.be/bsdIMGOLhkg
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Yuck going through this thread brought up memories of gender confusion with my name early in Dark Souls. What's with some guy gamers hitting on girls gamers? Is there such a wide gender gap that this exist? I find it sickening that some people would try this! I need to ask does my name sound like a woman's?

    Sounds like an androginous name to me. lol happy
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

    Samurainova wrote:Sounds like an androginous name to me. lol happy

    ...This is why none of my toons are women.


    _________________
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 pm

    densetsushun wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:You see I have girl gamers at my school, I, nor do my friends, treat them like Gods, because frankly if we meet in Dark Souls, we're not going to hook up and have freaky internet skoodilypooping times, we're going to kill each other, brutally. Like statistically 50% of the gaming community is currently female (search it up I did a speech on gaming for my english and it's true, check it) plus this chick you meet over Xbox live is not going to drive to your house so you can do the freak. It's absurd.

    You pose very well thought out points. If statistically that it true about gamergirls, perhaps they just have a harder time making friedns, so we see less of them. Or perhaps they just like completely different things. And on the subject of Gamegirls, its a psychological thing. In a place where mostly all we see is guys, its in guys nature to want to befriend a girl and help her, even if she doesn't need it, I don't speak for all guys but a lot of guys are nice like that. And your also true about the freaky, some guys over internet are weird like that, but most if not all girls know better than to hook up over an xbox winking
    Why would you automatically assume they need help? Where does your "most" come from? From an anecdotal standpoint I certainly know more people who respect gamers for being gamers. Why call them gamer girls, when they're gamers who happen to be girls? Why do you think female gamers have a harder time making friends or are interested in different games? Maybe people should try to talk to girls about gaming(or rather, talk to people about things in general) rather than assume the worse, you might be pleasantly surprised.

    Because game girls call themselves gamer girls, not us. All girls who play games at my school call themselves gamer girls. Theirs even a youtuber called gamer girl something. I think they don't really have a problem with it, similar to mail MAN or MANkind. Does anyone really care it's not mailWOMAN, i doubt it. But i am young, so i may be wrong, and i can accept the effect my adolescence may have on my viewpoints happy


    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by densetsushun on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 pm

    I can't speak for the girls at your school or the youtubers who wear that title, but the female gamers I know just want to be acknowledged as a gamer, a human being. I don't think anyone really likes being placed in boxes and segregated into groups without their consent.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 pm

    densetsushun wrote:I can't speak for the girls at your school or the youtubers who wear that title, but the female gamers I know just want to be acknowledged as a gamer, a human being. I don't think anyone really likes being placed in boxes and segregated into groups without their consent.

    Watch my Ex girlfriend play halo 4 and TELL ME you would'nt ask her if she needed help lol and no need to be so serious on the matter, i think either way a lot of people really don't care, i know i dont. But i can sympathize for those who do and try to understand them a little. That's all i was trying to do so no harm no foul bro. happy
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:Sounds like an androginous name to me. lol happy

    ...This is why none of my toons are women.

    I think guys are the ones who enjoy making girl characters. Probaly an innate thing, like if your a boy you want to be a girl to see what its like and vise versa. Sounds wierd i know, but somehow i think it translates into peoples gaming.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Tolvo on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 pm

    Most men I know do make female characters, but I actually dislike making female characters. In fact I'm probably one of the few people that actually tries to make his own characters look somewhat like him in a game.

    "Well let's see, there's a fat option, and a beard, close enough."
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Most men I know do make female characters, but I actually dislike making female characters. In fact I'm probably one of the few people that actually tries to make his own characters look somewhat like him in a game.

    "Well let's see, there's a fat option, and a beard, close enough."

    LOL, thats funny! Someone give this man a plus 1. Or woman a plus 1....no offence if you are.
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by LunarFog on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:39 pm

    I used to be really eager to state the fact that I was a gaming girl since I loved the attention. But after I've had my fun and saw a friend take it too far I kinda just grew out of it. I never even use a mic anymore. Lol.

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

    How did your friend take it too far?


    _________________
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by LunarFog on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:How did your friend take it too far?

    Telling you would probably get me in trouble, but...I'm sure if you looked long enough you can find her pictures in the /s/ section of 4chan.

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

    Nevermind I rather not lose my sanity by going there.


    _________________
    avatar
    Azamuth
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 53
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Age : 30

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Azamuth on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Most men I know do make female characters, but I actually dislike making female characters. In fact I'm probably one of the few people that actually tries to make his own characters look somewhat like him in a game.

    "Well let's see, there's a fat option, and a beard, close enough."

    Same here, I like having a character that at the very least Kinda looks like me xD~

    Unless I'm just goofing around, then I make the strangest things I am able to XD

    On subject: Meh, idiots will be idiots I guess. I got a few Thank you messages from people I've helped but that's that, I guess some just assume that female characters = female players, I don't know '-'


    _________________
    Prostration
    I am very sorry, sire, but I have been called to fight, and fight I shall.

    PSN: DarthGinhus


    Get your Portable ID!
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by WaffleGuy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Most men I know do make female characters, but I actually dislike making female characters. In fact I'm probably one of the few people that actually tries to make his own characters look somewhat like him in a game.

    "Well let's see, there's a fat option, and a beard, close enough."

    Me too, even if the character is completely different from me, it's still a guy. And I can't find to bring myself, if I'm going for a STR-build, like 'YEEAHH POWER' when I would be playing with a slimr woman. I just can't xD

    I just like to picture myself in the game (today Imma be a golden sumowrestler!)
    And I'm not much of a crossdresser


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Tolvo on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:29 pm

    Well I did once make a couple, I called them HIM and HER.

    HER was super slim and wore the silver knight helmet, she was a toon with 50 strength.

    HIM was an extremely fat toon that wore the Catarina set, he was a dex build that used the DWGR.
    avatar
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 548
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : New Hampshire

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by fujiphoenix on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 pm

    Rule #29: On the internet all women are men, and all kids are under cover FBI agents.
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by WaffleGuy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Well I did once make a couple, I called them HIM and HER.

    HER was super slim and wore the silver knight helmet, she was a toon with 50 strength.

    HIM was an extremely fat toon that wore the Catarina set, he was a dex build that used the DWGR.

    For some reason I would be laying on the floor laughing seeing Petrus randomly start flipping in my face


    Last edited by WaffleGuy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Letters keep using the d*mn Ring of Fog on me...)


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 880
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Houston. TX

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Samurainova on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 pm

    fujiphoenix wrote:Rule #29: On the internet all women are men, and all kids are under cover FBI agents.

    Oh sh!t you caught me!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Back off my lady lumps

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 am