Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
The Letter X
Soris Ice Goldwing
densetsushun
Hydreigon11
BIG TIME MASTER
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Uparkaam
Samurainova
lalliman
Onion Knight
Ashran
Hue
Tolvo
Sentiel
moomootv
bunnywink
LunarFog
21 posters

Back off my lady lumps

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Back off my lady lumps - Page 2 Empty Re: Back off my lady lumps

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Yuck going through this thread brought up memories of gender confusion with my name early in Dark Souls. What's with some guy gamers hitting on girls gamers? Is there such a wide gender gap that this exist? I find it sickening that some people would try this! I need to ask does my name sound like a woman's?

No, I don't see how it can be perceived as feminine.

I just assume 100% of the people I meet are guys. Things seem to work okay that way.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:51 pm

I'm a female gamer, not a girl and my motto is 'never look a gifthorse in the mouth'.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:You see I have girl gamers at my school, I, nor do my friends, treat them like Gods, because frankly if we meet in Dark Souls, we're not going to hook up and have freaky internet skoodilypooping times, we're going to kill each other, brutally. Like statistically 50% of the gaming community is currently female (search it up I did a speech on gaming for my english and it's true, check it) plus this chick you meet over Xbox live is not going to drive to your house so you can do the freak. It's absurd.

You pose very well thought out points. If statistically that it true about gamergirls, perhaps they just have a harder time making friedns, so we see less of them. Or perhaps they just like completely different things. And on the subject of Gamegirls, its a psychological thing. In a place where mostly all we see is guys, its in guys nature to want to befriend a girl and help her, even if she doesn't need it, I don't speak for all guys but a lot of guys are nice like that. And your also true about the freaky, some guys over internet are weird like that, but most if not all girls know better than to hook up over an xbox winking
    Why would you automatically assume they need help? Where does your "most" come from? From an anecdotal standpoint I certainly know more people who respect gamers for being gamers. Why call them gamer girls, when they're gamers who happen to be girls? Why do you think female gamers have a harder time making friends or are interested in different games? Maybe people should try to talk to girls about gaming(or rather, talk to people about things in general) rather than assume the worse, you might be pleasantly surprised.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

densetsushun wrote:Agreed. The population of female gamers is growing significantly, I think the demographic might be closer to 60% if you count casual gaming(which is recognised as a form of video gaming). These aren't mystical beasts or goddesses willing to submit to your sexual desires without much effort on your part, they're human beings trying to enjoy the same game you are.

What's in blue is what I find as a good thing. I think sexism got too sown into gaming and left the idea that girls can't handle gaming anything past G, which I say is BS. If the numbers are rising like that I see little as a guy to b**** about. As a guy I said, personally I don't see any need to complain.

Now the red is what bizzares me. Just why? Why do you think that a girl gamer would even think about fullfilling your desire? NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Get a girl you know in *ahem* REAL LIFE.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:Agreed. The population of female gamers is growing significantly, I think the demographic might be closer to 60% if you count casual gaming(which is recognised as a form of video gaming). These aren't mystical beasts or goddesses willing to submit to your sexual desires without much effort on your part, they're human beings trying to enjoy the same game you are.

What's in blue is what I find as a good thing. I think sexism got too sown into gaming and left the idea that girls can't handle gaming anything past G, which I say is BS. If the numbers are rising like that I see little as a guy to b**** about. As a guy I said, personally I don't see any need to complain.

Now the red is what bizzares me. Just why? Why do you think that a girl gamer would even think about fullfilling your desire? NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Get a girl you know in *ahem* REAL LIFE.
    Point Forward
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm

If only I could send songs over PSN, just to screw with people I would send them this if I thought they were female.

https://youtu.be/bsdIMGOLhkg
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Yuck going through this thread brought up memories of gender confusion with my name early in Dark Souls. What's with some guy gamers hitting on girls gamers? Is there such a wide gender gap that this exist? I find it sickening that some people would try this! I need to ask does my name sound like a woman's?

Sounds like an androginous name to me. lol happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Samurainova wrote:Sounds like an androginous name to me. lol happy

...This is why none of my toons are women.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:You see I have girl gamers at my school, I, nor do my friends, treat them like Gods, because frankly if we meet in Dark Souls, we're not going to hook up and have freaky internet skoodilypooping times, we're going to kill each other, brutally. Like statistically 50% of the gaming community is currently female (search it up I did a speech on gaming for my english and it's true, check it) plus this chick you meet over Xbox live is not going to drive to your house so you can do the freak. It's absurd.

You pose very well thought out points. If statistically that it true about gamergirls, perhaps they just have a harder time making friedns, so we see less of them. Or perhaps they just like completely different things. And on the subject of Gamegirls, its a psychological thing. In a place where mostly all we see is guys, its in guys nature to want to befriend a girl and help her, even if she doesn't need it, I don't speak for all guys but a lot of guys are nice like that. And your also true about the freaky, some guys over internet are weird like that, but most if not all girls know better than to hook up over an xbox winking
    Why would you automatically assume they need help? Where does your "most" come from? From an anecdotal standpoint I certainly know more people who respect gamers for being gamers. Why call them gamer girls, when they're gamers who happen to be girls? Why do you think female gamers have a harder time making friends or are interested in different games? Maybe people should try to talk to girls about gaming(or rather, talk to people about things in general) rather than assume the worse, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Because game girls call themselves gamer girls, not us. All girls who play games at my school call themselves gamer girls. Theirs even a youtuber called gamer girl something. I think they don't really have a problem with it, similar to mail MAN or MANkind. Does anyone really care it's not mailWOMAN, i doubt it. But i am young, so i may be wrong, and i can accept the effect my adolescence may have on my viewpoints happy

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 pm

I can't speak for the girls at your school or the youtubers who wear that title, but the female gamers I know just want to be acknowledged as a gamer, a human being. I don't think anyone really likes being placed in boxes and segregated into groups without their consent.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 pm

densetsushun wrote:I can't speak for the girls at your school or the youtubers who wear that title, but the female gamers I know just want to be acknowledged as a gamer, a human being. I don't think anyone really likes being placed in boxes and segregated into groups without their consent.

Watch my Ex girlfriend play halo 4 and TELL ME you would'nt ask her if she needed help lol and no need to be so serious on the matter, i think either way a lot of people really don't care, i know i dont. But i can sympathize for those who do and try to understand them a little. That's all i was trying to do so no harm no foul bro. happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:Sounds like an androginous name to me. lol happy

...This is why none of my toons are women.

I think guys are the ones who enjoy making girl characters. Probaly an innate thing, like if your a boy you want to be a girl to see what its like and vise versa. Sounds wierd i know, but somehow i think it translates into peoples gaming.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Most men I know do make female characters, but I actually dislike making female characters. In fact I'm probably one of the few people that actually tries to make his own characters look somewhat like him in a game.

"Well let's see, there's a fat option, and a beard, close enough."
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Tolvo wrote:Most men I know do make female characters, but I actually dislike making female characters. In fact I'm probably one of the few people that actually tries to make his own characters look somewhat like him in a game.

LOL, thats funny! Someone give this man a plus 1. Or woman a plus 1....no offence if you are.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:39 pm

I used to be really eager to state the fact that I was a gaming girl since I loved the attention. But after I've had my fun and saw a friend take it too far I kinda just grew out of it. I never even use a mic anymore. Lol.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

How did your friend take it too far?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:How did your friend take it too far?

Telling you would probably get me in trouble, but...I'm sure if you looked long enough you can find her pictures in the /s/ section of 4chan.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Nevermind I rather not lose my sanity by going there.
    Azamuth
    Azamuth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Azamuth Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Tolvo wrote:Most men I know do make female characters, but I actually dislike making female characters. In fact I'm probably one of the few people that actually tries to make his own characters look somewhat like him in a game.

Same here, I like having a character that at the very least Kinda looks like me xD~

Unless I'm just goofing around, then I make the strangest things I am able to XD

On subject: Meh, idiots will be idiots I guess. I got a few Thank you messages from people I've helped but that's that, I guess some just assume that female characters = female players, I don't know '-'
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Me too, even if the character is completely different from me, it's still a guy. And I can't find to bring myself, if I'm going for a STR-build, like 'YEEAHH POWER' when I would be playing with a slimr woman. I just can't xD

I just like to picture myself in the game (today Imma be a golden sumowrestler!)
    And I'm not much of a crossdresser
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Well I did once make a couple, I called them HIM and HER.

HER was super slim and wore the silver knight helmet, she was a toon with 50 strength.

HIM was an extremely fat toon that wore the Catarina set, he was a dex build that used the DWGR.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Rule #29: On the internet all women are men, and all kids are under cover FBI agents.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well I did once make a couple, I called them HIM and HER.

HER was super slim and wore the silver knight helmet, she was a toon with 50 strength.

HIM was an extremely fat toon that wore the Catarina set, he was a dex build that used the DWGR.

For some reason I would be laying on the floor laughing seeing Petrus randomly start flipping in my face Back off my lady lumps - Page 2 4205493335

Last edited by WaffleGuy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Letters keep using the d*mn Ring of Fog on me...)
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Rule #29: On the internet all women are men, and all kids are under cover FBI agents.

Oh sh!t you caught me!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 am