Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
moomootv
White Mamba
ted1023
reim0027
johnsom
Scudman_Slayer
skarekrow13
aceluby
befowler
lextune
Yesuurd
ChizFreak
Gol
PPG-3-
Forum Pirate
barecanvas
Carphil
Back Lot Basher
22 posters

What's your strategy for avoiding backstabs?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

backstabs - What's your strategy for avoiding backstabs? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your strategy for avoiding backstabs?

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    we ended up backstabbing each other 7x in a row same time with neither of us taking damage,

Good grief, this is what I mean about the wonky physics. How do you backstab each other? What part of "back" did the programmers misunderstand? They need to just patch backstabs right out of the game.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

backstabs - What's your strategy for avoiding backstabs? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your strategy for avoiding backstabs?

Post by Glutebrah Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    we ended up backstabbing each other 7x in a row same time with neither of us taking damage,

Good grief, this is what I mean about the wonky physics. How do you backstab each other? What part of "back" did the programmers misunderstand? They need to just patch backstabs right out of the game.

We were both pivoting so on our own screen due to slight lag and thr speed in which we pivot we were both behind each other on our own screens.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Embrace the art of the backstabs my friends!!!

We should have backstab only contests and see who is the best backstabber!

I am on fire!!!
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Hell.. the only time I can land a Back stab is by mistake..lol
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 pm

If anyone wants to practice BS and, especially avoiding BS, let me know. We can go fist-to-fist.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:45 pm

ted1023 wrote:Hell.. the only time I can land a Back stab is by mistake..lol

not anymore...BS master!
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:08 am

I know it's late in the topic, but I noticed no one left a link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsp6k4830a0&list=FLTVsLZKpe0JEPbhst2B2YQQ
    This helped me out huuuuuuuge! Let's you know how most of the lagstabs are being done, but most of all how to avoid them. Part 1 has all the different BS types.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:17 am

That video is awesome. Really helpful.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 am

I just find moving around and flipping around a lot helps.. Though biggest problem with getting BSed is the fact thaqt almost every PvP match lags and it's whether someone takes advantage of that or not.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I just find moving around and flipping around a lot helps.. Though biggest problem with getting BSed is the fact thaqt almost every PvP match lags and it's whether someone takes advantage of that or not.

This
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:49 pm

After all this time, I recently finished my first dex build, and you guys are right...backstabs not so much of an issue when you're moving fast. I also am putting the finishing touches on a mage that has less Int than the first one I made, but more End and Vit, so it's mobile and can take a hit. Alternating between the moonlight sword and CHSM keeps people from getting too stabby-stabby.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:06 pm

yeah but watch out for GMB users, it will dismantle your whole offense...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Actually, that brings up a whole other issue I was thinking about. I hear people talk about using GMB to shut down mages, and other people talk about how gread the DMB is. But I was wondering how effective these things are due to the time limit on each. After a minute or so, don't these expire? So wouldn't people just become good at avoiding them until they're gone? It's one of the reasons I've never really pursued a build using something like the DMB. I just figured people would be running from them anyway. How do you deal with that?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:35 pm

well yeah you are right I think it lasts like a minute or so, an experienced opponent could finish you in that time using the advantage and maybe you could evade him, but it nullifies your OFFENSE as I stated, will make you have to resort to evasive maneuvers or defensive stances only if you are not prepared.

Although I noticed it works best against MGS and weapons that deal magic damage only and not so much against buffed weapons depending on the weapon you are using.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Actually, that brings up a whole other issue I was thinking about. I hear people talk about using GMB to shut down mages, and other people talk about how gread the DMB is. But I was wondering how effective these things are due to the time limit on each. After a minute or so, don't these expire? So wouldn't people just become good at avoiding them until they're gone? It's one of the reasons I've never really pursued a build using something like the DMB. I just figured people would be running from them anyway. How do you deal with that?

Running away is the less clever thing to do.
    Or you meant dodging and blocking ?

Anyway, it's still the less clever thing to do.
    When the guy buffs his wep, he knows that you're gonna dodge and block and etc...
    It's a way of putting pressure on you, all you're gonna think of is "I GOTTA DODGE, HE MUST NOT HIT ME, NO MATTER WHAT" and while you will concentrate on dodging he's gonna be aggressive and will never let you take a break, he'll keep pressuring you and you're gonna make a mistake (Like running out of stamina or getting stuck in a corner, or falling off a cliff) ---> You're dead.

The best way to counter a DMB (or any wep buff) user is to adopt an agressive playstyle and pressure him, just switch the roles.

But against the GMB, if you're a pure int build you're dead, except if you got an elemental weapon just in case, if you don't, yeah, just dodge most of the time and land a few hits/BS him... something like that.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Also know what weapon you're running from if someone buffs. Many popular weapons don't have stellar attack sets from running. I use a +15 Great Scythe buffed with CMW and had someone run once. I took off after them, 2-handed it and used the R1 attack. GREAT running attack. You're better off coming toward me because then I have to think about what attack you're trying. If you're running you don't have many options that I won't see a mile away or worse yet, slow you down to use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm