Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
twilightwarwolf
Myztyrio
FullSpe3D
Thundergrip
skarekrow13
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JumpsU3vs1
DianaDieHard
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
SlakeMoth
xSomax
Sentiel
Juutas
Slarg232
Aznul
LunarFog
ChizFreak
The Letter X
Sloth9230
Carphil
reim0027
Tolvo
Phoenix Rising
XachAttack
Serious_Much
Samurainova
31 posters

What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player.

Poll

What do you think is the most important aspect of a dark souls player

[ 10 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 14 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap1%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 46 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap65%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [65%] 

Total Votes: 71
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player.

Post by Samurainova Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Ganking is most important to you? Intrugueing
    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player.

Post by JumpsU3vs1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Samurainova wrote:Ganking is most important to you? Intrugueing

What is fun is what is most important to me in the game.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 pm

A sense of humor. Some people take this game waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Has anyone gone on record with "a working controller" yet?

Because that's my vote. Patience, aka willpower helps too I suppose
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

^ The above gets it.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Animaaal wrote:A sense of humor. Some people take this game waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

I know where you are coming from bro...trust me lol
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:A sense of humor. Some people take this game waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

I know where you are coming from bro...trust me lol

Oh I'm sure, i know you gots humor. happy

Dont get me wrong, I'm pretty competitive. But some people get all bent out of shape if you disagree, or some noob like me makes a better build, or God forbid, you PROVE them wrong.

Its sad really. I know for a fact a couple people here (this suprised me greatly) ignored me and wont respond to my comments, all because I'm either new, proved em wrong, didnt get a joke, trolled a troll, etc.

At the end of the day you gotta ask yourself, "Does Dark Souls and/or forum make me happy or sad?" If its the latter...then quit.

Dark Souls and making an a$$ of myself for yalls enjoyment makes me happy. As soon as it doesn't, I will Bow out.

Gluttony for punishment does not make a Dark Souls vet contrary to contemporary belief, imo.

My 2 sense
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Sorry I'm so late, but yes your words are true animaal you make extremely valid points.
    DianaDieHard
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DianaDieHard Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Don't forget love nova happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 pm

:Baal01:
    Thundergrip
    Thundergrip
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thundergrip Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Etiquette is inside Skill for me on this one - I have nothing but respect for a player who can win despite being backstabbed while bowing, or some such thing.
    FullSpe3D
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FullSpe3D Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Skill. If you have skill you don't need willpower because you win (which the majority voted for), you'll probably become famous if you upload to YouTube or stream, and etiquette? Your courtesy doesn't matter if you're constantly losing so you can't bow after the match.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Of the 4, I'd rank mine in order as:

1)Willpower
    2)Etiquette(Sometimes not, but only when invading)
    3)Skill
    4)Fame(Although I would like this too. If only I had a good recording device!)

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever met someone with as much willpower. I don't get angry at games like others do. Never rage.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm

i myself say its a tie between skill and willpower. i find that skill does matter quite a bit to me though im not amazing and just like everyone else i have my good and bad moments but sometimes the only way to do something in DkS is to have the will to do it especially when you first start.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Etiquette. sometimes you have to give up and take a break, but I find that afterwards, I come back stronger than ever before.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Option E, someone that keeps it as a game, and doesn't take it seriously. Someone that tries to get the most fun out of this recreational time, whatever that fun is to them.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Stubbornness. Works well enough for me.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:34 am

I selected D unintentionally, my choice is C, because D. while it's the most important aspect of almost all games, not just of Dark Souls, I think C is equally important in this game.

At the end of the day, you can do something difficult, but it means nothing. The only thing that is truly important in the end is that after you persevere, you share that with your fellow player. if you don't interact, sending both good, and bad messages, and to understand the heartbeat of the community (this includes gankers, questers, pvpers, and streamers).

At the end of the day, any online game that is worth it's salt gives you reason to -want- that power, and to want people to know you. There is multiple reasons for this... first off, Dark Souls is a game about resolve, its not a journey one can take alone and survive on long.

If I did not have players to share those experiences with, both the victories and failures, I would not have made it. I would have put down this game because without comaraderie a challenge, no matter how difficult, is unrewarding. At the end of the day, all you will ever have is your fellow man, woman, and comrade. both enemy and friend, loved or despised.

In PvP, I do not go "I am now fighting player #4", no, I go "I'm now fighting Slackn'Cheese", and if you fight well, I'll remember you. A week later, I'll go "Hey, I'm fighting Slack'Cheese again...", but if you don't fight well, you're quickly forgotten. I head to the forest on my -real- account, Kujii, and a lot of gankers will run. I recognize their names and they recognize mine. That is a powerful feeling: Being known matters.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:30 am

Wanted to vote A, but then I saw D. Obviously D.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:30 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:Wanted to vote A, but then I saw D. Obviously D.

That seems to be what everyone goes for happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm