Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Emergence
Rifter7
Spurgun
Carphil
Jansports
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
Glutebrah
WyrmHero
reim0027
Sentiel
Juutas
raecor14
Xero
Sloth9230
Ghadis_God
robsthedon
ChizFreak
23 posters

Is the Chaos Blade any good?

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Is the Chaos Blade any good? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Chaos Blade any good?

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 am

Juutas wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Plus, it seems to build up bleed faster.

Yes i think it has the highest bleed build up in the game (not sure if Gold Tracer has higher..)
    Chaos Blade does 36 Bleed build up, other weapons do 30, with two exceptions.
    Priscialla's Dagger does less than 30 and Lifehunt Scythe does more than 30.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:the only thing that builds up the bleed meter faster is the lifehunt scythe in my experience, the only reason i don't use it is because i hate katana's of all sorts and this ones become very popular largely due to "some guy's" use of it.
    I don't know if it's because of him, but it's true that there are a lot more people using it recently.

I still wonder why is his name censored here...
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:47 am

Chaos blade is bad and you should feel bad!

Resin Uchi/Iiato always does more damage at 40/45 dex.

And one of those you can buy and make 43 Crystals if you wanted
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 am

Jansports wrote:Chaos blade is bad and you should feel bad!

resin uchi/iaito doesn't do more damage actually..

on the menu screen sure the AR looks like more but actual damage?? naw it adds like 10-20damage if that depending on the resin you use.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 am

Only resin worth using in the Rotten Pine one IMO.
    Others don't add enough damage to bother with them, however Poison can put your enemy under some pressure and make him/her do a mistake.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Juutas wrote:

Yes i think it has the highest bleed build up in the game (not sure if Gold Tracer has higher..)

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:the only thing that builds up the bleed meter faster is the lifehunt scythe in my experience, the only reason i don't use it is because i hate katana's of all sorts and this ones become very popular largely due to "some guy's" use of it.
    I don't know if it's because of him, but it's true that there are a lot more people using it recently.

Who are you talking about? Some guy?

EDIT: oh lol, it's him, yeah it's like that because according to Emergence he was responsible for erasing a lot of data from the wiki purposely, but the reason of why he did that I don't know....
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 pm

ChizFreak wrote:

EDIT: oh lol, it's him, yeah it's like that because according to Emergence he was responsible for erasing a lot of data from the wiki purposely, but the reason of why he did that I don't know....

i wonder if people in Cleveland refer to Lebron as "some guy"
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Juutas wrote:

Yes, I was talking about he whos name shall not be spoken.

He did what?
    I'm not his fan, or anything, but I find it hard to believe, that a random user can just stroll in and delete data from a wiki.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm

DON'T LET GLUTEBRAH OR SERIOUS MUCH SEE THIS THRE

oh too late..
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Juutas wrote:

Yes, I was talking about he whos name shall not be spoken.

He did what?
    I'm not his fan, or anything, but I find it hard to believe, that a random user can just stroll in and delete data from a wiki.

I wasn't present at the time, but if Emergence says it was him I believe him. No random user, there are several systems in the wiki to identify who does changes to the wiki pages.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    I wasn't present at the time, but if Emergence says it was him I believe him. No random user, there are several systems in the wiki to identify who does changes to the wiki pages.
    I don't doubt Emergence, it's just that I don't know how wiki actually works, so I find it hard to believe someone can just come and delete something from it, without a higher (mod, admin) approval.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    I don't doubt Emergence, it's just that I don't know how wiki actually works, so I find it hard to believe someone can just come and delete something from it, without a higher (mod, admin) approval.

apparently you never heard the term hacking before... but regardless i heard it was him and some other ex mods who were banned. not just him solo.

But now that the thread has been derailed into this convo...

Is the Chaos Blade any good? - Page 2 2502.InBeforeLock
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

apparently you never heard the term hacking before... but regardless i heard it was him and some other ex mods who were banned. not just him solo.

But now that the thread has been derailed into this convo...

Is the Chaos Blade any good? - Page 2 2502.InBeforeLock
    I did, of course. I just didn't expected it to get serious.

Well, enough of that. I understand it's a taboo, so I won't prone into it any more.

Back to the topic.

Chaos Blade is the best! happy
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:28 pm

"Chaos Blade is Best blade."

that is the official slogan of the Chaos blade, created by me.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Glutebrah wrote:"Chaos Blade is Best blade."

that is the official slogan of the Chaos blade, created by me.
    I agree. I just wish it's 1H R2 was a bit better, but meh, it would be OP then. silly
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Glutebrah wrote:

on the menu screen sure the AR looks like more but actual damage?? naw it adds like 10-20damage if that depending on the resin you use.

at 40dex 10 manatee a Gold Resin Uchi has equal physical AR and the entire Resin AR over the Chaos Blade. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=168293321877168836

It's not like I just make outlandish claims, an extra 180 AR in lightning miight not be worth as much as an extra 180 physical AR but it still is extra damage. Without the downside of self harm.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Jansports wrote:at 40dex 10 manatee a Gold Resin Uchi has equal physical AR and the entire Resin AR over the Chaos Blade. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=168293321877168836

It's not like I just make outlandish claims, an extra 180 AR in lightning miight not be worth as much as an extra 180 physical AR but it still is extra damage. Without the downside of self harm.
    Self harm vs time limit then.

Also, you're using a Crystal Uchi, on +5 even.
    Ain't nobody got time for farming chunks to make a 6(?) durability weapon.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Jansports wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

at 40dex 10 manatee a Gold Resin Uchi has equal physical AR and the entire Resin AR over the Chaos Blade. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=168293321877168836

well yea you are talking Cyrstal Uchi, say Crystal uchi. and Golden Resin is only 120 AR not 180. and i remember testing Gold resin on Reims Mura and it only added like 20 damage to ripostes.

normal people who don't like to spend hours farming mats for a weapon that lasts 30 mins use normal +15 weapons.

the 20HP drain is far to important for me to ever use something else, i seriously can't play with out it i've tried and hated it.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 pm

I have over 40 Crystal weapons on my Dex Pyro, the majority of them BSS and Uchi But that's not the point.

The point is whenever someone says that Chaos Blade is the strongest Katana, they are wrong. Crystal Uchi is the strongest katana for pure AR.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Jansports wrote:I have over 40 Crystal weapons on my Dex Pyro, the majority of them BSS and Uchi But that's not the point.

The point is whenever someone says that Chaos Blade is the strongest Katana, they are wrong. Crystal Uchi is the strongest katana for pure AR.
    It is stronger by a very little, however, it will break very quickly and is thus useleless to me.

Unless you're gonna supply me with unlimited amounts of Crystal Uchis +5, or materials to make them, I can't accept that argument, sorry.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm

You don't have to accept it, it's just a fact.

And until someone decides to supply me with infinite life or change the rules of fight clubs to allow me to use the methods I have of restoring life the Chaos Blade is useless to me.
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Well have fun dying to it then.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Chaos Blade still has more range and much more bleed than other katanas, so it's the strongest.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Juutas wrote:Chaos Blade still has more range and much more bleed than other katanas, so it's the strongest.

Does it has the same speed of the Iato? Because I love the Iato and couldn't do it without it's speed.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Chaos Blade still has more range and much more bleed than other katanas, so it's the strongest.

Does it has the same speed of the Iato? Because I love the Iato and couldn't do it without it's speed.

Exact the same speed, it doesn't have the Iaito's awesome R2's though.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Jansports wrote:

Nope. Crystal WP with 40 dex and str silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 pm