Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Saturday-Saint
Ghadis_God
Jansports
The Letter X
Sloth9230
Infighter
Tharacon2
RANT
Marino.
XachAttack
Glutebrah
Forum Pirate
Slarg232
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Soris Ice Goldwing
roanispe
Hydreigon11
Johnthethird
22 posters

Fads are caused by streamers.

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Fads are caused by streamers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fads are caused by streamers.

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:27 am

XachAttack wrote:*Sigh* =_= Unoriginal idiots. All of them.

(I'm referring to the guys who copy the streamers, not the streamers themselves)
    I got called a Some guy (dafuq?)copier a lot since I'm using Chaos Blade and Composite Bow. big grin
    I was using those before they were cool. winking

I summoned people with RSS in Ariamis, and one rushed for mobs, second bs'ed me while I was bowing and the other casted a CSS in my face while I was bowing. All RSS mind you.

I'm trying to say that people really might have been influenced by streamers, but bear in mind that some people are just griefers.

When I get invaded and the invader bows, I bow as well. If he doesn't I don't either. However, even if you dislike bowing, it's no reason to backstab/cast spells at the bowing person. Regardless of what one thinks, that person shows their respect and trust in you and the upcoming duel. Attacking such a person is, at least for me, the very definition of being a a**hole.

PS:
    Why is Peevee replaced by "Some guy" when I write his name correctly?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 am

Makes sense. I played a ton of demons pvp, but I heavily favored a blessed gaxe so trading was my goal 90% of the time because I was always going to win the trade. If not immediately, inside 30 seconds.

I tried a few other weapons, and knew all the movesets, but I would have a child with that greataxe if I could.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 am

I'm sorry for my limited English vocabulary, but what does "fad" mean?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:53 am

trend.

Its something that gets popular and dies out fairly quickly in a population.

The pure pyro phase that hit the forum was a fad. If everyone suddenly decided whips were awesome and used them for a month before moving on, it would also be a fad.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 am

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Well, you guys convinced me, I'm throwing a whip on my Quality build. He's got 40/40, so I just have to decide which whip I want, Notched or Guardian.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm

I was never a fan of pretend rules being enforced anyway. Technically speaking there's no need to bow; you both know why you're there and should get on with it. I'll still do it if I can get myself away from the forest and it's a RSS fight or something, as long as they're not close.

AFTER the fight is different. If it's a good fight, bow. If it was junk, taunting is always fun happy. You don't lose time doing anything after fights.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Gosh darn it! I can't remember the guy with the PGS. He usually had it enchanted with Great Magic Weapon. I don't usually watch random DS videos on youtube so I'm pretty sure it has to be someone well known.

That would of been EpicNameBro. He has only done one PvP video that I'm aware of out of the hundreds of Dark Souls vids he's uploaded.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm