Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
BLA1NE
Maneater_Mildred
DoughGuy
Deprived Lord
hey its andres
LordRevan
Ahhotep1
dianaduh
JoeBroski09
BeeSeaEss
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
Hydreigon11
dancash1808
Jester's Tears
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
ChizFreak
SlakeMoth
Uparkaam
GrinTwist
The Letter X
Spurgun
Marino.
Tolvo
Carphil
cloudyeki
Forum Pirate
Garl_Vinland
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hatsune Miku
bunnywink
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
38 posters

Random Off-Topic

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Random Off-Topic - Page 37 Empty Re: Random Off-Topic

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Yeah ... doesn't excuse her for being so frickin fast though. She was getting 2 turns everytime for every one of mine.

haha I don't even want to think about doing that. How'd you do it?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 pm

The same as when you do any boss while majorly underlevelled, just uber conservative play.

It meas using dart as main healer and just having stacks upon stacks of healing items.. stuff like hp regen ring and helm that gives extra 50% life help a *** load though..

Obviously having their maxed out addittions is good too, but dragoons are a no-no unless you're only using it for one turn.. Gotta say having rose storm to pull out was very useful.

To be fair it's not THAT hard, theres loads of equips to ramp up magic defence (spirit is it in game?)that arent the intensely OP legend casque
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Mmm just a lot of prep then. I need ot get some more healing breezes but I'm not sure if I can get out of the castle with the 2 princesses in me lol.

Btw why is the first disc designed to make Shana useless? She ends up around 5 levels behind unless you use her for every normal enemy fight and some of the bosses which is annoying cause she has no stats on account of being 5 levels lower.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:46 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Mmm just a lot of prep then. I need ot get some more healing breezes but I'm not sure if I can get out of the castle with the 2 princesses in me lol.

Btw why is the first disc designed to make Shana useless? She ends up around 5 levels behind unless you use her for every normal enemy fight and some of the bosses which is annoying cause she has no stats on account of being 5 levels lower.

In my opinion it's to try and discourage her use, cus the white dragoon is probably the best character you can have in a final team. Never misses, can get insane sp per shot, insane magic stats and the best dragoon magic in the game
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Annoying though cause I want to use her on my current playthrough.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 am

I never use her. Healing rain is more than enough healing unless I do something stupid like transform against the anti dragoon enemies, and Meru actually does physical damage with some work, so she's not a liability in normal fights.

Her magic isn't quite as high for the magic attack items or dragoon magic, but its more than high enough to make quick work of stubborn enemies for most of the game (especially in the water special setting) Dart, Haschel, Meru or Dart, Rose, Meru are usually what I use. Astral Drain is good support healing if I'm low on items.

BTW the localisation is horrid. I'd forgotten how bad it was until I started it up a few days ago.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 am

Yeah forum I actually agree with you there, I played through the game using my main team as Dart Haschel Meru cus i never used that team pretty much. Her additions make her almost as good as the male party members and the good thing about her dragoon is the diversity in magic it has, a 50% healing along with the offensive magics she has are really useful, though if only she had her own version of 'rose storm', would be incredible.

Haschel was just a disappointment on the dragoon front, I almost never changed him unless I was doing 'special' with dart to fire off a few final bursts on a boss.

Astral drain though I feel is almost pointless after a while, the damage and healing just become so pathetically low.. Only reason I really use rose is the fact she's one of the better balanced characters, and her final magic does huge damage.

Strangely in my teams I always have 1 man, 1 woman with dart.. I just prefer the balance I guess, woman as healer/mage and the other two as human battering rams.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:58 am

Haschel is a bit of a disappointment though he can get some really nice damage with his dragon magic. I had him do 5k to the divine dragon spirit. Meru has never been someone I've used, just never liked her :/

Yeah I like Rose for her balance and Astral drain is amazing early game. She's probably my fave party member. I don't like her third magic though, it seems useless. you don't use dragoons against normal enemies. I prefer Albery for a my second (cause I love his additions and his magic is really good) but I gotta boost his mag def better.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 am

The issue with albert is often he's a double edged sword. The vast majority of enemies you encounter are water and earth types. Means he can do some stupid damage to them even with his sorry excuse for D magic (though gaspless is ok), but he'll get hit hard a lot of the time..

I think you really should give meru a try.. her final addition is the best (I think?), it's 600% damage and 100sp anyway from memory, so that's epic, also she's got awesome magic skills too. Fantastic when after a time you get special bomb x to use every fight.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:20 am

Haschel isn't about pure damage, its that he's the fastest attacker. He goes more often, so the damage he does per battle is frequently higher than anyone elses, even though his damage per turn is lower. (same reason meru turns out to be a decent attacker.) He also has no weakness, making his damage consistent and he's not prone to the Albert problem of losing 3/4 of his hp in 1 hit all the time. His speed also makes him a decent secondary healer, he can chuck those items out pretty quick in an emergency.

Rose is almost my lazy character. Easy, high powered additions (especially as there are only the 4, so her final can be earned really early) and good magic attack means that whatever the enemies weakness is, she has an answer.

And yes, Meru's final addiction is the strongest at 600%. Next is Kongol (who's useless) at 500%
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 am

Wow 600 is massive. Yeah I never realised how big speed was till I started playing again my second time (this is my third restart). Being 8 I didn't pay much attention to the non physical stats xD

My current plan for this run was to use Rose and Hascel/Albert till Shana became viable and then see where she fits.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:32 am

Probably in place of Rose. I'd think you'll be doing some 1 turn transformations against tougher normal enemies to save on healing items getting up to bosses. It takes fewer items to just keep her mp up than to keep everybody healed with items.

She wrecks bosses though, and for as long as she's alive there's very little chance of you losing because she can just revive your downed members 1 attack later.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 am

I knwo most enemies well enough to hit them to just above yellow them guard till I can do a one turn wipe before a boss. Generally I walk into boss fights with one person about 50-100 hp under max. I never had room for MP items. Still don't. And honestly I never saw the need for them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 am

DoughGuy wrote:I knwo most enemies well enough to hit them to just above yellow them guard till I can do a one turn wipe before a boss. Generally I walk into boss fights with one person about 50-100 hp under max. I never had room for MP items. Still don't. And honestly I never saw the need for them.

I only ever used Mp items for dart and shana to be honest, since their magic is the only ones worth spamming, but on bosses I say it's almost essential, just like magic items.

Forum thing is with speed is its not an issue ever with me, I always get 2 bandits rings and the bandit shoes, and dancers shoes for the girls.. I always have a crazy fast team no matter who I use really so that doesn't matter to me really, kinda insignificant once you lay on those equips.

Ever played with a 70 speed kongol? He's an effin juggernaut.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 am

Make a Tier list lol!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 am

I wouldn;t say magic items are necessary. They're helpful but I reckon you could go through the game without them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah that's why I say almost silly you can get by without items, but they make progress through bosses much easier, or more like faster. To be fair I'd usually have in my pack (it's 20 slots or something right?) about 10 heals, 5 revives, 2 rhapsodies and 3 magic items to hail the boss with once dragoons were spent. Obviously though that changes depending on what tactics you need on the boss.

I'm listening to dark side of the moon at the moment... How come every time I listen to this thing I feel like I'm tripping while totally sober?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 am

I could go through the game without healing items too, I'd just be super over leveled and guard happy.

Ever seen 200 speed Haschel or Meru? Either one can kill entire squads of enemies without anyone else even getting a turn.

Even without the speed up boost 100 speed haschel and 110 speed meru are going to go 30% and 40% more often, and kongol doesn't out damage haschel by that much, especially considering Merus magic attack and that at final addition time Haschel gets the 501% boost (kongols is 300%, I was mistaken earlier.)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am

So last week it was so cold (below 0ºF for an extended period) that our washing machine froze. Not just the pipes to it, the pump, the outflow, everything. It was so cold that it took two days to thaw it. Monday was cold and rainy. Yesterday was mild and rainy. Today is already 60ºF (about 14ºC) and getting warmer.

Tomorrow: The forecast is calling for up to six inches of snow. Like my mom used to say about Western, NY....."If you don't like the weather. Wait five minutes."
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Wait wait wait... 200 speed? How is that even possible? :/ but surely you get that with equips kongol could reach like 160... Do you get what I mean forum? Once you get the speed boost items I'd argue the initial speed stat is far less important. It's mostly about who you like pretty much and just playing to strengths.

Though then again that could be blamed on the through and through piss easy difficulty.. Maybe that's just me knowing the game though..
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

So who here eats Oreos a lot?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

I used to. But then again, Double-stuf is far superior.

I used to just scrape off the creamy center and eat that. silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:10 pm

O eat them occasionally, still haven't eaten them 'properly' but they make a good tea-dipping biscuit
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:26 pm

At least it's not Vegemite. Australians are nuts with that stuff, it's like the way the Hawaiians are with Spam. Random Off-Topic - Page 37 4125110524
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Ugh, my glasses broke today sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:49 am