Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
lalliman
LunarFog
NinesVoerman
7 posters

Your most intense moment?

NinesVoerman

Your most intense moment? Empty Your most intense moment?

Post by NinesVoerman Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:37 pm

So here I was in the Depths, I was killed by salamanders many man times, losing dozens of thousands of souls in the process. So I gain humanity and summon a player, the played seemed to be a good, high level player who just wanted to help me out so he ran through Depths with me, slaughtering the salamanders as they came. Then we got to the fog door. I didn't know what awaited us so I summoned Lautrec for assistance.

I entered the door and watched the cutscene in absolute horror as the Gaping Dragon crawled up in to the area. I being a massive wuss, hung back for a bit to assess the strategy as Lautrec and my new friend picked away at the dragon, all seemed to be well as they took away 2 bars of the Dragons health but then disaster struck, the dragon landed straight on my ally, killing him outright. Then, to make things worse, the dragon anihilated Lautrec with ease.

So from the patern I memorized I attempted to kill the dragon. It was easier than expected and I felt kinda bad for letting my comrades die but I pressed on and got the dragon down to 2 bars of health and then, just as I was finished attacking his tail and I try to run away to dodge his tail attack, my batteries run out of charge and the controller disconnects. The dragon hit me with it's tail. This happens a further two times and I have run out of estus flasks. Both the dragon and I had just one hit left and just before I could hit it a final time, the batteries run out again, I dived across to my desk and got new batteries and put them in the controller and it connected just in time for me to dodge it's tail attack.

I ended up killing it and I sat back on my bed feeling so relieved.

That was by far the most intense moment I've had in this game. What are your stories?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Your most intense moment? Empty Re: Your most intense moment?

Post by LunarFog Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:52 pm

There was one time I invaded some anti-grief gankers in Undead Parish. I walk outside and I see 3 guys, one in havel's gear, one in Solair armor, and another I don't even remember. I get surrounded and gang-banged but manage to escape with a sliver of my health left so I run around trying to think of a plan while they all follow me. I run up the stairs and breathe a toxic cloud to block their path and give me a little time to think but they all run through it and get toxin status. That's when I realized that was the best possible thing that could've happened for me.

I roll off the ledge back to the bottom floor(I had seriously about 1 health after that) and backstab one of them when they landed. He dies and I run back out of the parish towards the giant gate. They all follow me into the sunlight altar and I make a giant loop around them and manage to close the gate before they could get inside. I turn myself into a barrel and wait for about 5 or 10 minutes for the two to slowly drop dead from the toxin.

I felt so great to destroy 3 tanks.
    NinesVoerman

Post by NinesVoerman Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm

That sounds pretty intense. I haven't tried invading worlds yet, I need to soon.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 pm

If you want to be a low level invader then I can help you out as much as you need. Click my siggy~
    NinesVoerman

Post by NinesVoerman Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Sounds kickass. I'll check it out.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:08 pm

So this one time i was fighting O&S. Thanks to Solaire distracting Ornstein, i fought Smough 1 on 1 and defeated him. When the little cutscene started, i immediately pressed escape to skip it but it didn't respond, so I figured it was unskippable. I looked away from the screen for like 1 second, because i figured i'm safe as long as the cutscene plays.
    BUT it turns out that in the one second that i looked away, the cutscene suddenly decided to respond to the esc press and skipped and i looked back at the screen just in time to see my char get hit in the face with super Ornstein's lightning bolt D:
    So with like 1/10 health left i panic a little and start running away while Ornstein is chasing me to take the last of my health off. (lemme point out this was like the 3rd try so i was already kinda frustrated)
    Now lemme point out that my monitor has a certain plug which sometimes tends to get loose, which makes the freaking screen go black. And that's exactly what happens.
    So i start fiddling on the plug like crazy trying to get the screen to go on again, and when it does... my char was safely standing there while Ornstein was fighting Solaire :') Solaire is the ultimate sunbro indeed.
    My heart kept beating like **** the entire fight long from that freaking moment.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Jumped accross the river in The Forest and landed it. xD
    NinesVoerman

Post by NinesVoerman Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm

God I hate it when stuff like that happens. Especially because the souls games don't pause -.-
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 pm

I invaded some player's world in the Kiln of the First Flame, and surprise surprise, I'm face to face with three gankers who are wearing the family masks and Giant's Set. They all came at me without hesitation.

So naturally, I ran like f*ck. I just ran, not knowing what the heck I'm supposed to do. And just as I reached that narrow bridge-like passage towards the boss fog, it occured to me. I hid behind a column and waited for the gankers to come to me. I had my talisman in my hand. And when they arrived, BAM!

Like lambs to the slaughter. I used one Wrath of God and they all fell to their deaths.

Probably not my most intense moment, but certainly one of the more enjoyable ones.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm gonna explain it, Short. With CAPS.

FOUR KINGS (ALL of them out) - ONE ESTUS - LESS THEN 10 HP% LEFT - NG+6.

Still Won.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:59 am

My first successful fight with Manus.

I summoned 2 Sunbros for help. They died, i wasted many flasks on them.
    So i had to fend off a steroid-induced Manus with no flasks or humanity since i wasted them in my previous attempts with Manus.

10 minutes later, i killed that S.O.B with 70hp remaining.
    I cried with pure adrenaline rush the whole 10 minutes. Stayed in my bed for hours laughing and crying. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 pm