Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Yukon
skarekrow13
Isirith
lalliman
SlakeMoth
9 posters

Yackety Yack

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Yackety Yack Empty Yackety Yack

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:14 am

Is it my imagination or has Andrei the Blacksmith become more talkative lately? I'm in ng++ and he goes rabitting on about armour and weapons and upgrading them etc. and I don't remember him doing that before. On the other hand, I might not have pressed the right buttons to get a response. It happens that way with my husband sometimes.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Yackety Yack Empty Re: Yackety Yack

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 am

I think he always did that. He serves as a tutorial for blacksmithing, it's been that way as long as i've played it.
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:02 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Is it my imagination or has Andrei the Blacksmith become more talkative lately? I'm in ng++ and he goes rabitting on about armour and weapons and upgrading them etc. and I don't remember him doing that before. On the other hand, I might not have pressed the right buttons to get a response. It happens that way with my husband sometimes.

Best thing I've read all day!
    Poor Husband's...
    They all sound abit... Dare I say.. Useless sometimes? big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 am

:evil:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 pm

skarekrow13 wrote: :evil:

lol!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:55 pm

What patch did they switch back to "You Defeated!" and what was the point of patching it out just to return it? Also it seems like after I downloaded the DLC the sealer in New Londo more readily talked about Artorias. But I havent noticed a change in the Blacksmith dialogue
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:59 am

Nobody?...huh, guess i'll have to post it.

DON'T TALK BACK

On topic though, i never noticed any change. I'll have to go look though, love the new warp point. Although off topic, i kinda hope warping is NOT in the next game. Its not very fitting, convenient and i love it. But doesn't really go with the rest of the world.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 am

I don't mind talking to NPC's and I usually exhaust the current topic because it may have a bearing on how things work out later. As for warping, I agree that, if you're a purist which I am not, it does seem a little out of place in Dark Souls but you have to admit it's very handy and can you imagine Skyrim without 'fast travel'?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 am

What would be fitting for the game, if warping was taken away? Befriend a dragon to use as transport?

Or just walk everywhere and change some dead-ends (Abyss, Bed of Chaos, Manus).
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:32 pm

...i'm not saying i don't like warping. I'm not a fanatic ranting about it being a game breaker, but...i know its a game, so reality is not something it can ever be, BUT. Randomly touch a flame, and pop up at another. ...it kills the realism a little. If you can't see that in any small way, i'm not wanting to bother communicating with you in any way shape or form.

As far as dead ends, those could be avoided. Its impossible to see it now, because we have played the game, and so much of the world i made. But they make the world how they want, it wouldn't be hard to string it together without dead ends.

I'm feeling like this has created a hostile mood for some, but, its reason and opinion. Geez.

Demon's souls had it to, but it was more, just accessing each world. Not porting through, even though the arch stones had checkpoints to warp to. It still didn't seem as out of place there.

Sadly, this thread is a bit derailed. I haven't been off work yet to go talk to people npc wise, i do wonder if more dialogue has changed since the dlc that nobody has found yet.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:23 pm

I can see the point of it breaking realism but I would disagree to some extent. Although I must admit both sides are equally valid. From a lore standpoint it's an extension of the dark sign. When you die your essence is tied to the last bonfire you visited and you go back there, minus a small part of yourself. Acquiring the Lordvessel just gives you the ability to control this to some degree. Instead of just activating upon death, you can activate it willingly and only for locations that have some inherent power that allows it (some don't make sense I admit).

I'm not trying to keep an argument going because this is one of those "opinion" things we always hear about. If you think it's wacky and don't like I'm completely ok with that. As most know I like to spit out ideas when I have them though so here it is.....

EDIT: Slake....I can imagine Skyrim without Fast Travel. Morrowind comes to mind immediately and I can say that it was a HUGE pain to do but worked only if you were pretty smart about things. For instance, the complex transit systems made up for a lot of it but you were pretty much stuck memorizing bus schedules essentially. Teleport spells worked wonders too and, if you're like me are sorely missed for the aspect of "let's go home and sell stuff (to Creeper) and warp right back to the dungeon to pick MORE TREASURE up."
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Hold on a mo' passivefamiliar. Just who do you think is being 'hostile'? I don't see any 'hostile' posts on this thread at all, apart from yours of course. And, whilst on the subject of threads, it was you who derailed it in the first place with your mention of warping. My original post concerned NPC's and conversing with same. I suggest you read my second post and subsequent posts from the other contributors through carefully before you start accusing people of being hostile.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 pm

If this stuff passes for hostile this forum is in great shape, actually.

On topic I have noticed no dialog changes.

On off-topic I agree that warping, especially now that you can warp just about anywhere, detracts a little from the experience. Though I still do it (usually) because it's so convenient! It wasn't so noticeable to me when there were just a few warp spots.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:49 am

Fight, fight! Seconds out... Round 1. lol

Yackety Yack Untitl10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am