Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RANT
Soris Ice Goldwing
The Letter X
Rifter7
8 posters

dueling at township... got good results?

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

dueling at township... got good results? Empty dueling at township... got good results?

Post by Rifter7 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 pm

i don't know.. everyones been complaining that theres a lot of bull going on there- but when i was hosting i found that if i was visible to them and i bowed as they where entering the world and unable to move they'd behave a little bit better.

i took my mom mask off too and put on a thief hood.. i really like the psycho grandma face but it seemed to net some different results too.

*was over the course of 20-30ish duels or more as i ended up with about 60 humanity starting from 30.

feels like the burg to me.. idk has anyone else had good results? maybe list what you're expecting too?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

dueling at township... got good results? Empty Re: dueling at township... got good results?

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:47 pm

The Township is my favorite place to host and invade now. It feels like the Burg before the DLC hit.

Edit: Actually, the Forest is my favorite place for PvP, but the Township is my favorite place for random duels.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

dueling at township... got good results? Empty Re: dueling at township... got good results?

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:01 pm

The township depends on whether you are hosting or invading with your build. As the invader for me some days were good and others were bad when I was a Darkwraith. Then when I became a Darkmoon the results were a little bit the same only with more wins. Though it does feel like the Burg a bit. Only thing I noticed was a lot were messages asking for Darkwraiths which to me think that there is a host who spawn camps with two phantoms.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:15 pm

i like hosting so i was gravelording last night and its just like the burg, most of them dex builds(bss, katanas and rapiers, nothing else) that had no poise and did nothing but try to roll bs me which didnt end well for me. after about 30 matches i only got about 5 really good matches which is kinda meh.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:18 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i like hosting so i was gravelording last night and its just like the burg, most of them dex builds(bss, katanas and rapiers, nothing else) that had no poise and did nothing but try to roll bs me which didnt end well for me. after about 30 matches i only got about 5 really good matches which is kinda meh.

Out of curiosity, how do you view Dex builds that don't roll-BS and have poise?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Then that would be me X if I got pissed off at some host for trying something annoying. Kill you quick and don't look back. I need to head back there now that I out a way to use my real weapon while keeping the fast roll again.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:i like hosting so i was gravelording last night and its just like the burg, most of them dex builds(bss, katanas and rapiers, nothing else) that had no poise and did nothing but try to roll bs me which didnt end well for me. after about 30 matches i only got about 5 really good matches which is kinda meh.

Out of curiosity, how do you view Dex builds that don't roll-BS and have poise?

i realy dont care if they do nothing but rol bs since its easy to counter but it gets reallyh boring. but nothing's better than fighting someone that really knows when to attack as oppose to just beign a one trick pony like roll bs'ers.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Then that would be me X if I got pissed off at some host for trying something annoying. Kill you quick and don't look back. I need to head back there now that I out a way to use my real weapon while keeping the fast roll again.

What is this real weapon you speak of?
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:37 pm

I have been invading there since the DLC dropped. I think it feels like the Burg too.

I have many great duels there. I'd say on average I get 60% of hosts waiting for a duel. Another 10%of questers, and 30% gank squad and/or dark magic spammers....

....not too bad at all in my opinion.

In fact I like it there so much I am currently making a build to host there, which I haven't tried in a while.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:41 pm

It's a fire katana I used before the recent patch. I stopped using it because I couldn't use the fast again, until me, Tiny, and a friend of his were in the forest last night. Turns out if I switch out my gaunlets I could use it again.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:44 pm

I see. We'll have to duel again when we get the chance.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Perhaps, Tiny gave me a +15 regular one because he said it does better agianst resistance but I need to test that out. I did kill two guys with it again so I'm not rusty with it.
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:37 am

When I'm hosting there, it really depends on the day. Some days i get good duels like 90% of the time, and others only like 5%.
    Something I did noticed is that most of the cowards that run to the mobs or the stairs are dark magic users that try to find a safe place to cast pursuers and than they run at you and spam dark bead and run to heal themselves every 10 seconds Look Skyward
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:13 am

I was 118 and had hits on my red soap sign almost contantaly in township for about 8 hours off an on the other day (weekday).

85% were quality fights (I lost them all, but I love bad builds too much to change).
    It seemed like mostof the people willing to summon an invader were looking for a good 1 on 1 dual.

The other 15% were:
    3 on one with TWOP as soon as I entered (If only then knew they could have beat me with the broken shorsword... they could have saved the magic cast).

Or

2 on one WOG spaming as soon as I entered.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:29 am

Township has huge amount of a**holes in there, but the invasions, both hosting and invading are so constant that you are bound to find good duels too.
    I'm having slight troubles of finding people of my own level though (100)...so many players there who are just lvl 200 ---> also more dark moons invading than dark wraiths, which is always a bad sign.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 am