Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
retro
Guju888
6 posters

New contents on the Ps3 Prepare to Die edition

Guju888
    Guju888

New contents on the Ps3 Prepare to Die edition Empty New contents on the Ps3 Prepare to Die edition

Post by Guju888 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:49 am

Hi Everyone!

I just joined this forum about probably one of the best games I ever played In my life. I followed all the discussions going on here around for a while and I found lots of useful advices that helped me to definitely boost up my Dark Souls Experience.
    I decided to post this because I have a huge problem I'm not able to solve, and maybe someone more experienced than me can give me a hand.
    I bought the recent "Prepare to die" version (PS3) of the game in November, I finished the game once just a couple of days ago with my magnificent str/res build level 106 character big grin using mostly ultra Great swords or Great swords.

Ok... sorry stop digressing, the problem: I'm not able to find the new locations, contents and stuff like those that I've seen mentioned around the web and even on the game box...am I doing something wrong? Is there something special I have to go or do to unlock these contents? Please someone help me! I hear Artoria Of the Abyss calling me, I have to teach him a Lesson he wont forget!
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New contents on the Ps3 Prepare to Die edition Empty Re: New contents on the Ps3 Prepare to Die edition

Post by retro Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:52 am

-There is a new Golem in The Duke's Archives, in the room after the first elevator at the very beginning. Kill it to retrieve the necessary item to access the DLC.
    -Go to the Darkroot Basin, in the cave behind the hydra.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New contents on the Ps3 Prepare to Die edition Empty Re: New contents on the Ps3 Prepare to Die edition

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 am

You need to rescue Dusk of Oolacile in the Darkroot area with the Hydra, say "Yes" to keep her around. Then head to the Duke's Archives after placing the Lordvessel and kill that golem to the right after the first elevator, it will drop a broken pendant.

Once you have this pendant, return to where you saved Dusk in that Gold Golem and there will be a dark...thing. Go touch this thing and SHLURP! You're there.
    Guju888
    Guju888

Post by Guju888 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks guys! Too bad I have now finished the game and I have to get there in NG+. But in 4 hours I got again to Blighttown and I will possibly ring the second bell again soon... What a game I will die and die and die once more until I will reach Dusk of Oolacile then... Proper Bow
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:21 am

my magnificent str/res build level 106 character

Lol, did you actually level up resistance ?
    Guju888
    Guju888

Post by Guju888 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:25 am

well... a bit, but sorry, my mistake, I meant Str/End. I have 46 strength and 40 endurance and only 25 resistance... happy
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 am

Guju888 wrote:well... a bit, but sorry, my mistake, I meant Str/End. I have 46 strength and 40 endurance and only 25 resistance... happy
    "Only" 25 resistance....that's about 20 too much happy

For future builds.....don't level up resistance, it's useless.
    Guju888
    Guju888

Post by Guju888 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:01 am

You are right :oops: ...unfortunately I got that too late, If only I would have spent those points in Vitality or more Strength happy... which kind of character are you playing with?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am

Don't worry about leveling up resistance. Your first character and playthrough should be about experimenting and trying different things. And you noticed yourself resistance is useless. Souls games are very much about trial and error. Leave the minmaxing for future playthroughs when you want to try something specific.

As a sidenote, i wouldn't level up str past 40, unless you really want to be able to onehand all weapons happy
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 am

what fin said. you should level str to 50 and use havel's shield if youre a tank, its the best greatshield in the game, try the demon great machete, its pretty awesome.
    Guju888
    Guju888

Post by Guju888 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:40 am

I guess I will stop at 50, I'm trying to onehand the Dragon Greatsword, I love the roughness of that weapon. I tried to purchase a Demon Great Machete from Shiva of the East in Blighttown, but I got attached by a crazy Pyromancer from the back, long story short they both ended up dead. Evil Fex
    I guess I will try again now on NG+. Give something huge and unmanageable and I will swing it until death Hurrah
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am

the capra demons drop them, just kill a couple and you should get a ddrop from one them.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Guju888 wrote:You are right :oops: ...unfortunately I got that too late, If only I would have spent those points in Vitality or more Strength happy... which kind of character are you playing with?
    I've made over 50 characters over the past year, and usually I make some form of Dex character, combined with some magic or pyromancy.

Guju888
    Guju888

Post by Guju888 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Wow...50, that's a lot! You should know this game inside out then...
    Btw I rang again the two bells in NG+, finished San's Fortress, but this time the Iron Golem is giving me an hard time...I'm very impatient of getting to the DLC contents and I'm rushing through. Rushing and Dark Souls are rarely going along together...
    Guju888
    Guju888

Post by Guju888 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 am

Jesus, Ornstein and Smough on NG+ are really aggressive, I tried this battle 20 times already with no success...damn!
    Guju888
    Guju888

Post by Guju888 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Done Guys! I managed to access the DLC finally... The Sanctuary Guardian was pretty easy, I won the battle at the first try, and now I'm finally wondering around the Royal Wood looking for new adventures, thanks a lot again for the help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 pm