Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
GrinTwist
mugenis4real
bunnywink
Serious_Much
Tomhet
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
LordRevan
Zakkia
ChizFreak
PlasticandRage
Jester's Tears
16 posters

The Hobbit.

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The Hobbit. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit.

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 am

I was going to watch the 3d version, but i ended up not doing so. I really like the fact that they decided to split it into 3 different movies. While i understand that it could possibly bother people as most seem to think they're just ''milking'' the franchise for money, which perhaps they are, i really just want it to be as long as it could possibly be and i'm glad i get to feel this excitement that i once felt, having to wait for each movie in the original trilogy.

You know that feeling you get from playing Dark Souls for the first time? The feeling that has been repeatedly mention here on the forums, the feeling that everyone wants to feel again. That's how i feel about this excitement and longing for the movies, and i love it!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:05 am

I know what you're saying when it comes to the 'milking' thing. That was what I first thought when I heard about it being split up. Though after seeing the movie I don't mind as much any more, since the first part was done really well I'm looking forward to seeing the others too.

The only thing that worries me that just came to mind, is the white orc that takes place as the main antagonist in the first part might distract from the fact that Smaug is the actual antagonist of the Hobbit story. Not to forget about that other problem that Gandalf ran across in the film.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:34 am

Just want to point out so we're clear, i did not say they're actually milking the franchise, but that it's something that others have repeatedly told me. tongue

I could understand the worry, but the way i see it, Azog is a good way to add an emotional experience to the journey. It gives the chance for a good story as they make their way towards Erebor rather than just endless walking and fighting.

Then again i haven't read the books, so i don't know for sure what would have happened, had they not changed some of the story.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 am

I find it somewhat funny that Martin Freeman, an actor I know mostly as Watson from BBC's Sherlock series, plays Bilbo...While Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock in the same series, voices both the Necromancer and Smaug. silly

I personally really liked the film. It was a horrible experience when I watched it in 3D the first time, but I've been told our theatre apparently has sucky 3D so maybe that was it. Re-watched it in 2D, and it felt like a different and superior film all around lol.

As for it being split into three parts...I think the second film will handle everything up to Smaug's defeat, while the third will most likely focus on the journey home+the Necromancer. IIRC, the Necromancer was barely in the book at all, but it looks like Peter Jackson intends to include the whole Necromancer saga in the Hobbit trilogy. (And I can't say I'm complaining)
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Rarayn wrote:I find it somewhat funny that Martin Freeman, an actor I know mostly as Watson from BBC's Sherlock series, plays Bilbo...While Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock in the same series, voices both the Necromancer and Smaug. silly

I personally really liked the film. It was a horrible experience when I watched it in 3D the first time, but I've been told our theatre apparently has sucky 3D so maybe that was it. Re-watched it in 2D, and it felt like a different and superior film all around lol.

As for it being split into three parts...I think the second film will handle everything up to Smaug's defeat, while the third will most likely focus on the journey home+the Necromancer. IIRC, the Necromancer was barely in the book at all, but it looks like Peter Jackson intends to include the whole Necromancer saga in the Hobbit trilogy. (And I can't say I'm complaining)

I agree that the second movie will probably be centered around sSmaug (don't forge the lovely bit with Mirkwood). I think the third will cover the war for the most part, and then go into a return home with the revealing of the Necromancer as Sauron for a sort of build up to the Lord of the Rings.

Oh and the second movie is called "The Desolation of Smaug" and the third is called "There and Back Again".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm