Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Zakkia
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Madara
8 posters

This is what pretending to know what...

Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

This is what pretending to know what... Empty This is what pretending to know what...

Post by Madara Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 pm

...you are talking about looks like;
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/12/12/rewind-theater-dark-souls-ii-trailer

They were doing alright at the start but the it crushed burned and caused Chernobyl. These people don't have any understanding of what they are talking about and making references to the worst things. IGN should hire Epicnamebro to take the job off their hands because he could take them to school.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

This is what pretending to know what... Empty Re: This is what pretending to know what...

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Why pay through the roof for ENB when they could just hire me? I could take those fools to school.

Just kidding, ENB probably wouldn't cost all that much to be honest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

This is what pretending to know what... Empty Re: This is what pretending to know what...

Post by Tolvo Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:35 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Why pay through the roof for ENB when they could just hire me? I could take those fools to school.

Just kidding, ENB probably wouldn't cost all that much to be honest.

I don't think he'd take such a job. Why would he want to lose credibility?
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Being honest any half decent lore head on this forum could take the IGN staff to school. IGN don't know all that much about games to be honest, they know the monetary value of game thats it. Gaming media has become so damn bad.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:43 pm

IGN reminds me of a Disney theme park, big, loud, colorful, and eye-catching, but soulless.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:50 pm

I use gamespot mostly for game ratings about games i have not heard about. However, i usually do my own judgement on games if i have heard of them, such as ive played morrowind, and oblivion, so ill prob play skyrim. same with dks2. I despise IGN silly, its almost as bad as G4 game ratings haha. Just joking, but thats my primary site.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 pm

I actually saw that on youtube in my sub box..thing. I didn't even think twice about watching it, knowing how idiodic (Spelling?) they are.

The only reason I subbed to them was to know about games I might like that're coming out but..that event has yet to happen so I might just unsub lol.

I fail to see how that girl looks like she's from Final Fantasy o.O. Her outfit, hair color, and features looks pretty 'normal' for a Souls game.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Its perhaps because in a trailer, its an actual attractive girl. lol jokes. But seriously, it is new, we havent really had any emotion connected to our character with an NPC or anything. Usually its lone wolf style, new perspectives open new doors. Shrug
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:32 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:IGN reminds me of a Disney theme park, big, loud, colorful, and eye-catching, but soulless.
    I resent this comparison. Disneyland has soul
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 am

This is the reason Call of Duty is one of the most popular franchises: Freakin' meatheads like these two. IGN has, for a long time if not always, been a very horrid place to go to for gaming needs. Now listening to these two, it's quite apparent they they don't know anything about games except what's popular.

Their comparisons and speculation are empty and not backed with any lore at all. Especially that part about the protagonist "protecting the dragons." Yes, he's going to protect the dragons from those masked (assassin) characters, just so he can raise his own sword to the beast, because that happens. Come on IGN, stop embarrassing yourselves and go back to doing what you do best: hauling garbage to the mass of "gamers" who don't know a decent game when they see one.

Sorry, got a little heated, but I really just don't like IGN. They tear down good or even decent games so they can praise the popular titles and get credibility from half-wit CoD drones (not to say there's anything wrong with liking CoD, but if that's all you like and you're willing to shun other games without trying them, something's wrong with you.)
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:53 am

Elite Knight wrote:This is the reason Call of Duty is one of the most popular franchises: Freakin' meatheads like these two. IGN has, for a long time if not always, been a very horrid place to go to for gaming needs. Now listening to these two, it's quite apparent they they don't know anything about games except what's popular.

Their comparisons and speculation are empty and not backed with any lore at all. Especially that part about the protagonist "protecting the dragons." Yes, he's going to protect the dragons from those masked (assassin) characters, just so he can raise his own sword to the beast, because that happens. Come on IGN, stop embarrassing yourselves and go back to doing what you do best: hauling garbage to the mass of "gamers" who don't know a decent game when they see one.

Sorry, got a little heated, but I really just don't like IGN. They tear down good or even decent games so they can praise the popular titles and get credibility from half-wit CoD drones (not to say there's anything wrong with liking CoD, but if that's all you like and you're willing to shun other games without trying them, something's wrong with you.)
    I completely agree with you. They have no true opinion on games. They are like me when i was in college. I pretended to know what i was talking about ripped a few things off the net and glided by but being honest that isn't how it should be done. they mentioned the crystal guy in Sens Fortress, and the only mention of it was on Epicnamebro's page in a comment. That's as far as their research goes, it's infuriating to think they are being paid for a job that people like ourselves can only dream of.
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:15 am

Aw hell no. I still remember the rewind theaters for the Oolacile DLC trailer and the original DkS...

Why don't they get someone who actually knows stuff about the Souls games. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Soulless money-grubbing ***** ******* **** ******* ******** *********

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:32 am