Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Halicarnassis
Sentiel
OrnsteinFanBoy
CaligoIllioneus
DoughGuy
Gazman0169
defacto
steveswede
12 posters

Level rage of spirit of vengeance

steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Level rage of spirit of vengeance  Empty Level rage of spirit of vengeance

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:52 am

I was running through dark root basin to dark root garden when I got invaded by a spirit of vengeance player. Thing is I'm a level 2 while the person who invaded me casts pursuers, what's cracking off here. I get the idea of darkwraiths invading people's worlds with the host having far greater stat investment than the invader, but the invader having a much higher level than the host? We're talking an invader with a minimum level of 20 invading a level 2.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Level rage of spirit of vengeance  Empty Re: Level rage of spirit of vengeance

Post by defacto Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 am

You were a bad man....
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:37 am

Were you playing on a PC or an Xbox?

If so the Invader most likely modded the game so that he/she could use this magic with a greatly reduced Int stat. They cheated in other words!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 am

DMs invade down. You obviously had sin and someone higher level invaded you.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 am

Morning Dough, of course there is no level restriction if the DMs used the covenant ring to Invade, the OP was just unlucky I guess. big grin
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 am

The blue eye orb also invades infinitely down as long as the target has enough sin.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 am

@Gazman0169

It was on PS3 so it wasn't a hacker.

CaligoIllioneus wrote:The blue eye orb also invades infinitely down as long as the target has enough sin.

Are you sure because I've had high level characters before and invaded far less than I would have with a low level character.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 am

^ The blue eye lets you invade down 10% plus 1 level for every indictment on the invadee. Not sure what the effect of regular PvE sin is on the level restrictions, I'm not sure there is any but that it just means that you can get invaded by DMs.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:01 am

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:^ The blue eye lets you invade down 10% plus 1 level for every indictment on the invadee. Not sure what the effect of regular PvE sin is on the level restrictions, I'm not sure there is any but that it just means that you can get invaded by DMs.
    This means that somebody was a very very bad boy. lol!
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 am

Dude I think you should be proud attracting the likes of such a hardened killer to your doorstep
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 am

Sentiel wrote:
    OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:^ The blue eye lets you invade down 10% plus 1 level for every indictment on the invadee. Not sure what the effect of regular PvE sin is on the level restrictions, I'm not sure there is any but that it just means that you can get invaded by DMs.
    This means that somebody was a very very bad boy. lol!

I'll have to admit I've been a bit of a bad boy in Sen's, trolling people with power within, black flame combo Level rage of spirit of vengeance  3358384175but that's a different character. I've just checked my sin on my level 2 and I have none so there must be a bug.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:23 am

Err... Are you talking about the Blue Spirit in the forest? Are you really sure that it was a DM Spirit Of Vengeance, but not the Alvina's servant? Forest guys have no level limitations for invasions, meaning that you can invade SL300 with your poor SL2, and vice versa. Forest guys cannot invade in the basin, but you know - you can jump down from the forest area and continue fighting in the basin.

Last edited by Veradox on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 am

Did you BB glitch them before the patch? The glitch plays havoc with your sin. And the DM invasion mechanic is 10% up or infinite down, no matter the sin. So you can get invaded at SL 2 by a SL 700 with 1 sin, its just super unlikely.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 am

Veradox wrote:Err... Are you talking about the Blue Spirit in the forest? Are you really sure that it was a DM Spirit Of Vengeance, but not the Alvina's servant? Forest guys have no level limitations for invasions, meaning that you can invade SL300 with your poor SL2, and vice versa.
    This is actually a common misconception that retro disproved. The cat ring acts like a red eye orb.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 am

Veradox wrote:Err... Are you talking about the Blue Spirit in the forest? Are you really sure that it was a DM Spirit Of Vengeance, but not the Alvina's servant? Forest guys have no level limitations for invasions, meaning that you can invade SL300 with your poor SL2, and vice versa.

Yes it was a DM spirit, the invader spawned outside the building where the titanite demon is.

Yeah and it's a BB glitch toon. I know you can carry sin over but I never expected to be invaded by someone that high at level 2.

Last edited by steveswede on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 am; edited 4 times in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:29 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14670-all-of-the-exact-level-ranges-matchmaking-formulas-for-the-multiplayer-items
    Here's a link that should answer all your questions about this. Apparently I was also partially wrong, as its not known if you need extra sin to get invaded by higher levels.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 am

Well, then I'm pretty much out of suggestions.

And regarding the misconception - it doe not really change anything super much, but thanks for the tip.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 am

DoughGuy wrote:And the DM invasion mechanic is 10% up or infinite down, no matter the sin. So you can get invaded at SL 2 by a SL 700 with 1 sin, its just super unlikely.

If this is true then DMs are even more broken than I thought
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm

steveswede wrote:

Yes it was a DM spirit, the invader spawned outside the building where the titanite demon is.

Yeah and it's a BB glitch toon. I know you can carry sin over but I never expected to be invaded by someone that high at level 2.

He just said it was a BB glitch character. So I think we can temper the "Darkmoon's are broken" complaints.

Steve, what has happened is your new character has inherited the sin of the previous character you copied. This is one of the beautiful unforeseen duties of the Darkmoons, to invade BB glitchers. This is the small price you pay for using the glitch.

Level rage of spirit of vengeance  3799246625
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Veradox wrote:Err... Are you talking about the Blue Spirit in the forest? Are you really sure that it was a DM Spirit Of Vengeance, but not the Alvina's servant? Forest guys have no level limitations for invasions, meaning that you can invade SL300 with your poor SL2, and vice versa. Forest guys cannot invade in the basin, but you know - you can jump down from the forest area and continue fighting in the basin.
    Actually, the forest does have level restrictions.

The Cat Covenant Ring has the same range as the Red Sign Soapstone. More on that in the link that DoughGuyy posted about my research on level ranges.

Last edited by retro on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Kerberos-013 wrote:
    steveswede wrote:

He just said it was a BB glitch character. So I think we can temper the "Darkmoon's are broken" complaints.

Steve, what has happened is your new character has inherited the sin of the previous character you copied. This is one of the beautiful unforeseen duties of the Darkmoons, to invade BB glitchers. This is the small price you pay for using the glitch.

Level rage of spirit of vengeance  3799246625

I know sin passes over BB glitched characters, what surprising to me is the fact a pursuers caster who needs to be a level 20 minimum invaded my level 2 character. And even though I defeated the SOV, I looked for myself in the book of guilty and I couldn't find my character there.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm

I don't really know about the sin requirements, and I also don't know much about what happens with sin on a bb glitched character (perhaps it carries over but doesn't show in the book?)...

but this shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Darkmoons have the ability to invade infinitely below their level, all the way down to level 1 (either with or without particular sin requirements). The Blue Eye Orb and Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring both have the same level ranges as well. happy
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 am

I would be willing to bet sin of your Darkwraith has carried to the new level 2 toon.

I also would like to say that even if I start a fresh legit character, I still get invadd by sl 50- whatever darkmoons at my base starting level. It starts in the undead burg where I am assuming they are looking for duels and end up getting me. I also have been indicted many, many times on other legit toons. So I'd venture to say as others before me have, that sin accrued is blanketed to any toon you have on your game regardless of the toon being glitched or not.

Side note, its super fun imo to fight these high level invaders. Especially when you win!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:27 pm