Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Thoughts regarding the trialer. Similarities to the original Dark Souls trailer.

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Thoughts regarding the trialer. Similarities to the original Dark Souls trailer. Empty Thoughts regarding the trialer. Similarities to the original Dark Souls trailer.

Post by Automancer Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:28 pm

This is not going to be an in-depth analysis but i just remembered some similarities to the original premier trailer for Dark Souls. At the time, i felt that the trailer was somehow different in it's presentation compared to Demon's Souls. Although there wasn't any voice-overs, it focused a lot on some characters, like Oscar, Tarkus and the Firelink keeper. Anf there were some tidbits on new gameplay mechanics like the plunging attack on the Taurus Demon.

To be honest, at the time i had mixed feeling regarding the sequel which i felt would be dumbed down too. In a way, it was but the game didn't lose the presence and atmosphere of the game, which was a huge relief. Given that the premier trailer of DkSII is only one of the first, i feel people shouldn't lose hope for the franchise just yet. I want to trust FROM to do it right.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Thoughts regarding the trialer. Similarities to the original Dark Souls trailer. Empty Re: Thoughts regarding the trialer. Similarities to the original Dark Souls trailer.

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 pm

The trailer for DkSII reminded me most of the opening trailer/cutscene thing from DeS. The Fluted Knight battling hordes of enemies, then getting slaughtered by the dragon god, where as in this one you get Mr. Fur Knight battling the men in masks and then getting scorched alive by a dragon, so I see a lot of similarities
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Thoughts regarding the trialer. Similarities to the original Dark Souls trailer. Empty Re: Thoughts regarding the trialer. Similarities to the original Dark Souls trailer.

Post by Djem Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Yes, I thought it was more resemblant of the DeS trailer than the DkS trailer too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 pm