Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

probably going to come back to dks pvp.

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

probably going to come back to dks pvp. Empty probably going to come back to dks pvp.

Post by Rifter7 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm

so i deleted all of my characters except a level 4 mule and have recently been making new ones with the dks dlc installed.

i had a level 70 claymore user i was leveling, but my god theyre just so slow, killing bosses is a challenge (if you're trying to avoid trading blows- i had 15 vit at the artorias fight.) unless i'm roll r1'ing or 1h r2'ing constantly.

so i made this guy
    http://mmdks.com/fqh
    iatio/gscythe and some pyros.
    basic stuff really.

hes at level 50 and im wondering does anyone here have some cool fc's going? maybe do team arenas? wouldn't mind sticking to some preset stuff..
    also does anyone have 3 slabs on a bbg character i can steal at sl 100?
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

probably going to come back to dks pvp. Empty Re: probably going to come back to dks pvp.

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm currently running an almost identical character at level 150, but the way you've optimized this guy, I think I'm going to steal this design (and modify it slightly) to take on the level 100 arena.

This is what I've come up with (Less health, slightly slower casting speed, more attunement slots, no housewife mask)

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=441513303251568850
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

probably going to come back to dks pvp. Empty Re: probably going to come back to dks pvp.

Post by Rifter7 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:23 pm

well i like the mask of the mother. i think it's freaking awesome that i have a deformed grandmas head, but then again all i listen to is the residents, primus and zappa so.. there ya go.

the dex is 45 for the fastest cast.. but i mean it's preference. all i need is gcf and gc.

i've used variants of this build for a very very long time.. but on the older ones i had no shield, just a pyros glove and fist parry... for weight but mostly because it looked sick and fist parrys throw people off a lot. also forced me to learn to dodge everything.

it'll be as good as you can make it be, there's not to much to really carry a player going on with it if that makes sense..
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 pm

oh well might as well add this too..

i have only gcf and gc on there because i combo the two. the stagger from gcf lava can lead to a gc, and that's why i have an iaito on there. it has by far the best 1h r2 out of every katana in the game for that situation, so you should be able to nail them with three separate attacks during that stagger animation.

the dex is 45 for the fastest gc, you don't want to let them see it coming right.

and if theyre parry happy just fight unlocked. should be doing that 50% of the fight anyways as your'll be roll r1 happy and swapping to the gscythe if you need to zone an area or do insta dash r1's.

an alternative to this is the cblade and lifehunt scythe for locking people into backstab bleedouts... but you lose the iaito's r2 and have some other fun pros and cons that get added in.
    but like yeah everything on that build aside from the wanders armor is for very specific, tried and true reasons. but good luck with your version of it!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 am

I would go with this one, menu swapping GS gives you tons of free equipload that you can trade for more HP, and you don't need that much End for kat. For the GS I recommend 30 End minimum so the build is perfect.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=153592256350475460
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:06 pm

i thought you quit the forums? whatever doesn't matter, when are you gonna get off crap effect and play some dks!

i prefer the gscythe on swap because im pretty bad at menu swapping and the best menu swapper in the world will probably still be unable to roll, swap to a gcsythe and then be holding dash to insta dash r1 out of it.

it's just how i use it tho, if that suites someones playstyle, good **** go for it... unless you where talking to artorias.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm

LMAO, I bought the whole trilogy. I'll play DkS if there's an FC or covenant event on a weekend. I'm at uni right now so I don't have that much time. Anyway you should practice menu swapping, only weapon I would equip as secondary is a bow/crossbow or cat/talisman for fast backup. Without DWGR equipload is a precious thing right now.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:19 pm

yeah im just kidding, i'm in no position to talk **** about crap effect
    http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Rifter7&platform=xbox

and yeah, i've practiced menu swapping, but there's just no way for me to menu swap as fast as i need for what i use the gscythe for.

maybe we can herd some cats and have some sl 100 duels at hell, but i don't know if i'll be sl 100 with upgraded gear by the time its the weekend.
    i guess i'll have a good excuse if we end up doing that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm