Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Can someone help? Its a technical problem.

jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

Can someone help? Its a technical problem. Empty Can someone help? Its a technical problem.

Post by jankenneth_10 Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:29 pm

So, heres what I did before I noticed something wrong.

I was playing Dark Souls, used that Homeward spell, then I was stuck at the loading screen. So I restarted the PS3, went to "Games" on the XMB, the disc icon for the game wasn't there. I waited for about 20 seconds then it appeared, and I played it. Again, the loading screen froze but much shorter than the last time, I was able to play for 2 more hours. Then I decided to turn it off for now because it was already getting hot.

10 hours later, I decided to play again, opened the PS3, went to "Games," then there it was, or there it wasn't. The disc icon is not appearing, I waited for like half an hour but it still did not show up.

Please tell me whats wrong, I do not want to buy a new PS3 and lose all my save data and progress, I haven't even got the Plat for my other games.

Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Can someone help? Its a technical problem. Empty Re: Can someone help? Its a technical problem.

Post by Uparkaam Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 am

Sounds like your PS3 might not be able to read blu-ray discs properly anymore. That's what happened to my old PS3. The disc icons didn't appear with blu-ray games and movies. But when I tried PS1 games and DVD movies, their icons appeared and they worked perfectly.
    If it's only the blu-ray thing that's broken, your save files should still be fine. It's just that you can't play them with that PS3. You could transfer them to another PS3 with PS+.

There is a way of fixing this problem. However, it might not work. Like it didn't work for me. But it's free, easy and it doesn't cause any harm if done right. You could at least try if it works for you.

Here's the link. Check the third reply by the user mattyg89. Just follow the instructions he listed there.
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/PS3-not-reading-Blu-Ray-Discs-but-wait/td-p/6265107
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Can someone help? Its a technical problem. Empty Re: Can someone help? Its a technical problem.

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 am

Uparkaam wrote:Sounds like your PS3 might not be able to read blu-ray discs properly anymore. That's what happened to my old PS3. The disc icons didn't appear with blu-ray games and movies. But when I tried PS1 games and DVD movies, their icons appeared and they worked perfectly.
    If it's only the blu-ray thing that's broken, your save files should still be fine. It's just that you can't play them with that PS3. You could transfer them to another PS3 with PS+.

There is a way of fixing this problem. However, it might not work. Like it didn't work for me. But it's free, easy and it doesn't cause any harm if done right. You could at least try if it works for you.

Here's the link. Check the third reply by the user mattyg89. Just follow the instructions he listed there.
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/PS3-not-reading-Blu-Ray-Discs-but-wait/td-p/6265107

My friend used that technique, and it worked, so it's probably your best bet. You could also consider flushing the PS3 using the factory clean to ensure dust isn't a factor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 am