Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
eminusx
Tomhet
defacto
raecor14
Major_kenny
tinypantha
Tolvo
BIG TIME MASTER
Onion Knight
johnnyjwa
Spurgun
User
Repto
rety
ublug
Yukon
Forcefed
21 posters

Early Dark Souls 2 lore

Major_kenny
    Major_kenny
    Regular
    Regular

Early Dark Souls 2 lore - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Dark Souls 2 lore

Post by Major_kenny Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:46 pm

yes but I don't know why, it feels different. what I'm saying is that there were no major signs of destruction like oolacile was, ash lake turned into ashed, blightown.

not many demons, which probably means there is NO bed of chaos at that time.

I dont know, it's just my opinion. Personally I think it would be awesome to participate in the same war Gwin, Nito, Seath and the Witch and her daughters were. Maybe you could even be the furtive pigmey I don't know...

Last edited by Major_kenny on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Hm... give it time.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:44 am

i read on Kotiku (or however that it is spelled) that its set in an entirely new UNIVERSE to me that word means it has nothing to do with lordran in any way at all ever (or at least until we discover that it is really lordran 1000000 years in the future or something). if it has ANYTHING to do with dark souls i kind of hope it links bolotaria and lordran together but thats.....unlikely. i do however think its going to be its own game and that its only dubbed "dark souls 2" because the game has a GREAT name worldwide and they shouldn't just give that up because of story (because lets gave it dark souls and demons souls have more in common than most direct sequels)
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

raecor14 wrote:i read on Kotiku (or however that it is spelled) that its set in an entirely new UNIVERSE to me that word means it has nothing to do with lordran in any way at all ever (or at least until we discover that it is really lordran 1000000 years in the future or something). if it has ANYTHING to do with dark souls i kind of hope it links bolotaria and lordran together but thats.....unlikely. i do however think its going to be its own game and that its only dubbed "dark souls 2" because the game has a GREAT name worldwide and they shouldn't just give that up because of story (because lets gave it dark souls and demons souls have more in common than most direct sequels)

The voiceover says:

"You are of the undead. Forever without hope. Forever without light."

If this takes place in another universe I'll eat my hat. Probably just mistranslated.

Also if the chosen undead didn't light the bonfire it doesn't mean the fire would go out right then and there. It could be a while before the fire finally fades.

But about the woman, how would a romantic interest even work in the Souls Series? Are they going to add dialogue option and sex scenes like in Dragon Age? I think not. (Well I hope not, lol).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 am

So, who is going to play a paragon Undead? I might dabble in renegade.

Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 am

Oh how I hope that's not a romantic interest.

One thing bothered me. The undead is carrying a torch. A torch. I don't want torches, I want bonfires and sunlight maggots sad
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8VIX6j1KnQ

at 1:06 and 1:12 you can see markings on the enemies shoulder pauldron and on the back of its Helmet, like engravings of some sort. . .

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:06 am

The presence of dragons to me doesn't mean anything, there dragons after gwyn lot the flame and there will continue to be so.

But there are two options, you are the undead without light.. The flame has extinguished and it is the dark lords era, or it is the time before the lords souls, before the flame, which could be interesting as your character could have a role in their creation or transfer etc
    Eisen
    Eisen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Eisen Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 am

LONG POST INCOMING

My understanding of the trailer right now:
    "...forever without light." This suggests that at least a part of the game is set after the events of the first game, focusing on the Dark Lord ending. What about linking the fire? Well, remember that linking the fire would only delay the end of the Age of fire and perhaps there was no other undead powerful enough to get there after you. Looking back at the first game, most "powerful" undead have either gone hollow or didn't show any interest in prolonging the Age of fire.

The setting is obviously Lordran, although the Painted world of Ariamis appears to play a major role in the story. My theory would be that you start in the present, in the Age of Man - without light (fire). Most images where you carry a torch appear to be from present. The dragon skeleton found "somewhere", the area, which looks like Depths or Blighttown, what looks like Catacombs and so on. It seems that you come to Lordran from "somewhere", you don't just start there. The girl in the trailer may be your companion, who leads you there and tells you what to do or you just meet her there. About that later. So yeah, you're in the present, and in order to do whatever you need to do you must travel to the Painted world of Ariamis. Whether you use it as a time machine to get to the past is unclear. You certainly encounter the dragon, skeleton of which you've seen earlier on and it appears, that you encounter it in the Painted world.
    A thing that is slightly confusing to me is - are all the snowy parts from the Painted world, or is the snow naturally occurring in Lordran, for the lack of fire?

Okay, now for the specific NPCs. The girl appearing in the trailer. My immediate thought when I first saw the trailer was "Daughter of Chaos!". Of all the female NPCs in the first game, her face reminds me of Quelaag the most. Might just be the art style though. The only thing (from my perspective) that goes against this theory is her clothes. If you pause the trailer right as the dragon flies by the main character and her, you can see that she's wearing a traveling mantle kind of thing and her actual clothes look kind of aristocratic. Dark base color with white sleeves and what appears to be a white collar. A popular theory is that she's Velka. The feather she gives you, however, looks more like an eagle feather, rather than something from a crow or a raven. It might be related to the bird you see at the very beginning of the trailer. Whether the feather is a lucky amulet she gives you or it fulfills some traveling role (i.e. summon the bird to fly to the "lobby" location) is unclear.

The dragon. The dragon is highly reminiscent of Kalameet. No glowing eye though and not as dark = not Kalameet, so I assume it's a dragon of the same kind, possibly related to Kalameet. My theory as to how you find him and how he dies: You go to the painted world, you encounter him, you go to the past, he goes with you, you kill him in the past, you find his bones in the future. Another option is that there's past and present Painted world but the basic idea remains.

The masked warriors. Their mask remind me of the crystalline masks. They might either be the generic enemy you fight throughout the whole game, like the hollows and undead soldiers/warriors in DS, or they might be some guardians of something. The one walking slowly in the rain appears to have some symbol on his pauldron, which suggests that he's like a warrior/assassin of "someone" or "something". For a while I even thought of the followers of the occult but there's not enough information about it in the first place.
    Forcefed
    Forcefed
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Forcefed Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:03 am

@Eisen,

Pretty good analyzing of the trailer!
    But I think we are being introduced a whole new party of Lordran or some other area of the universe.
    Just because Painted world reminded some of the areas on the trailer, I don't like to think that it is involved as much as in your guessings!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:15 am

The biggest fall down in the theory is that Ariamis isn't really a proper place, it was a magical prison world created to trap priscilla..

I like a lot of your analysis, but sadly specifics can't be reached from 2 mins of footage, we just don't know enough frankly
    Eisen
    Eisen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Eisen Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:30 am

I'm aware that it may not be the Painted world but the association is strong because it was the only snowy area in DS + the bridge seen in the trailer. As I mentioned, it may be Lordran without fire, or a completely new area. Because of the way the main character's armor looks it suggests he either comes from a cold area or the game will mainly consist of cold areas - again, fire-less Lordran comes to mind.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 am

Did anyone notice the trailer characters armor/style? It looked very much like Gwyn's: fur collar, long skirt, one sword. Maybe it's a prequel and Gwyn is around. I think there may be some muddled lore conflicts between 1 and 2 incoming silly
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 am

Half expecting the woman to be Velka.

- Beautiful like a raven
    - Dressed in black
    - Gives the knight a feather
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 pm

I would go neutral in the road of the undead. Good and Evil paths in games I have found to become more and more a bore... Let's add some sprinkles and decay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 am