Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Wilkinson3424
Doctor Snuggles
PlasticandRage
KrazykevS10
Comrade Sparkle
A Fierce Plankton
Latitoast
Dubscythe
seelyon
User1
WaLKA
drmuto
ViralEnsign_
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Slarg232
jankenneth_10
DarkHunch
Infighter
TheRedYoshi
Carphil
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Rudmed
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
JohnnyHarpoon
Tolvo
Emergence
Uparkaam
Reaperfan
Serious_Much
Whknight
Scudman_Slayer
41 posters

League of Legends

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

League of Legends - Page 26 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by dancash1808 Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Vayne isnt hard to fight as long as you keep your brain on. shes a pain to escape but just dont stand near walls and dont 1v1 (unless assassin)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:34 am

Must....get....awesome.....Anivia.....skin.....
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:50 am

So what do you guys think about the recent reworks, new ARAM map, and state of the meta right now?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:01 pm

New map is very well made imo, much better than the old one. But, sometimes I suffer with lag because of the snow falling and wind and stuff. Not much to complain

Finally a decent trundle skin!

Sejuani is the same thing? with abilities changes

Will buy and try the ice witch later.

And Anivia free again! Time to screw around with her OPness

Edit: they nerfed Morde and Katarina by reducing the amount of health potions to 5?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Woo, more Ice stuff, never saw this before.

Also, I liked old Trundle more.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Everyone liked the old trundle more.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 am

League of Legends - Page 26 Aramz11

ARAM is treating me well so far.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Nice man.

Get fed. get deleted. welcome to soloque. got 12 mejais stacks but my team didnt like peeling and kassadin plus WW...
    League of Legends - Page 26 Cannot10

honorable mention to cho for being the only member of the team not flaming. and all the hate for that quinn adc ;-; fed my bloody kassa. (and was level 6 when varus was 10)
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri May 03, 2013 9:02 pm

^danm, hate to see a bad Quinn

Tried her this week and found her to be quite interesting.

Basicly, against squishies, its a battle about who can combo faster, since both can do large amounts of burst damage

and against tanks, run, blind, slow and run lol.

Her ult is weird but can be useful sometimes, and you can get some nice mutikills with that mutiarrow shot
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat May 04, 2013 8:41 pm

She said she was a good quinn! I even banned caitlyn so she could play quinn!
    Bitter? what on earth makes you say that silly
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 07, 2013 5:20 pm

So, Trundle and Lissandra are RIDICULOUSLY OP, Yorick is hilarious, and Kha'Zix has abysmal laning phase against casters that specialize in zoning... Damn you Lux.

Trundle hits like a truck and the slow on his bite is unncessary and Lissandra hits harder than Trundle with fewer offensive stats. I played Yorick last night and was absolutely unkillable. With a Muramana, Spirit Visage, and Iceborn Gauntlet I successfully dove a tower 1v5, killed one of them, and got out with half HP. Little bit broken. I've recently gotten back into Kha'Zix as well, but he's so hard to play successfully before 6. He has no waveclear, terrible damage, a crappy engage/disengage, and no survivability. Once he hits 6 and gets tear he's nearly impossible to kill, and once he hits 11 he starts wrecking face in teamfights with resets on wings. I've also finally learned how to use his ult. It's not a gapcloser or an escape. It functions similarly to Vayne's Tumble. It gives you extra damage and stops you from getting focused in fights, which gives you free reign over their carries continued well-being.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Danm! everyone knows how to play yorick except me!

I always have a terrible early game and end up without damage or without tankiness late game sad

Or worse, finish all my matches: 0/0/30

Edit: went trundle jungle and made a pretty good score with him. Easy to learn in my opinion
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Summoner name is my username

I'm kinda trying to find out which Champion's I like and which ones I don't like.

Lux looks nice, right now I'm comfortable with Ashe and I have Master Yi but I haven't used him yet. Is he any good?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 pm

He can be played AD or AP, the first one wrecks everything late game while the other one has better survivability and burst damage

Personally I don't like him, but he can be quite powerful
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 07, 2013 7:43 pm

um

AD?

AP?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Attack Damage
    Ability Power.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed May 08, 2013 12:35 am

Latitoast wrote:um

AD?

AP?

Master Yi has two major playstyles:

The AD (Attack Damage) Carry who hits people fast and hard, using his two steroids (Make him hit faster and harder), his gap closer (Makes him invulnerable for a split second and brings him to enemies) and his heal (Gives him mega regen and a lot of armor for a few seconds) to keep him alive during a fight.

The AP (Ability Power) Yi turns his Gap Closer into a nuke that deals upwards of 700 damage to up to five targets, and turns one auto attack into an incredibly powerful hit. Only problem is, is that he HAS to get a kill with his initial combo to do it again, otherwise he's just dead weight.
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

Post by A Fierce Plankton Wed May 08, 2013 11:31 am

I started playing just 5 days ago after hearing so much about it (there is 8 people at my school who play it that I know about).Been doing great I think.I sucked at the start but I'm getting better already, probably thanks to the very skill and patience demanding Master Yi (Press R to kill) . In my first pvp match i did 10/2/2.
    People told me to use my head to play LOL, I guess I'm above average then, I only need my forehead.
    But I think I'll go with a more refined and balanced character now. Darius maybe?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am

Haha, you seem to have a thing for champions with a reset mechanic. Try Akali - she is good.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Oh no no no. If you want a TRUE test of your physical and intellectual might, the champion to play is Katarina.
    Comrade Sparkle
    Comrade Sparkle

Post by Comrade Sparkle Wed May 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Oh man. This thread...

I'm new to the forums, but I'll go ahead and chime in.

Summoner Name is Comrade Sparkle. Been playing League for two and a half years. Own 10 rune pages, most of the good runes, and 96 champs. I main Jungle and AD, scraping around the top side of Silver I at the moment. Whereas I am generally terrible at Dark Souls PvP, I am actually pretty good at League of Legends.

Feel free to add me if you play on the NA server. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll try to help as much as reading these forums and the wiki has helped me in DS.

Quarik wrote:Oh no no no. If you want a TRUE test of your physical and intellectual might, the champion to play is Katarina.

The most mechanically demanding champions are (in my opinion) Oriana, Vayne, and Zyra. They are also traditionally a Mid, AD, and Support respectively.

-Orianna has to be acutely aware of initiation opportunities, ball location, enemy positions and hp, as well as friendly positions and hp. She has a suite of offensive damage, initiating/peeling cc, and support buffs of Armor, MR, and HP (In shield form). Being aware of how to use your cool downs for maximum effect is hard.

-Vayne is the riskiest hard carry ADC, she has an average 550 range (Graves for reference has 525, Varus 575, Cait 650) and unlike almost every other AD Carry, she has nothing to help her outside of that range. Everything she has is based on her auto attack range. That is why she is considered the weakest ADC during laning phase, whereas Graves and Siver, both of whom outrange her, are considered strong laners and even lane-bullies. To make up for this, Vayne has 3 Damage increasing abilities, one of which is a %HP True Damage steroid on every third attack. The only AD Carry who can compete with her damage output is Kog'Maw, who has similar problems but on the other end of the spectrum.

-Zyra, other's might disagree with this, but I find that accurate and effective comboing her abilties is tricky. All of her abilities are skill shots and they all work together. After all of her nerfs post-release she has cannot afford to waste seed cooldowns or mess any of her spells up. While supporting she has probably the best combination of CC, Burst, and Poke now that Taric has been nerfed as well.

In the end, though, League of Legends is not the most mechanically demanding game. Dota (I and II) are much more difficult to play at a high level. Even Dark Souls, I'd argue, has more challenge than League due to abstract things like animation cancels, dead angles, and a 6 or 8 frame parry system. But this is about League, so I'll drop that line of thought happy
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 08, 2013 8:21 pm

^thanks for joining us. Feel free to post your experiences and share with us.

and welcome to the forums
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Comrade- I main Vayne in ranked, although I haven't played much of it. The pressure to perform is a bit annoying, and the average enemy player is better. Only real benefits are the e-peen and the satisfaction, actually. I'd agree that she's among the most difficult champions mechanically, but there are DEFINITELY harder champs to play effectively. Urgot, depending on the matchup, is insanely hard, and playing Kha'Zix well against a ranged mid early is damn near impossible.
    Comrade Sparkle
    Comrade Sparkle

Post by Comrade Sparkle Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Quarik wrote:Comrade- I main Vayne in ranked, although I haven't played much of it. The pressure to perform is a bit annoying, and the average enemy player is better. Only real benefits are the e-peen and the satisfaction, actually. I'd agree that she's among the most difficult champions mechanically, but there are DEFINITELY harder champs to play effectively. Urgot, depending on the matchup, is insanely hard, and playing Kha'Zix well against a ranged mid early is damn near impossible.

Vayne is an unforgiving champion to play, she isn't necessarily the hardest to play so much as any small mistake you make is very punishing. In solo queue she isn't super strong at low elo because no one focuses on peeling and every one plays assassins, and in high elo she is hard to play because there are a lot of champs that shut her down like malphite--and any ad carry in lane with either A) A longer auto attack range, or B) better poke ((that's just about everyone that goes bot lane)) Vayne has almost no lane presence, so she just relies on her support to provide it, and she can do some brutal damage following a Blitz Grab or Alistar Pulv>Headbutt. (Probably not in position to follow a headbutt>pulv nearly as well).

Urgot is not mechanically demanding. He has 2 skill shots, one of which makes the other a lock-on. He is not so much hard to play, as he is weak in the current iteration of the game. Back in season 1 Urgot went from never-being played to being one of the most feared mid lane champs in the game, and he has since been nerfed into obscurity. He doesn't scale well into late game because he has no steroid, and does not benefit from crit. This means that he has to use his level advantage to do well, and he lost that when ad carries were exclusively put bot. He was played a bit in season 2 when urgot/aniva was a brutal comp. He is not terrible in certain team compositions, but these positions have fallen out of favor. In the end Urgot is a lane bully, and now suffers a lot in lane, thus he is not played very much.

Kha'Zix isn't that hard to play against ranged people. He has problems with poke that goes through minions, and snares. I believe I read earlier that Lux was thrown out to support this. Lux does well vs any assassin that leaps--or to put it differently, actually travels to gap close. Champions like Talon do well against her by comparison because his gap close is an instant cast blink, the short silence just makes his going in harder to interrupt. Kha'Zix, however, can be a very effective and safe lane if he gets blue and/or Tear of the Goddess and farms from a safe distance with Spikes. Once you get Tear+Brut you can insta gib the back line, kill the rest with Q (Which has a longer range than your auto attack) and then roam once you hit 11. A lot of people like abusing Kha's lvl 1, and used to go for Red Elixer start and were very aggressive. The problem with this is that it is a very narrow window, lvl 1 and maybe lvl 2 he can do very well 1 on 1 and do a lot of burst damage. Once you get beyond that though he can't afford to be as commital and starts to get zoned. People who still play Kha play him because he is a safe mid who has amazing snowball potential, and even if he doesn't once you hit 11 and have not-terrible items, you can always come back. Can't keep a good bug down.

What I mean when I say a champion is mechanically demanding, is that the margin of error in using the abilities is high. Oriana has to balance initiating, supporting, and nuking in a team fight, all while keeping track of the ball and how best to dish out her skills. Vayne, while not having the most difficult kit as far as skillshots, and such go, she is depends on doding abiltiies and juking with her ult, as well as staying safe despite her short range. This is mechanically demanding. Zyra has to combo 4 skill shot abilities, and if you mistime them even by a few frames, you might not get the right combo of plants, or you might not sprout them at all.

Last edited by Comrade Sparkle on Wed May 08, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : small typo)
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 08, 2013 9:58 pm

I know what you meant by mechanically demanding, I was just throwing out the champs that are hard to play well due to other reasons. Urgot because of his **** attack range and lack of escape, and Kha due to his slightly crap laning. Nasus could be considered the same, and he's insanely easy to play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:36 pm