Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
reim0027
Odinbear
Automancer
callipygias
raecor14
9 posters

are they going to fix the DLC (PS3)

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

are they going to fix the DLC (PS3) Empty are they going to fix the DLC (PS3)

Post by raecor14 Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:05 pm

dose form plan on fixing the glitch or should i just leave the DLC?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

are they going to fix the DLC (PS3) Empty Re: are they going to fix the DLC (PS3)

Post by callipygias Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm sure they're going to fix it, especially since PS3 accounts for such an overwhelming % of their sales (according to the wiki, anyway). Sounds like they have a patch in the works, but maybe it isn't quite ready yet. Gotta be frustrating for all you PS3 guys.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

are they going to fix the DLC (PS3) Empty Re: are they going to fix the DLC (PS3)

Post by Automancer Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Releasing the next patch is going to set back From by a lot. It was kind of unexpected though. Hopefully, they can see it through.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Fixing bugs is part of software and game development.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 am

Personally, I'll wait a bit longer, if it means they are doing it right, not some rushed job.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:22 am

reim0027 wrote:Personally, I'll wait a bit longer, if it means they are doing it right, not some rushed job.

Doing it right, woulda been catching' this PS3 bug, PRIOR to releasing the DLC. It's not like the PS3 is some obscure gaming console. And doing it right and proper would have been to release the DLC as part of the original game as it was clearly designed at the same time.
    Now... I'm not bashin FROM, I'm just sayin'...
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:26 am

What glitch? What's the problem?

I downloaded it within the first few days, played through most of it and killed Artorias and Manus etc.

I didn't go back through the level to fight Ciaran and check out the arena yet or whatever but was planning on doing that soon.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 am

The problem is a visual glitch when playing online in the DLC areas. Search for other recent threads regarding this issue.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:34 am

Really? I never noticed it.

I summoned several times and was invaded in front of Artorias's fog gate. I'm always online.

Was there a visual glitch from the start? Maybe I need my eyes tested.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am

the DLC worked perfectly for the first 2 weeks, or something like that, then it all just went to pot for some unknown reason. if you went back to the DLC, and you're on PS3, you will notice the glitch right away. i hope you don't epilepsy,
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 pm

lol Ah that explains it then.

I bought it straight away, played only for a few days and haven't been back since. I guess I won't bother with it now until it's been fixed.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:08 pm

DMC wrote:What glitch? What's the problem?

I downloaded it within the first few days, played through most of it and killed Artorias and Manus etc.

I didn't go back through the level to fight Ciaran and check out the arena yet or whatever but was planning on doing that soon.

Hmmm, maybe it's triggered by the arena? Dunno it started for me in OT. And everyone else I think. For me it was after I went to the arena. Visual flickering Glitch and no resonance rings anymore are the symptoms.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Odinbear wrote:

Hmmm, maybe it's triggered by the arena? Dunno it started for me in OT. And everyone else I think. For me it was after I went to the arena. Visual flickering Glitch and no resonance rings anymore are the symptoms.

i didn't get around to the DLC until after people starting noticing the glitch. it affected my game upon my very first visit to the new area, the flickering started immediately upon kindling the very first bonfire just before the sanctuary guardian. i tried playing through it, i actually made it all the way to the chasm. but by that point i just couldn't take it any longer and i haven't been back.

i'm suffering from buyers remorse on this one, i can't help but feel a little burnt. at the same time, i'm thinking that this is PSN's fault and not FROM's.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:

i didn't get around to the DLC until after people starting noticing the glitch. it affected my game upon my very first visit to the new area, the flickering started immediately upon kindling the very first bonfire just before the sanctuary guardian. i tried playing through it, i actually made it all the way to the chasm. but by that point i just couldn't take it any longer and i haven't been back.

i'm suffering from buyers remorse on this one, i can't help but feel a little burnt. at the same time, i'm thinking that this is PSN's fault and not FROM's.

With this info, could be PSN
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 pm

The flicker effect is still there, so it's not been fixed yet but it kind of adds to the fun. It's not a game breaker as far as I'm concerned but I don't know how it affects PvP.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:31 pm

It really affects spells. They flicker too. It also affects summon signs. And, bodies with items on them don't show up (the white orb that tells you there is an item on the body). Kinda important.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/16/namco-investigating-dark-souls-dlc-glitch.aspx?PageIndex=2
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Onion Knight wrote:http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/16/namco-investigating-dark-souls-dlc-glitch.aspx?PageIndex=2

Bout time?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:21 am

It's only there if you play online, so I admit it doesn't affect me that much, as I play mostly offline.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:37 am

I didn't meant to muddy the waters guys - if you read my subsequent posts you'll see that I haven't played the DLC since the first week or so of its release and apparently there was no glitch then so that's whay I wasn't aware of it.

I'll load it up tonight to see but I'm sure I'll experience the glitch just like everyeon else regardless of not having been to the arena etc.

FWIW I always play online.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 pm