Am I over leveled?

    Share
    avatar
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Am I over leveled?

    Post by johnnyjwa on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:59 pm

    Recently I have been getting a bunch of hate mail from people telling me I'm an "over leveled tryhard".

    I'm sl 231 in the township hosting and invading(darkwraith). Most of those points went to attunement (at 50) and endurance so I can wear the armor that I think looks the best and have the attunement for the spells I wanna use. I sometimes host in the forest as well but usually I just get hornet ringed to death so that's no fun.

    Normally I don't care about hate mail but I have had 5 separate people tell me this. I still get 400k+ souls from all the darkmoons that invade me so I think they are the over leveled ones not me.

    Is 120 still the pvp level? What are your thoughts on being higher than the average level for pvp and hosting?




    _________________
    Found my avatar in the "Monster" category. :shock:
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by RANT on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 pm

    dont pay attention to them the avarage sl's are 100,120 and 200. if you get invaded they know theyre invading up and should expect anything, good or bad.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 314
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-09-04
    Age : 26
    Location : Snuggly's nest, New Jersey

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by AzureCrow on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm

    I feel for you, invaders seem to forget the risk they take invading random worlds, they expect an easy kill and instead meet a player buffing a 40str /45dex murakumo with a 50 int CMW and swapping between a stone greatshield and Great lightning. (my Oolacile tank setup)

    But they're in YOUR world now, no one gets between me and watching sif jr tank mantus. Shrug
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by reim0027 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 am

    In what world are you over-leveled? They are upset they lost and taking it out on you. When I Darkwraith, I run into high SL often. If I lose, no big deal. But, when I take out a 400 SL host, it is awesome!

    Carry on. Maybe I'll invade you. twisted


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by callipygias on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

    Beating someone in the 400s (or 500s, 600s, whatever) isn't always as big a deal as people make out. It just generally means they'll take between 1 and 2 extra hits. I have a 458 who has 1830 vit, and usually about 350 phys def. I rarely get invaded by anyone below 120, and most 120s have around 1500 hp.

    True that I have super strong sorceries and spells, but I don't like to use them because I don't find using spells in PvP at all fun (Though I keep wrath equipped for healers and, ironically, Wrath spammers).

    On the other hand, if you beat a high level guy who is using Wrath and TWoP and VoS and/or casting Pursuers/Dark Bead and Turtling behind a greatshield with a SLB Pike, then yeah, bragging rights are yours. But basically, if you're the better player to the point you can hit me 1 or 2 more times than I hit you, you're gonna win.


    _________________
    XBL: callipygias33
    PSN: callipygias33


    "It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

    "Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

    "Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    avatar
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1213
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 24
    Location : NYC

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by mugenis4real on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 pm

    Their getting mad at you after invading your world? You must have whooped them really good.
    avatar
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by johnnyjwa on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:44 pm

    mugenis4real wrote:Their getting mad at you after invading your world? You must have whooped them really good.

    HAHA exactly!

    Oh and I could be one of those dudes with the buffed pike. But that's just way to tryhard for me. I use an unbuffed falchion most of the time! I still have my dignity!


    _________________
    Found my avatar in the "Monster" category. :shock:
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 pm

    Man, that's nonsense.

    Overlvd nothing!

    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 29
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:24 pm

    Eh, i have a SL200 and SL666 build. Nothing "wrong" with going higher lvl. I have to say, if you are SL200+ and just hosting and not invading at all then you are giving yourself a major advantage. Say you host in the Burg,kiln,moonpit,ext(any popular pvp spot) almost all the people invading you are going to be sl100-125ish. So you clearly have quite the advantage, but if you're new to pvp then there really isn't anything wrong with it(in fact it is a good way to get used to pvp). If you are getting enough wins for people to complain, maybe try invading or staying closer to the decided pvp lvls. If you are in the forest though(actual forest with alvina) it doesnt matter at all, a lot more people in the forest are max level due to the invasion ranges being very different.
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by GkMrBane on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

    Well 200 is kinda the high end for most builds since thats the limit for the arena and everthing else pass that is 201+.

    Imagine how they must feel invading my 626 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=315968374126188066 P.s the murakumo is totally beast with full stat scaling.

    Also I know logans is better by 10adj points I just cant use it cause everytime I go to seaths the catalyst disappears.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 892
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 40

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by Phoenix Rising on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:12 pm

    Overleveled??? I swear people make this **** up!


    _________________
    XBL: I Aim v Here I

    Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 29
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:16 pm

    I missed the part that said you were invading as a darkwraith lol. There is no way for you to be overleveled since it isnt possible for the person youre invading to be a lower sl then you.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by reim0027 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm

    IIRC, they can be up to 10% lower than you. But, 10% at 200 is meaningless.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by Juutas on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:46 am

    If you host on ridicilously high lvl on popular dueling area I think it's as bad as being dark moon and invading down. It's not fair if you're 100 lvls over your opponent. If someone invades you by accident, sure it's fair, but if you are there waiting for someone to invade you purposely, no.


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by GkMrBane on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:22 am

    Juutas wrote:If you host on ridicilously high lvl on popular dueling area I think it's as bad as being dark moon and invading down. It's not fair if you're 100 lvls over your opponent. If someone invades you by accident, sure it's fair, but if you are there waiting for someone to invade you purposely, no.

    Some one accused me of being over leveled at 626 when hosting

    my responce to him was Hey bro I switched to the same weapon class you were using and I didnt use any magic but if you want me to fight at full capacity I have plenty of weapon buffs and dark magic as well as a very long spear (pike) I can use. happy


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by Rynn on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:30 am

    No such thing as overleveled. Just level up and kick *** while taking names.
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by Juutas on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm

    GkMrBane wrote:
    Juutas wrote:If you host on ridicilously high lvl on popular dueling area I think it's as bad as being dark moon and invading down. It's not fair if you're 100 lvls over your opponent. If someone invades you by accident, sure it's fair, but if you are there waiting for someone to invade you purposely, no.

    Some one accused me of being over leveled at 626 when hosting

    my responce to him was Hey bro I switched to the same weapon class you were using and I didnt use any magic but if you want me to fight at full capacity I have plenty of weapon buffs and dark magic as well as a very long spear (pike) I can use. happy

    You still probably had better HP, poise and defences than your opponent and still could fast roll (or ninja flip to your liking) but still make the maximum damage with what ever weapon you choose.


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by johnnyjwa on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 pm

    FruitPunchNinja wrote:I missed the part that said you were invading as a darkwraith lol. There is no way for you to be overleveled since it isnt possible for the person youre invading to be a lower sl then you.

    Ya I use my red eye orb any chance I get, but sometimes I get stuck with a steady stream of invaders and don't get to invade myself. I know I could kill manus and not worry about invaders but I like how quickly I can get fights between invading and hosting.


    _________________
    Found my avatar in the "Monster" category. :shock:
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by GkMrBane on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm

    Juutas wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:
    Juutas wrote:If you host on ridicilously high lvl on popular dueling area I think it's as bad as being dark moon and invading down. It's not fair if you're 100 lvls over your opponent. If someone invades you by accident, sure it's fair, but if you are there waiting for someone to invade you purposely, no.

    Some one accused me of being over leveled at 626 when hosting

    my responce to him was Hey bro I switched to the same weapon class you were using and I didnt use any magic but if you want me to fight at full capacity I have plenty of weapon buffs and dark magic as well as a very long spear (pike) I can use. happy

    You still probably had better HP, poise and defences than your opponent and still could fast roll (or ninja flip to your liking) but still make the maximum damage with what ever weapon you choose.

    I could but the difference at that point is small it comes down to skill most most of the time since its rare that I face anyone below SL150 and at that point skill and timing mean everything.

    Besides the 2 or 3 billion souls (500 hours) I earned to lvl up to 629 from beating the crap out of hundreds of thousands invaders and I think I deserve fast rolling with my Demon Grt machette with 58 poise. And everyone should just be happy that im not destroying them with all that magic im packin.

    EDIT: Im a forest covie. with my 629 Alvina seems to only summon me for the real baddie jerks who host/gank in the forest.

    Those who see me often tend to throw them selves off the cliffs.


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by Juutas on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:00 pm

    GkMrBane wrote:
    Juutas wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:
    Juutas wrote:If you host on ridicilously high lvl on popular dueling area I think it's as bad as being dark moon and invading down. It's not fair if you're 100 lvls over your opponent. If someone invades you by accident, sure it's fair, but if you are there waiting for someone to invade you purposely, no.

    Some one accused me of being over leveled at 626 when hosting

    my responce to him was Hey bro I switched to the same weapon class you were using and I didnt use any magic but if you want me to fight at full capacity I have plenty of weapon buffs and dark magic as well as a very long spear (pike) I can use. happy

    You still probably had better HP, poise and defences than your opponent and still could fast roll (or ninja flip to your liking) but still make the maximum damage with what ever weapon you choose.

    I could but the difference at that point is small it comes down to skill most most of the time since its rare that I face anyone below SL150 and at that point skill and timing mean everything.

    Besides the 2 or 3 billion souls (500 hours) I earned to lvl up to 629 from beating the crap out of hundreds of thousands invaders and I think I deserve fast rolling with my Demon Grt machette with 58 poise. And everyone should just be happy that im not destroying them with all that magic im packin.

    Some of us can do the same under lvl 120 without magic or ridicilous poise or max hp, but suite yourself.


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    avatar
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 941
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Location : In the forest warming up on Covi's

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by GkMrBane on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:30 pm

    Juutas wrote:
    Some of us can do the same under lvl 120 without magic or ridicilous poise or max hp, but suite yourself.
    [/quote]


    As have I but after so many builds I kinda got fed up with having limits in my builds so I just uber lvled my original toon and +15 as many weapons as I could so now the only limit to how I want to play is myself. happy


    _________________
    Forum Pirate wrote:One can learn to like having nails driven through their knees. Doesn't mean they'll enjoy learning.


    "Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

    The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

    And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

    Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

    If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Am I over leveled?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:47 am