Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Different builds?

Eisen
    Eisen
    Casual
    Casual

Different builds? Empty Different builds?

Post by Eisen Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:32 am

I want to try something that's not all that usual, yet it's fun to play and somehow effective as well.

The first thing I was considering was a SL1 play, which would provide quite a different play-style and provide a solid challenge (for me).

The second option would be an elemental weapon playthrough, keeping my STR and DEX on the minimal required level to wield the weapon and go Fire/Lightning paths, focusing my stat points into Vit or End, possibly Int or Faith. This would make for a high HP/Stamina char which would be difficult to take down (ok, it could bleed out quite easily, whatever.). However, I'm not entirely sure whether the elemental weapons are going to cut it for me at the higher levels.

The last thing I came up with would be using some less used weapons/builds, such as fist weapons or focusing mainly on ranged (bow/crossbow) and have melee weapon as a back-up only.

Do you guys have any experience with such builds, is there something you would recommend, advise to do or not to do?
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Different builds? Empty Re: Different builds?

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 pm

I did a level 100 Chaos build similar to the one you described. I capped out Vit at around 50, but added a bit of Faith for healing. If you're going to do elemental, make sure you use BIG weapons like the Zwiehander. Because of the split damage, when you use things like longswords, daggers, and rapiers, you seem to lose a lot more damage off the top. But because big weapons have larger amounts of damage for single hits, you'll see more return when you do land one.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 pm

If you go pure dex (my fav) relying on a bow/crossbow is very doable. I've done it plenty of times. I would have my backup melee weapon be the bandits dagger since it wasn't strong and i disnt want to continually rely on since bows are much stronger than daggers. the weapon I wanted to rely on. Having things such as curved swords or the BSS just take the fun out of a challenge. When all I have is a bow and a knife it makes me actually feel like a hunter. It's an awesome feeling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 pm