Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Tolvo
TehInfamousAmos
Rarayn
WyrmHero
RANT
User
Spurgun
ViralEnsign_
BIG TIME MASTER
13 posters

Your ideal fantasy/action game

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Your ideal fantasy/action game - Page 2 Empty Re: Your ideal fantasy/action game

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 am

I want the DARK TOWER AS A GAME!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Your ideal fantasy/action game - Page 2 Empty Re: Your ideal fantasy/action game

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Take the time to read, you might like it-

My game opens with a scene in hell, which is a labrynth of boiling hot torture rooms filled with awful scenes of the damned being punished by demons. The demons are classical style like you might see in renaissance era churches, horns, tails, etc.

There is no dialogue, and after the short intro that sets the mood for the game you are visually introduced to your character, who is just any other body being mutilated deep within the depths of hell. The story begins when the demon torturing you, without explanation, stops, and lays down his weapon (a cat-o-nine tails) and just stands motionless staring at you.

From this point on you are in game, with no tutorial, no explanation, no dialogue. Kind of like the raw opening of Limbo. You have to figure everything out from here.

After a moment you are going to realize that it is on you, so you pick up the weapon. You can kill the demon or not, doesn't matter. There is no dialogue, just the ambience of infinite souls being tortured. Upon exiting your dungeon, the entire rest of the game is a fight through the labrynth of hell. Most of the game will be in tight, claustrophobic corridors and passageways, and occassionally you will come to a boss room with an especially powerful demon to face.

I want the game world to be large and interconnected, as in DKS, although the entire world is only one area, hell. There are no checkpoints, no saves. Like an old school game, the whole thing is played from start to finish. You can save upon quitting, but when you die you inhabit another souls entirely, and start from the beginning scene.

There is no story given, you are just a damned soul trying to escape, if that is even possible. You don't know, you are just on a blind journey seeing where you can get.

There is no hud, no life bar, nothing kind of aid whatsoever. The wound system is realistic, if you are splayed with a spear or claws you are going to die. The combat takes a control system like DKS, although the weapons are limited to demonic torture devices, no shields, magic, stuff like that. There is not a roll-dodge mechanic, instead a more realistic footwork system where the "dodge" is just you shuffling quickly in your desired direction. The camera sits a bit lower, like eye level, and closer to the character than in DKS, but functions the same. I want the demons to be seen more from the characters perspective so that they seem especially large, powerful, and daunting.

The only items in the game world are weapons. Otherwise you are naked and helpless. The is no multiplayer, this is a purely single player experience, though something like that DKS orange soapstone system and ability to see phantoms might be appropriate here.

At some point in the game a demon that you slay will speak to you. You will learn that he was once a man, and by some great strength he has retained a peice of his humanity throughout all the eons he has been in hell. This is the first spoken word in the game, and maybe it takes place about half way through. It is a powerful moment, the first sign of some kind of direction, and hope...

He tells you his story. He was a priest in an ancient time, long before yours, and his entire life he never questioned his place in the afterlife. He tells of the various good deeds he performed, the people he saved, and as far as you can tell it sounds like he was an utterly holy man. He speculates as to the meaning of his fate, and blesses you on your journey, but does not hold back his doubt about your quest, and his complete lack of belief in any escape or penance available.

From this point on, you realize that your goal is to find your soul. Perhaps with that you can escape your fate, but still you don't know.

The second half of the game from this point needs to increase in difficulty significantly to match the players comfortability with the control scheme and combat mechanics, and now when the player dies he will revert back to this second cutscene, so it is like the second checkpoint.

In the end, you will find out the demon priest was actually the great deciever himself, and that there truly is no salvation for you whatsoever. You will have an epic fight with the Archdemon himself, and I want this boss fight to be the hardest video game fight ever created. I want it to be nearly impossible, so much so that few players will beat him. Upon beating him, you steal his soul and ascend to heaven as an angel, though if he beats you (which he likely will), your soul is back to square one.

The musical score will be something of a heavy metal/horror genre mix, something that conveys absolute doom but also the incredible power of the human spirit against all odds.

Your characters only line in the game will come either upon defeat or victory against the devil, and is going to be the ultimate one liner.

Upon defeat, your dying breath, "...if it takes all eternity..." -Roll the credits and the entire time, amidst depressing music, is the devil cackling and cursing you, describing in horrible detail what is going to happen to you for the rest of eternity.

Upon victory and thrusting your arm into the demons chest (in an epic yell), "Demon! Your soul.....is MINE!" - Roll the credits and a victorious, beautiful melody is joined with soft angelic voices praising your bravery and all the eternal pleasures of heaven that await you.

A couple other minor things I think would make an unforgettable atmosphere:

If hit, your character shrieks terribly, the kind that makes the hair on your neck stand up, and your wife say , "what the hell are you playing?"

Likewise, when you slay demons, they let out blood curtling moans like you haven't heard in a game before. They need to be loud enough to overshadow all the other sounds. Also, I want the bodies to have a lot of weight to them, they hit the ground with a powerful thud and dont bounce around ragdoll-like after.

The combat is the same "one attack at a time, no cancelling an action you already made" type like in DKS, but I want the speed increased a bit to give a more violent feel. Since most the weapons are cruel torture tools that you scavenge, I want the attack patterns to be kind of fast, wild, barbaric flails and thrashes, and your character howls like a wildman when you attack.

When facing an enemy, the game grows silent, save for the sounds of your movement and breathing, and the enemies. I want the character to feel like he is really face to face with the beast and can almost smell em. The only in game music, besides cinematics and boss fights, is post-fights. A tune something like Firelink Shrine that leaves you feeling empty, like the vicious battle you just fought achieved nothing.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Something like Demon's / Dark souls, but more stealth and assassan oriented.

The Asssassan's Rush spell from Fable. (Think of a spell that creates a lag BS. That is exactly what this spell is.)

A combat system combining the great Dark Souls combat and the awsome Reckoning combat.

The graple from Tomb Raider. The aniversary edition had it. I can't remember which of the other ones had it.

The ability to make your own weapons, but not overpowered weapons.

The ability to become a vampire like in the elder scrolls, but you can actually cure yourself and get infected again.

A world about as big as Dark Souls. A world bigger than this is too big.

A twist in the plot. Something that is surprising.

Characters that are strong and weak in their own way. When they come together they play of of their teamates strengths and cover up their teamates weaknesses. This is done well in Champions of Norath.

A game with puzzles. I want to be mentally challenged! That did not come out right, but you know what I mean.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh Also Tolvo's inspired game. You are a detective sent to a city to solve a case. The first time you playthrough, if you simply follow the story its just like L.A Noire, a normal detective story However if you choose to explore the city slowly clues emerge. Something darker is hidden here. If you travel deep enough you uncover a massive conspiracy. Suddenly you're hunted through the city, your original objective forgotten. I dont know how to end it yet.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Yeah I wanted a zombie survival game on an Online Game scale....

All you have to do is survive using all the tools you can by scavnging from houses, appartments, and stores....

However its not as simple as games like Dead Rising.These zombies are blind and move by scent and sound, Zombies are in hordes, they are quick to grab you and they are strong so getting away from one like that is not easy. There are no quick escapes and zombies can kill you quickly.

The map area would be very large/ dependent on what size town you pick - ranging from rural town (smallest number of zombies, players, guns, etc) to Capital (which has lots of guns, zombies, players).

Players are burdened by what they can actually carry, so you cant simply bust into a gunshop and walk out with thousands of rounds and a dozen guns.... no infact stores are hard to break into, hard indeed and if you trip alarms you have mere seconds to pick up what you can and get the hell out of there before you are swarmed.

I suppose a day and night system would be cool, zombies are weak in the day and strong in the night, rain and fog factors would be cool too.

Also all sorts of status effects as well. Like Fallout NV and realisitic eating and drinking aspect would be cool, and the only indicator that you need to eat would be a stomach growling, and for water and short dizzy spell. Also sickness and infection could be two more status ailements, along with things like sanity and boredom or whatever.

Additionally guns could break down so cleaning kits would be a must, you can find back packs and tactical vests, and any equipment you do pick up shows on your character, as well as impeding movement speed while carrying gear....

E.G- You loot a grocery store for some food and water, but zombies find you and you have to drop your haul to....haul *** outta there.

I suppose driving vehicles could be okay but you could never get far due to massive zombie numbers, road blocks, or running out of gas.

As for how the zombies act..... I'd simply like some to make the traditional growling sound and some to be very quiet so that you can be snuck up on, also zombies might be attracted to the sounds you make but they dont agro until they are sure of your location and even then you can distract them by throwing objects to make sound.

Thats the kind of zombie game I want. Not a guns blazing, kill em all style shooter, but a survival aspect one where you might die very quickly if you dont get equipped corrrrectly or make bone head moves, and where being the hero teaches you that "heroes die young"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 pm