Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
GkMrBane
Conrack
aceluby
ublug
Rarayn
Alara78
Nybbles
eminusx
Odinbear
13 posters

Resonance rings gone for all platforms?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Resonance rings gone for all platforms? - Page 2 Empty Re: Resonance rings gone for all platforms?

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 am

[quote="retro"]
    ublug wrote:I'm not sure how it'd push the netcode beyond its limit, though. There are only 3 places to invade in the township & chasm combined, and a total of 7 places to invade in all of the DLC (not counting the Arena). .

Hopefully this gets fixed and we'll learn more about it!

3 places? I stand at the bonfire in OT and everytime I get invaded the invader spawns right outside of the door to go back into the arena. So far, never had an invader spawn anywhere else. Where are the other 2 spots?

Also, last night, I started getting "session failed" messages from would be invaders. Weren't getting these a few days ago. Still experiencing the locked bonfire after "failed invasion attempts", though.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Resonance rings gone for all platforms? - Page 2 Empty Re: Resonance rings gone for all platforms?

Post by ublug Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 pm

retro wrote:I'm not sure how it'd push the netcode beyond its limit, though. There are only 3 places to invade in the township & chasm combined, and a total of 7 places to invade in all of the DLC (not counting the Arena).
    I was speculating that you get the event data from online activity in another area as well, when you are in one area, so the throughput exceeds the bandwidth. It's just a theory on why only the dlc areas are affected.

Odinbear wrote:3 places? I stand at the bonfire in OT and everytime I get invaded the invader spawns right outside of the door to go back into the arena. So far, never had an invader spawn anywhere else. Where are the other 2 spots?
    One next to the entrance/bonfire, one by the stairs to the chained prisoner area, and one at the beginning of the chasm.
    The other day I was invaded by a sov who spawned in the prisoner area, while I was in the townsip bonfire area, had not even been down there.

Odinbear wrote:Also, last night, I started getting "session failed" messages from would be invaders. Weren't getting these a few days ago. Still experiencing the locked bonfire after "failed invasion attempts", though.
    I get those 'failed to create session' pop-ups a lot, since before the glitch.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Yanno I never really realized this until you guys mentioned it, but you're right all the resonance rings are gone. I first started noticing the visual glitch in the Chasm, farming the ghosts for humanities. I thought maybe my download got corrupted somehow so I was about to ask for some advice here, then I realized most people were experiencing the same thing. :/ A shame to say the least.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 pm