Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Tomhet
Onion Knight
TheBigLebowski
Elite Knight
BrotherBob
mugenis4real
Anonymous Proxy
AzureCrow
Corporal Maxey
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sketchyyx
15 posters

Dishonorable people.

TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dishonorable people. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dishonorable people.

Post by TheBigLebowski Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 am

reim0027 wrote:Invasions don't have to be dishonorable. But, the expectation should not be they must be honorable.

The fact that they dare to invade my world is dishonorable enough for me. They should've sent me a letter via carrier-pigeon to announce their visit, ha! winking
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 am

TheBigLebowski wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Invasions don't have to be dishonorable. But, the expectation should not be they must be honorable.

The fact that they dare to invade my world is dishonorable enough for me. They should've sent me a letter via carrier-pigeon to announce their visit, ha! winking
    Well, it depends on the situation. If a host stands near an invasion spawn point with 2 summons, waiting to ambush an me (the invader), I am certainly not the dishonorable one.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 am

From my experience if you're looking for duels then go to the burg or the kiln with an RSS or just go to the arena which was specifically designed for dueling. Definitely don't expect any honour in the forest though, it's always been the worst place for PvP is you're after honourable duels. It's pretty good for testing your skills against gankers though

If you invade someones world then expect them to do anything they can to get rid of you. The invader is there to make life difficult for the host and use any means to kill them and steal their humanity

The host is usually just trying to play through the area, minding his own business when an invader shows up to slap him back to the bonfire. So the host is justified in using any tactic they can.

Also 3v1s aren't impossible to win btw, people should view it as a challenge instead of just saying its "dishonourable" or "unfair"
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:From my experience if you're looking for duels then go to the burg or the kiln with an RSS or just go to the arena which was specifically designed for dueling. Definitely don't expect any honour in the forest though, it's always been the worst place for PvP is you're after honourable duels. It's pretty good for testing your skills against gankers though

If you invade someones world then expect them to do anything they can to get rid of you. The invader is there to make life difficult for the host and use any means to kill them and steal their humanity

The host is usually just trying to play through the area, minding his own business when an invader shows up to slap him back to the bonfire. So the host is justified in using any tactic they can.

Also 3v1s aren't impossible to win btw, people should view it as a challenge instead of just saying its "dishonourable" or "unfair"
    I agree with those who say that hosts who get invaded while questing should be able to use everything at their disposal to kill the invader. On another note, invaders are not always there to steal humanity. :blue-orb:

I also didn't say that 3v1s are impossible to win. All I said was that people shouldn't always view invaders as the bad guys and hosts as the victims. In fact, when I get bored of the Kiln, I stop in the Forest to pay gankers a visit...
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:49 pm

So I recently switch ed from DMB to DW. I can say that I am seeing so many more "dishonorable" people than before. When I was a DMB, most people at the Kiln bowed before attacking. I seldom saw WoTG spamming (though it's not really much of an issue once you know when to roll dodge). I rarely saw healers, and gankers were a bit more uncommon. Now, at the same place (the Kiln) as a DW, I see all of this to a much higher degree, and I've only had about 3 out of 15 bow before a duel this afternoon.

So why is this happening? My guess is that it has to do with the people in the book of the guilty. I know that a lot of people believe that the book is filled with gankers and WoTG spammers (though this may be true for the top 10 or so). However, many of the "guilty" are just good players who are honorable and know how to kick the butts of hateful gankers who indict them later. On the other hand, gankers and healers probably don't get indicted much. Most gankers are hosts who can't get indicted. Healers are too incompetent to win much.

Thus, when I invade the "guilty", I usually invade good honorable players. When I just invade regularly, I meet everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 pm