Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

SL ~125 PvP build

Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

SL ~125 PvP build Empty SL ~125 PvP build

Post by Purplebuds Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey guys while I'm waiting to be approved to edit the wiki page and add my build, was wondering if you guys would look it over and see if I left any critical information missing or comments and criticisms.. I think its rather long so just thumb over it you have to. Thanks.

Introduction: This build is fairly versatile allowing you to fight melee or use your arsenal of spells to your advantage. This is NOT a defensive build, it is very aggresive and offensively oriented, with very high damage output. This build uses Crystal Magic Weapon (CMW) as its primary spell, due to the huge damage output it increases, but your spells will also hit just as hard. Because of the builds reliance on spell casts alike, it is advised to be preferably an invading build, as a host you are limited to a few battles before you are at a severe disatvantage.

• I am on the PS3, if you have any questions send me a message, I'd be happy to explain. My PSN - Purplebuds

Starting Class - Pyromancer

SL : 123-126
    Stats :
    SL:
    123 - 126
    VIT:
    ATT:
    16 / 19
    END:
    STR:
    DEX:
    RES:
    INT:
    FAI:
    *31 strength will be explained later on in the weapons section.

Spells breakdown : Depending on whether you choose to stay 123 or go 126 you will have either have 4 spell slots or 5. If you don't plan on beating NG+ then stick with 4. It is a necessity that you get the Tin Crystallization Catalyst from hollow Big Hat Logan, it increases your spell damage drastically, but halves your spell casts. Your spell layout will be as follows. This is also up to your playstyle feel free to add in any spells you like or prefer.

Crystal Homing Soul Mass (CHSM) : Good for on the defensive, when you need to recast CMW or eat a green blossom. Also useful when taking on multiple enemies. Play around with it and figure out how this spell best suits you. Remember they fire off when your target is in front of you and in range, no matter whether you are locked-on or not.

Crystal Soul Spear (CSS) : Very powerful spell, will 1 shot many players who have low VIT or dont wear Ring of F&P. Sometimes hard to get to land but good to use when they try to heal, as it will do significant damage. If you choose to go SL 126 (recommended) and do NG+ you will get 2 of these spells giving you a total of 4 casts.

Soul Spear (SS) : Still a powerful spell but lacks some of the punch CSS does. If you do NG+ be sure to replace this with another casting of CSS.

Crystal Magic Weapon (CMW) : Hands down the most important spell in your arsenal. With the high intillect and crystallization catalyst, this will almost double your damage output. I recommend going NG+ and SL 126 to make room for another spell cast of this. With 2 spells you get a total of 6 casts (3 with crystallization catalyst) so you don't have to worry about running out in an invasion. If you only have 1 of this spell it will only give you 1 casting of CMW (You can get a second by switching to a weaker catalyst will be explained later on). Remember this can only be used on standard weapons (upgrade paths of regular titanite) and the dragon weapons

Weapon Choices : There are multiple possible weapon choices depending on your playstyle. I will give you a list of possible choices, but will explain more in detail the ones I prefer because I have experience (and stat descriptions) with them. ** The 31 strength stat is because Man Serpent Greatsword and Zweihander both have a strength requirement of 24, after 31 strength they stop gaining multiple attack rating points and only gain 1-2 per strength stat added (WHEN 2 Handed - 1 Handed is a different story), making the further points in intillect giving better damage increase via Magic Adjust.

Man Serpent Greatsword +15 : My personal favorite for its versatility and decent weapon speed. After CMW applied it comes out to 919 AR.
    Zweihander +15 : Very slow but powerful weapon and useful for its stun lock. After CMW it comes out to 925 AR.

Great Club +15
    Demon Great Axe +15
    Demon Great Machete +15

• If you choose to go with these last 3 you will need to adjust the build to your liking to make room for the higher STR required and damage added from param bonuses. These stats are based around MSGS/Zweihander

Alternative Weapons:
    If you only go 123 and have only 1 cast of CMW you may choose to select an alternative weapon (I don't but its preference)
    Choices are really these listed about in lightning/fire/chaos path or a Moonlight Greatsword+5

• If you are only going SL 123 with 16 ATT I suggest in left hand having the Tin Crystallization Catalyst and a different catalyst as the swap out so you can squeeze out an extra (but weaker) casting of CMW - choices are yours but I would pick Oolacile Ivory Catalyst due to it weighing only 0.5

Armor: I believe it is very important to use Crown of Dusk as the head piece (for the magic increase along with light weight), and would not recommend switching it. In my experience never go below 55 poise. Which means you will be mixing heavy armor with light. If you are fighting an ultra-weapon user such as zweihander, you should wear armor boosting you to 76 poise to keep from being stunlocked immediately. An example of 55 poise and 76 poise with Crown of Dusk equipped. You should also always stay below 50% equip load and both these armor setups with 40 END will.

56 poise:
    Head: Crown of Dusk
    Chest: Giants +5
    Legs: Xanthous Waistcloth +5 (Or anything you prefer visually that is light weight since this does not add poise)
    Gloves: Giants +5

This is your usual get up but you can change it as you like. With this and 99 humanity I have over 400 defense and below 50% equip. Some other good armors are Elite Knight +10, Smoughs, Havels, just make sure you get the poise.

76 poise:
    Head: Crown of Dusk
    Chest: Havel's
    Legs: Havel's
    Gloves: Gauntlets of the Channeler's (Or Eastern Gauntlets+5)

This is when you are fighting big sword baddies, and don't want to get stun-locked to death. Remember no matter what their endurance is with 2 handed R1 swings they will only have 4 swings maximum before they run out of Stamina. This will also give you less than 50% equipment burden if set up properly.

Ring Options : The only 2 rings I recommend are Dark Wood Grain Ring ( Ninja Ring ) And Ring of Favor & Protection. You could swap out one for bellowing dragoncrest if you really prefer the caster side, or hornet ring if you are one of the backstabbing bastards. The choice is yours. This all depends on your playstyle
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL ~125 PvP build Empty Re: SL ~125 PvP build

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Are you sure that you get 3 casts of CMW with two CMW slots and the tin crystalization catalyst? I though that the halving of the catalyst was applied to each slot separately and rounded down each time, giving you only 2 casts. Also, I would add the large club as another good weapon option. The damage is slightly lower than the great club, but it has an interesting moveset.

Other than that one question and one suggestion, it looks good to me.
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 pm

To answer your question yes, with 2 spell slots of it you will get 3 casts of CMW with the Tin Crystallization catalyst. And alright I'll add the club in before I post it to the wiki, I figured I left out a few weapons, just haven't messed with the clubs much.
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:18 pm

43 views and only 1 comment? I know there's more wrong with this than just a large club.. let's hear it guys, good or bad!
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Bump. Anyone?
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:40 pm

strangejoy wrote:Are you sure that you get 3 casts of CMW with two CMW slots and the tin crystalization catalyst? I though that the halving of the catalyst was applied to each slot separately and rounded down each time, giving you only 2 casts. Also, I would add the large club as another good weapon option. The damage is slightly lower than the great club, but it has an interesting moveset.

Other than that one question and one suggestion, it looks good to me.

I thought the large club had the same moveset as the great club, because they're both large hammers? You can do poison with the large club though (or is it toxin? I still haven't figured that out).
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Needs more cowbell.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Personally, I feel sorcery is worthless in PvP. You have to be good at deception and be very unpredictable. Otherwise, it is really really easy to dodge (especially with a dex of 10).

But, if you like sorcery, then 44 Int is a good number. 50 is better, but 44 is plenty.

Why do you want 2 CMW? It buffing animation is so long, you will be backstabbed before you can do it. Maybe have a MLGS as a backup, once your buff wears off?

If you want to 2H, I would stop Str at 27. It will have the same AR as 40 with 1H, after that, diminishing returns kick in. If you want to 1H, then 40 is the ideal number (before diminishing returns kick in).

Good poise breakdown on the armor. I haven't checked the numbers, but I'm sure you have. Poise is important for big slow weapons.
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 pm

I wouldn't go as far to say sorcery is worthless in PvP, you do have to be good at predicting your opponent and knowing what to use and when. I find it priceless, as far as my playstyle goes, not only for CMW, but for the spells as well. I can't tell you how many times I've beaten 2/3v1 with the help of a 1500 crystal soul spear rocking one of the phantoms. I understand it's not for everyone, maybe you haven't played someone who used it well. (There's no doubt it's not the easiest to land).

This build obviously isn't for everyone but as long as its useful for the people who play well with it I'm happy to contribute. Yeah 50 is a bit much just for the SL req's not to mention I think the dragon breath is pointless.

Multiple CMW's are good for hosting, and also for invading when the host runs or waits out your CMW, I really have no trouble putting some distance between the player, casting a CHSM and rebuffing. As far as the 45 dex for optimum spell casting goes, I feel it is a very marginal gain. I get my spells off just about as fast as any dex build I've seen, definetely fast enough to catch people with. Yeah 31 strength is the 2H DR on the MSGS and Zwei, 27 wouldn't hurt if you needed to shave off a few levels. I also listed the moonlight/lightning etc upgraded weapons in the alternatives.

Thanks for the feedback. Going to make it a little broader so people can optimize it to their preferences, thats my exact build and people have different playstyles so they can adjust it as they see fit.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Yeah, if you're good at sorcery, then it can be deadly. But, it is a tougher way to fight.

I get you about 2 CMWs. If you can get enough distance to rebuff, more power to you - your opponents aren't being aggressive enough, and they'll pay for that mistake.

SS and HSM are fast, even with base dex, so that usually isn't a problem. What about mixing in a Soul Ray? That would mess up their timing. Fire one off, they think they have more time to react, then next time you fire a SS and nail them (if they were expecting a SR).

IDK, I don't play with sorceries, so I'm not the best person to ask about that.
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Haven't thought about it cause I feel like I don't have the extra slots, could always cut out a CSS. I'll have to toy with it. Yeah I mean most fights end in less than 30 seconds so usually I don't need to rebuff, but on 2v1's I may need to or what not. I just like to have it really as backup. And sorcery has gotten me killed plenty of times, but its worth its weight in gold. If you have a SL~120 I'm always up for some friendly duels, heck maybe I'll change your mind about sorcery happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Join the fight club. It is great, with honorable duels. We are 120 there.
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Damn, that's a shame. Guess i'll eventually have to make a sl 120

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm