Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

1HKO Divine Weapon

Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

1HKO Divine Weapon Empty 1HKO Divine Weapon

Post by Strudul Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 pm

So I have been putting off going into the catacombs because it is dark and I don't like the idea of the respawning skeletons.

I know I can rush Necros, but I alt-tab a lot while I play, so it would be more convenient if I can just kill the skeles and know they are gonna stay dead.

So I am looking for a divine weapon (that kills skeletons in one hit preferably).

Unfortunately, I am not a faith build at all, so there is no extra damage to be had there. However I do have 40 dex and 16 str.

A fast weapon would be nice since that is the style I am used to.

I don't intend to use this as a primary weapon, just for the respawning skeles.

Any recommendations?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

1HKO Divine Weapon Empty Re: 1HKO Divine Weapon

Post by ublug Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:06 pm

I often just make a divine rapier to kill them with backstabs.
    Also remember that only the finishing blow must be done with a divine weapon, so you can soften them up with your preferred weapon before switching to the divine.
    I sometimes just use the astoras straight sword, even if I don't have enough faith to wield it (it will bounce off), to finish them.

Doh! With 16 str and 40 dex, your best choice should be the silver knight spear.
    Strudul
    Strudul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Strudul Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Should mention, I will be making it Divine +10.

With this I would think there are plenty of weapons that will 1HK skeles, I just don't want to waste the white chunks and slab to find out.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:44 pm

A divine Falchion or even bastard sword should make quick work of them in NG, I wouldn't take anything past +5 unless your going to the TOG. Maybe try a divine composite bow? It's takes some juggling however if you backtrack and dodge it's the safest way to clear the catacombs.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:35 pm

For me if it's a NG run a double-handed +5 Silver Knight Spear is my weapon of choice, as it will usually take out the normal skellies in one hit, and the larger ones in the ToG in around two to three.

NG+ usually requires around two to three additional hits, and so I tend to use a double-handed +10 Divine Man-Serpent Greatsword, which is the only large weapon I am comfortable with as I tend to favour the BSS above all things.
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:53 pm

I came into this thread thinking someone found a way to 1HK with divine and occult weapons without hyper mode. I thought my Ebony and Ivory dark swords would be of more use to me..
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 am

If only shear badassery could get kills you'd already have your answer, looks like its just back stabs and parries, maybe divine great hammers but that's about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 pm