Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Xskulled
Veradox
Glutebrah
KiDisaster
Shinsoku
Infighter
CaligoIllioneus
Revoltage
Rarayn
SublimeSinner
Kiljax
15 posters

DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC?

Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC? Empty DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC?

Post by Kiljax Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 pm

As the title asks in a brief summary:

Who will be still playing Dark Souls on PC once the DLC is available for consoles? I myself plan to remain in the PC area, but with the lack of activity on the PC forums, I fear that I may never be invaded again.

Am I the only one mad enough to remain on PC?
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC? Empty Re: DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC?

Post by SublimeSinner Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:04 pm

I had a suspicion that FROM released it on PC first for the player base to debug for them the easy way. This is their better title right now and they might fear hurting their strong base on the consoles. Given the problems we've had play testing wasn't very thorough. I'm sure they'd have noticed bonfires not turning back on after the fog wall drops for example. The real question is will they release a good enough patch for us to stay in the end.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC? Empty Re: DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC?

Post by Rarayn Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't even have the game for any of the consoles, and even if I did my time playing DKS would have been severely limited and inflexible if I did switch. The PC port might not be a very good port, but it's more than good enough for me.

...So I hope there'll be other people sticking with the PC version as well, as it would be very lonely if "everyone" decided to switch to the console versions. ;_;

Edit:
    Now that the new DLC is out, would it perhaps be possible for cross-platform multiplayer between PC and Xbox players? It's apparently not possible at the moment, but it would be awesome if that was changed in the future. If I have to use GFWL even though I am on the PC; then at least there should be SOME benefits to it, right? ._.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm

I'll still be playing this on pc, though to be honest the only reason I'm staying is because my xbox is broken and I can't be bothered to fix it.

The main downside for the pc version is the lower number of players when compared to xbox. I really do hope they somehow implement cross-platform play between xbox and pc though, like Rarayn said.
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Sadly, I cannot see this happening.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 pm

I am staying on the PC as well...
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:02 am

Kiljax wrote:Sadly, I cannot see this happening.
    Aye, I can't really see it happening either. I'm sure it's possible, but I get the impression that From etc. don't really care enough about the PC version to actually do something like that.

CaligoIllioneus wrote:I am staying on the PC as well...
    The more the merrier!
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:06 am

I am new here,but I will stay on PC
    Shinsoku

Post by Shinsoku Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 am

First, I am really new to the Souls series. I knew it for some time, because Demon had this reputation of being one of the hardest game currently and with the sequel I heard even more.

Now, after watching a playthrough, I decided to buy it. At first I wasn't quite sure which version, or more precise on which system.
    I heard of the problems the PC version had, but that there is the dsfix. And I already had a XBox controller compatible for PC.

I read a few articles and one particular said, that in the long run, the PC version might be the best. You know, because of possible modding and just better enhancing and so on.

Also I was quite excited to play it finally and didn't want to wait this few days for the PTD version for consoles. happy

I didn't regret it and will be staying on PC, even though I am sure invading might be happening on the consoles a lot more, but that hasn't do be an advantage and while I played it for about 9 hours so far, I got invaded 3 or 4 times.
    KiDisaster
    KiDisaster

Post by KiDisaster Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 am

I have it for PC and PS3, but I'll be sticking with PC for the foreseeable future. Don't really feel like spending more money on the DLC.

I don't PvP much at all though, just co-op on the rare occasion that I actually get summoned. The PC version feels kinda dead to me, which is alright since I hate being invaded anyway.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 am

Infighter wrote:I am new here,but I will stay on PC
    DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC? 639795459

Shinsoku wrote:First, I am really new to the Souls series. I knew it
    for some time, because Demon had this reputation of being one of the
    hardest game currently and with the sequel I heard even more.

Now,
    after watching a playthrough, I decided to buy it. At first I wasn't
    quite sure which version, or more precise on which system.
    I heard of the problems the PC version had, but that there is the dsfix. And I already had a XBox controller compatible for PC.

I
    read a few articles and one particular said, that in the long run, the
    PC version might be the best. You know, because of possible modding and
    just better enhancing and so on.

Also I was quite excited to play it finally and didn't want to wait this few days for the PTD version for consoles. happy

I
    didn't regret it and will be staying on PC, even though I am sure
    invading might be happening on the consoles a lot more, but that hasn't
    do be an advantage and while I played it for about 9 hours so far, I got
    invaded 3 or 4 times.

Sadly, I think the "best in the long-term" thing was referring more to the modding scene and the possible improvement of the single player aspects of the game through mods in the future. It might develop a good, solid core of dedicated players and modders, but it will definitely be lonely on PC in comparison to console. I don't know how many of those nine hours you were human, but 3-4 times in 9 hours isn't exactly a lot. (Depending on a number of factors, granted.)

KiDisaster wrote:I have it for PC and PS3, but I'll be sticking with
    PC for the foreseeable future. Don't really feel like spending more
    money on the DLC.

I don't PvP much at all though, just co-op on
    the rare occasion that I actually get summoned. The PC version feels
    kinda dead to me, which is alright since I hate being invaded
    anyway.
    The game doesn't have as much replayability value without PVP though, IMO. It's pretty short, and once you've "learned" it; not that hard unless you impose rules on yourself to make it harder.

Would be nice if the current situation of it being "dead" is just temporary, and that it will eventually develop a bigger online playerbase...But I am not getting my hopes up. Seems we have a decent enough amount of PC players on this forum though.

I was hanging around the Undead Burg the other day for some low-level PVP, and I was invaded a few times by one single guy. Apart from him, I only got a lot of failed invasions, both from people trying to invade me and me trying to invade them. Shucks.
    KiDisaster
    KiDisaster

Post by KiDisaster Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:44 am

Rarayn wrote:
    The game doesn't have as much replayability value without PVP though, IMO. It's pretty short, and once you've "learned" it; not that hard unless you impose rules on yourself to make it harder.

Yeah that's what I am doing at this point. I just can't get the hang of PvP. Every time I've been invaded I end up getting killed without ever knowing what the hell happened. A day or two ago in the Parish on my SL1 character I got backstabbed by a guy who was in front of me. I don't know if it's lag or glitches or what but I just can't win against other players. My attacks never land, or barely touch their hp, or any number of things. So I just kinda gave up on it, maybe I just suck.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 am

Used to be that way for me too. Can't do anything about the lag, but I actually got a little better at PVP just from watching a lot of videos about it, believe it or not. Of course, PVP is way more fun if you come up against players who aren't ONLY there for humanity or griefing.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:04 am

Ziggurat91 wrote:I'll still be playing this on pc, though to be honest the only reason I'm staying is because my xbox is broken and I can't be bothered to fix it.

The main downside for the pc version is the lower number of players when compared to xbox. I really do hope they somehow implement cross-platform play between xbox and pc though, like Rarayn said.

if you think PC has a low amount of players compared to xbox now just wait till DLC comes out and everyone jumps ship from PC

I personally already went back to PS3 as soon as i beat the PC version.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    Ziggurat91 wrote:I'll still be playing this on pc, though to be honest the only reason I'm staying is because my xbox is broken and I can't be bothered to fix it.

if you think PC has a low amount of players compared to xbox now just wait till DLC comes out and everyone jumps ship from PC

I personally already went back to PS3 as soon as i beat the PC version.

I find it kind of funny that about a month ago, there seemed to be great optimism for the future of PC PVP. Now it's only pessimism. silly
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 am

I sold my BOX half a year ago... So I have no other option but to stick with PC happy
    And for PVP... I get some decent PVP at about 1.00AM-7.00AM... At 7 I need to pack myself up and go to work sad
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:57 am

Veradox wrote:I sold my BOX half a year ago... So I have no other option but to stick with PC happy
    And for PVP... I get some decent PVP at about 1.00AM-7.00AM... At 7 I need to pack myself up and go to work sad

Out of curiosity, approximately how often did you get invaded then? I tend to try to avoid staying up *too* late playing DkS, but I guess it makes sense for more PVP to happen around those times for us Europeans. That's the early evening for them US folks, after all.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:02 pm

How do you think, trying to run to Alvina's house to your bloodstain from the zone entrance and getting invaded before you kill the first Mage guy... Is it "often" enough? happy Very often getting 2 vs 1 situations. Sometimes getting Wraith with a forest guy, so I just let them fight happy I'm also Gravelording the same time, but vengeful spirits are quite rare, due to summoning troubles...
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Well, let's hope it remains that way now that the DLC is coming out for consoles.

Sucks about the Gravelording though. The character I am currently planning is going to be one, so I was hoping that would get me some extra PVP action.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Unfortunately I can barely get 1 gravelord abused guy who came to avenge his world in almost 20 fights... It seems like noone can use the sign, unless they are my region/session/bla-bla-bla... Otherwise I've always used Forest for decent PVP... Never got to Oolacile Township or K. Just lazy happy
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I have the game on both PC and Xbox, but when DLC drops for xbox i'll most likely be on xbox most of the time, mainly because PC connectivity is practically broken right now.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I don't lose my hopes.Majority of PC gamers requested Dark Souls on PC including me and i will stand strong to my point and play only on PC (I don't even have console). Give From a break it's their first try at port. I am sure next Souls game is gonna be optimized on PC and released with Dedicated servers I hope atleast, we will see the future is "murky" (My bro Lautrec awesome character )
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Infighter wrote:I don't lose my hopes.Majority of PC gamers requested Dark Souls on PC including me and i will stand strong to my point and play only on PC (I don't even have console). Give From a break it's their first try at port. I am sure next Souls game is gonna be optimized on PC and released with Dedicated servers I hope atleast, we will see the future is "murky" (My bro Lautrec awesome character )

Nice to see some optimism in this thread. Heaven knows I've not been a very good source of it.

Apart from the connectivity issues, I'd say most of the issues of the port have already been fixed with mods. Some of the local connectivity issues can apparently also be fixed, though I've yet to try out the methods of doing so.

Anyway, seems there's a pretty solid core of PC players hanging around this forum. I was starting to have doubts about remaining on the PC, but having you guys around gives me some degree of hope. DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC? 639795459

Also, Lautrec is boss. Easily one of my favourite characters in the game. Dat voice.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Rarayn wrote:
    Infighter wrote:I don't lose my hopes.Majority of PC gamers requested Dark Souls on PC including me and i will stand strong to my point and play only on PC (I don't even have console). Give From a break it's their first try at port. I am sure next Souls game is gonna be optimized on PC and released with Dedicated servers I hope atleast, we will see the future is "murky" (My bro Lautrec awesome character )

Nice to see some optimism in this thread. Heaven knows I've not been a very good source of it.

Apart from the connectivity issues, I'd say most of the issues of the port have already been fixed with mods. Some of the local connectivity issues can apparently also be fixed, though I've yet to try out the methods of doing so.

Anyway, seems there's a pretty solid core of PC players hanging around this forum. I was starting to have doubts about remaining on the PC, but having you guys around gives me some degree of hope. DLC for consoles - who's staying with PC? 639795459

Also, Lautrec is boss. Easily one of my favourite characters in the game. Dat voice.

His voice is sexy. Anyway I suggest for PC players to list their steam id's maybe skype id's to contact and try to set some decent pvp's or jolly-co op
    InvictusCobra
    InvictusCobra

Post by InvictusCobra Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm

I'll stay on the PC as I don't have any other versions happy
    GFWL:InvictusCobra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 am