Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ChizFreak
Fatneckwood
greeneless
7 posters

No Red eye orb?

greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

No Red eye orb? Empty No Red eye orb?

Post by greeneless Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Ok so I just gave Kaathe 42 humanity and it says I'm darkwraith+3 but he hasn't even given my the red eye orb. I was doing this purposely for the armor, but I don't think he's giving it to me.

I'm gonna have to kill him.
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

No Red eye orb? Empty Re: No Red eye orb?

Post by Fatneckwood Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Dont think you can kill him lol. Never tried though. But if you bb glitched you probably cant get it on that character.
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Dammit. Alright thanks, lol.

Yeah you can't kill him. I just beat on him for five minutes then he got mad and left.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Why would you hit an innocent fine-looking teethy giant serpent? You're heartless.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 am

i actually got it on a BB glitched character. more of a test than anything. i didn't have any problems though, so BB glitch isn't the reason he didn't get the orb. though it may be like the old Missingno. glitch in pokemon R&B in that the negative effects don't always hit
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Idk its weird. I cant get great lightening spear from the Sunbros with a bb glitched character, other people say they can't get the darkmoon talisman. Im thinking the first covenant you join on your first bb glitch you cant get cov rewards from it, or something like that. Shrug
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I read somewhere that bb glitching transfers some of the memory from the old character. So if you joined a covenant on the first character and got that item in which you seek, it might possibly be considered the same character to the game. I think someone on these forums posted something that could fix it as well, like breaking the covenant, absolving your sins and rejoining? I'm not sure if that was the case, but yeah. Good luck though.

Edit: As an example, on some bb glitched characters the first guy in the Asylum using the elite knight set(forgot name) will already be considered dead(not always), but when he is, all you have to do is relog the character and then the items are there for drops. I'm only pointing this out as to prove my point, that some of the memory from the first character MAY transfer.
    sheikhsiva

Post by sheikhsiva Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Well After many run throughs on many characters what I have found is that, generally a cov. item is not given if it is already present in your inventory. And by this I mean not only BB glitched characters. I had a non Glitched toon who I was PVPing with. I was given a gravelord sword by one of my whites. When I went to join the Gravelord cov. Nito did not give me the sword or the Gravelord dance. After leveling up in the cov. though he did give me the gravelord great dance. One way to make sure u get everything though is to drop the item in the BB before you join the cov. that way you will get it again (Except spells cause you cant put them in the BB).......Happy Hunting.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 pm

actually, the explanation regarding memory is probably the situation. since that is basically the BB glitch in a nutshell. your copying a portion of an old character to a new one, we just didn't notice the effects beyond the bottomless box itself until now.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm

When you BB glitch,if the character you glitched from recieved the red eye orb your character will nto get it as it remembers your cov rank, and your cov rank is obviously higher than what you need to get the red eye orb. Leave the cov a few times through oswald i.e. join leavejoin leave repeat and you'll get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:35 pm