Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Countering the Homing Spells [PC spell spoilers]

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Countering the Homing Spells [PC spell spoilers] Empty Countering the Homing Spells [PC spell spoilers]

Post by Revoltage Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Hidden Body or the Ring of Fog effectively make the homing soulmasses and pursuers not work at all. I found this to be great news, I am so happy this was found out, I never knew about this! Praise the Sun
    Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYnfwwfsyc&feature=player_detailpage

EDIT: Whoops, seems like ChizFreak already made a thread about this! Sorry about that..... his thread is here

Last edited by Ziggurat91 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Countering the Homing Spells [PC spell spoilers] Empty Re: Countering the Homing Spells [PC spell spoilers]

Post by cloudyeki Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:41 pm

That's still only a temporary fix with hidden body, and the fog ring makes you surrender a possibly more useful ring. If they had lowered the lock on range of both, THEN maybe it'd be worth it. But as it stands right now it'd be better to just strafe like a madman and pray the lag gods are on your side.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Countering the Homing Spells [PC spell spoilers] Empty Re: Countering the Homing Spells [PC spell spoilers]

Post by Revoltage Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Usually I try to dodge at the last possible second, and it usually works to some extent. Also guiding them to hit objects like trees works wonders. I just have extreme trouble dodging that homing spell while they cast dark bead.

And yeah, I'd be loathe to give up a ring slot just to counter that spell...
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:15 am

have you tried using wog or force to deflect it?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Lag makes deflecting harder than it seems. Also, I'm sure they work the same as the Pendant...and that barely helps?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 am