Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
mugenis4real
RANT
Derpwraith
callipygias
FruitPunchNinja
Doelker
X-government-agent
e82
Siegfried.
RNsunbro
14 posters

Games similar to Dark Souls

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Games similar to Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Games similar to Dark Souls

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 pm

As a MH vet I can tell you the game is hard. I've sat there going like..."Well I got a tooth pick and I'm going against a Rathalos.....CHARGE! I got dis!" *gets one shotted* ....unless he does that.

Overall gameplay can be slow if you want to increase your chance of sucess because you will have to gather material to trade or build better weapons, armor, and other gear. So just be prepared for sometimes slow, but always worth the challenge kind of gameplay.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:25 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Its really not much like it, but its a great action rpg that doesn't get much attention. Nier. Lots of people tend to not like it, but it has some of the best story/characters ive seen in an rpg in a long time. The combat can be a bit easy, but i like it. One of the main complaints is it doesn't really pick up until about 15hrs in, but i never felt like i was forcing myself through the early parts. I suggest anyone into action rpgs gives that game a chance.

I'm actually playing Nier right now. Trying to get all the weapons for ending C. I am really enjoying it.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:29 am

Garl_Vinland wrote:Shadow of the Colossus is a good recommendation in any situation!

I'm switching between ICO and Nier right now. I plan on playing Shadow of the Colossus next but damn do I suck with these puzzles.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:50 am

Nice to hear someone else has played/enjoyed Nier. Even the people i talk to who are into action rpgs tend to just write it off, i'm not sure why. I'm actually pretty much at the end of the game right now for the first time, and it's pretty epic. I had heard there were multiple endings, and it felt like certain things were playing a role in the outcome. I pretty much just skipped all the quests, but i do plan on going back and doing a lot of them another time. It's one of those games that i feel is really good despite it getting rather low score on both gamespot and IGN.

I'm a pretty big fan of Ico also, i got the HD collection but haven't played through it again yet. The puzzles always end up making you go crazy cause they end up being really obvious, i got stuck a few times on my first playthrough also. It still is hard for me to choose which i liked more Ico or SotC. SotC has way more replay value, but my first time playing Ico was a more memorable experience i would say. I played it back when it came out when i was about 13, which was the perfect time to play it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 am