Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Lore behind Manus [spoilers]

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lore behind Manus [spoilers] Empty Lore behind Manus [spoilers]

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 pm

I need to know what the lore behind Manus is. Also if he has any dialogue, could I have a transcript?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Lore behind Manus [spoilers] Empty Re: Lore behind Manus [spoilers]

Post by ChizFreak Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

He has no dialogue. He was once a man. Then his humanity went wild and transformed into the being we see now, then he started to look for his precious pendant. The Broken Pendant (item found in-game) is a part of the pendant Manus looks for; this has no use besides accessing to the DLC.

Gough tells you that the Oolacile people caused their own demise, because, and I quote though some words may not be exact but the message is the same: "tempted or not by that primordial serpent, -this hints it's Kaathe (because obviously it's him, Frampt wouldn't tell someone to look into the following Gough says- the Oolacile folk caused their own demise, their waked up the primeval man, and caused his fury."

So basically, Manus is either, the primeval man, or it's a product of the rage of the primeval man, though, because of the description of his soul states that Manus was once a man, I believe he is indeed the primieval man.

That's all there is about him.

Also because what I said above, I strongly believe that Manus was once the Pygmy, because to me, and from what I understand of the lore and from Kathee's dialogues, the primeval man it's the Pygmy (he found the Dark Soul). The Dark Soul was then split and given to all his "children" and it's what we know now as humanity (not we people, but the essence, the enemy, and the consumable item). This (the humanity-Dark Soul thing) has been confirmed by the developers and it's one of the theories ENB figured out, and turn to be truth.

PS: The place where you fight Manus, if you look at it's center, you can see what's it's kind of a tomb/bed. It's like an shape in the ground of a man resting in the pose of a Pharaoh (like you only see his body not his arms like if his arms where crossed like a mummy). The size of the shape is the one of the common human. Also I kind of think that the place looks like the place where the pygmy appears at the cinematic intro, but without the fires. After all, according to the intro you can see that all that happens in a veeeeeeeery deep in the ground place.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 pm