Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Wrenchfarm
Pesth
Meow
callipygias
F3N.R1R
ublug
cloudyeki
SnailsAndSlugs
12 posters

Interesting thing I noticed about Kalameet today.

SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Interesting thing I noticed about Kalameet today. Empty Interesting thing I noticed about Kalameet today.

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:16 pm

I was fighting Kalameet earlier with a summon. As you may have noticed, while he is doing his red eye snare attack he does not take damage. Well, he ended up snaring me, and as I was suspended in front of him, my summon was slicing him below me. I noticed my health bar taking hits in perfect sync with the slicing sound effects from below. So, this means that damage done to kalameet while he is doing the "calamity curse" on you transfers to the cursed.

Also, after you've been cursed, you have the red orb over you for about 20 seconds and take double damage, as if you're wearing the ring.

I don't know if this is a clue towards other uses of the ring, but I found it interesting.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Interesting thing I noticed about Kalameet today. Empty Re: Interesting thing I noticed about Kalameet today.

Post by cloudyeki Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Maybe that's what the calamity ring is for? Transferring damage to someone else. I wonder what would happen if a host and summon used it at the same time.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Interesting thing I noticed about Kalameet today. Empty Re: Interesting thing I noticed about Kalameet today.

Post by ublug Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:17 pm

SnailsAndSlugs wrote:I was fighting Kalameet earlier with a summon. As you may have noticed, while he is doing his red eye snare attack he does not take damage. Well, he ended up snaring me, and as I was suspended in front of him, my summon was slicing him below me. I noticed my health bar taking hits in perfect sync with the slicing sound effects from below. So, this means that damage done to kalameet while he is doing the "calamity curse" on you transfers to the cursed.

Also, after you've been cursed, you have the red orb over you for about 20 seconds and take double damage, as if you're wearing the ring.

I don't know if this is a clue towards other uses of the ring, but I found it interesting.
    Very interesting, hope someone experiments a bit with the ring soon.
    I also timed the curse duration on a video, and it's active for 30 seconds after you get back on your feet.
    F3N.R1R
    F3N.R1R

Post by F3N.R1R Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:38 am

Hmmm I think bosses might just be immune to damage whilst performing a grab style attack on other players. I've noticed this in the past with the Gaping Dragon when I summon solaire or lautrec. If one of them gets grabbed you can't damage the boss throughout the grab animation. It's probably to stop you cheesing it as the boss would be completely vulnerable during the whole animation otherwise.

As for getting damaged during Kalameet's snare, you do anyway. The hits from your phantom connecting may have just been coincidence unfortunately sad
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 pm

F3N.R1R wrote:Hmmm I think bosses might just be immune to damage whilst performing a grab style attack on other players. I've noticed this in the past with the Gaping Dragon when I summon solaire or lautrec. If one of them gets grabbed you can't damage the boss throughout the grab animation. It's probably to stop you cheesing it as the boss would be completely vulnerable during the whole animation otherwise.

As for getting damaged during Kalameet's snare, you do anyway. The hits from your phantom connecting may have just been coincidence unfortunately sad

You may be right. I couldn't remember the way you take damage as he's snaring you without a friend hitting him simultaneously. Could just be a coincidence. Yes, I guess you can think of snare attacks as a backstab or a riposte. The animation is long enough that the player or boss has to be invincible for that period otherwise they're left wide open for attacks for too long.

I was thinking, has anyone experimented with calamity ring + KARMIC JUSTICE? I'm not quite sure how KJ works...is it a static damage amount once the bomb activates no matter how much damage you take?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:50 pm

F3N.R1R wrote:Hmmm I think bosses might just be immune to damage whilst performing a grab style attack on other players.
    Not the Kings.
    Meow

Post by Meow Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:47 pm

yeah i think it's just the animation, same thing happened with the iron golem and couldn't hit him until he threw the guy on the floor
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:11 pm

It would be awesome if while cooping and using this ring is like your summon takes half damage but you take double... or if the summon gets double damage while you take half damage if he is using the ring big grin
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm

Post by Wrenchfarm Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:06 am

[quote="SnailsAndSlugs"]
    F3N.R1R wrote:
    I was thinking, has anyone experimented with calamity ring + KARMIC JUSTICE? I'm not quite sure how KJ works...is it a static damage amount once the bomb activates no matter how much damage you take?

KJ works strictly off the Magica Adjust in your RIGHT hand oddly enough, nothing to do with the damage you take to set it off. This fairly hillarious video shows the results of clutching a Crystal Tin Catalyst in your right hand while KJ reaps its explosive revenge
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am

[quote="Wrenchfarm"]
    SnailsAndSlugs wrote:
    F3N.R1R wrote:

KJ works strictly off the Magica Adjust in your RIGHT hand oddly enough, nothing to do with the damage you take to set it off. This fairly hillarious video shows the results of clutching a Crystal Tin Catalyst in your right hand while KJ reaps its explosive revenge

.......-goes to forest to do that-
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Good info about Kalameet. +1. This may help to find the true use of the Calamity Ring (if it has one).

Also that thing about the Cryistal Tin Catalyst with KJ is a glitch so please remove it.
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm

Post by Wrenchfarm Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Also that thing about the Cryistal Tin Catalyst with KJ is a glitch so please remove it.

Really? I don't think it is an exploitable glitch like item duping or Dragon Stone bulls***, just the weird and ultimately useless way KJ works.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Not to mention that the KJ is practically useless without it.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:34 pm

seems more like a fix to KJ than a bug to me.
    Also that vid is hilarious - too bad we cant reproduce the awesomeness on the pc version as of now thanks to all those failed summones

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 am