Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
xMalevolence
Phantasmio
Dragon Slayer Ornstein
Dubscythe
8 posters

Should I not even bother with PvP until SL120 Burg?

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Should I not even bother with PvP until SL120 Burg? Empty Should I not even bother with PvP until SL120 Burg?

Post by Dubscythe Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Literally every person I've invaded in Anor Londo (trying to get souls to level) has had 2 tank phantoms. I'm starting to feel like the only person on xbox who doesn't run around with full Havels/Giants.
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Should I not even bother with PvP until SL120 Burg? Empty Re: Should I not even bother with PvP until SL120 Burg?

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Dubscythe wrote:Literally every person I've invaded in Anor Londo (trying to get souls to level) has had 2 tank phantoms. I'm starting to feel like the only person on xbox who doesn't run around with full Havels/Giants.

Don't worry man, you'll be seeing less of that garbage soon, alot of things have been nerfed on the PC version and I think they're bringing the changes to the consoles when the DLC and the updated retail version hits.

Family masks are being nerfed, Dark Wood Grain Ring can now only work at 25% equip burden instead of 50%, Greatswords are now a bit slower and elemental weapons are less powerful.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Should I not even bother with PvP until SL120 Burg? Empty Re: Should I not even bother with PvP until SL120 Burg?

Post by Dubscythe Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Dragon Slayer Ornstein wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:Literally every person I've invaded in Anor Londo (trying to get souls to level) has had 2 tank phantoms. I'm starting to feel like the only person on xbox who doesn't run around with full Havels/Giants.

Don't worry man, you'll be seeing less of that garbage soon, alot of things have been nerfed on the PC version and I think they're bringing the changes to the consoles when the DLC and the updated retail version hits.

Family masks are being nerfed, Dark Wood Grain Ring can now only work at 25% equip burden instead of 50%, Greatswords are now a bit slower and elemental weapons are less powerful.

Yeah I know, October cannot come soon enough.

EDIT: The one time I don't end up fighting a tank and I just get chain backstabbed instead.
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:30 pm

I run around in a black cleric robe, tights, black cloth gloves and a dragon great sword. You aren't alone.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Well, I've started to PvP in the Burg, albeit slightly underleveled (SL: 107). I'm having a lot more fun now and the matches are much more competitive.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:00 pm

I was PvPing in the burg for like 2 hours last night as SL80-90, granted I only won about 5 of the matches, but that has to do more with my lack of skill.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:25 pm

I do PvP at 40 and 55 in Anor. It is great. Many people have phantom helpers (who doesn't look for coop in Anor?). But, that is what the Silver Knights and Sentinels are for. twisted
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 am

Just got destroyed 3 times in a row by a family mask BKGA user. This is fun, this is really fun. I'm not regretting rebuying this for PvP over getting The Witcher 2 at all.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:18 am

Sorry dub. but this is xbox :/ I can have a few matches with you some day if you want.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 am

dancash1808 wrote:Sorry dub. but this is xbox :/ I can have a few matches with you some day if you want.

I dunno, it's freaking frustrating. I'm SL 107 but I figured I could get the rest of the souls needed for SL 120 just by starting Burg now and getting occasional wins. I had some fun matches yesterday even though I lost a lot.

So to start today with 3 losses like to someone like that, especially with the sheer amount of lag involved (the third match he backstabbed me before he even spawned all the way) is INCREDIBLY frustrating.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Dubscythe wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:Sorry dub. but this is xbox :/ I can have a few matches with you some day if you want.

I dunno, it's freaking frustrating. I'm SL 107 but I figured I could get the rest of the souls needed for SL 120 just by starting Burg now and getting occasional wins. I had some fun matches yesterday even though I lost a lot.

So to start today with 3 losses like to someone like that, especially with the sheer amount of lag involved (the third match he backstabbed me before he even spawned all the way) is INCREDIBLY frustrating.

I PvP'd in the burg last night and the only people who were dueling me fairly were BKGA,Giants, and Family Mask users. I honestly don't see the fun in using that setup, but everyone else using normal gear just fished for BS or would try to gank in the middle of an ongoing match.

If you wanna get some souls to lvl honestly I'd suggest going offline and farming either the Black Knights in the Kiln with Silver Serpent ring and Symbol of Avarice or the npcs in the forest with the same setup.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm

When you first start out, you are going to lose a lot. But, the only way to get better is to lose and learn. If you are interested in doing PvP, then dont wait for 120, start earlier. Just, don't start right away. Low level griefers will one shot you, and you learn nothing.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:06 pm

reim0027 wrote:When you first start out, you are going to lose a lot. But, the only way to get better is to lose and learn. If you are interested in doing PvP, then dont wait for 120, start earlier. Just, don't start right away. Low level griefers will one shot you, and you learn nothing.

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely understand that I will lose. Like I said, I PvP'd a lot yesterday and lost 80% of the time, but still enjoyed myself. I just hate it when I run into the standard BKGA tank or get lagstabbed from the other side of the "arena". It's irritating to an extreme.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm pretty sure you're on 360 so im really not sure how the burg is on that console. Lots of people hate burg and some love it, i just look at it as the place all the try hard and serious players go. It sucks cause gankers ruin every area, but for a while burg was the best place to go for 1vs1. Some people dislike it even when they do get 1vs1s because a lot of the players there go all out and do nothing but go for roll bs or use the most powerful strategy they have. I like the burg as a testing ground of sorts, its also obviously pretty challenging. Since Burg is a popular spot for players around the world on ps3 you can get a match there pretty consistently at any time of the day.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm not sure where else I can go for PvP really, from what I've heard almost every other well populated area is worse.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am