Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Hellion7776
reim0027
IV_Mark_VI
infofrog
TehInfamousAmos
Dragon Slayer Ornstein
Pesth
RANT
bjmacman
13 posters

Going for a cleric build......any advice?

bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Going for a cleric build......any advice? Empty Going for a cleric build......any advice?

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:00 pm

I'll go for Astora's straight sword asap as I know it works well with Faith. But what advice can experienced clerics give me? I've been mostly a mage-type character with some strength so I think a Faith-type cleric would be a different approach.

Thanks in advance.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Going for a cleric build......any advice? Empty Re: Going for a cleric build......any advice?

Post by RANT Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 pm

what sl? this is mine http://tinyurl.com/9q2dpsz hope it helps.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Going for a cleric build......any advice? Empty Re: Going for a cleric build......any advice?

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 pm

probably 120 like yours as it seems to be the norm. i like that build you linked to, thanks it has given me a good idea what i could build. it has low dex tho... that must limit the weapons u can use. the man serpent with divine or occult seems to stack well with faith so I guess 50 faith makes it a beast? i'm not too good with parrying tho so a stronger shield would suit me. usually run around with eagle shield
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I like the Classic Cleric type of guy.

bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:57 pm

50 faith is top of my list of skills. that sunlight spear looks bad ***, so it's a matter of getting a few weapons and armour that suit different situations.
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 pm

bjmacman wrote:I'll go for Astora's straight sword asap as I know it works well with Faith. But what advice can experienced clerics give me? I've been mostly a mage-type character with some strength so I think a Faith-type cleric would be a different approach.

Thanks in advance.

I have my own Faith/Dex build and it is a BEAST! my Primary weapon is the Uchi +15, you can actually see my exact build right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIv5anZc168

Let me know what you think, but I recommend similar gear and stats, I love using this!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:10 pm

http://tinyurl.com/d9kc23u

Perhaps this seems suitable?

You could make it so you actually specifically use the grant two handed only and your build would end up like this.

http://tinyurl.com/9mjhgzk
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Dragon Slayer Ornstein wrote:
    bjmacman wrote:I'll go for Astora's straight sword asap as I know it works well with Faith. But what advice can experienced clerics give me? I've been mostly a mage-type character with some strength so I think a Faith-type cleric would be a different approach.

Thanks in advance.

I have my own Faith/Dex build and it is a BEAST! my Primary weapon is the Uchi +15, you can actually see my exact build right here.

Let me know what you think, but I recommend similar gear and stats, I love using this!

That looks a very fun build and pretty effective too. But I'd have to learn to riposte and BS better than I do now big grin

I do like to Uchi too. I've got a maxed lightening and use it a lot. Is the Gyndolin upgradable? I need to have decent strong armour as I seem to get hit gt hit a lot. Gotta learn to dodge too I guess.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:08 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:http://tinyurl.com/d9kc23u

You could make it so you actually specifically use the grant two handed only and your build would end up like this.

Thanks for the ideas. Both of those builds are close to what I might end up with. It'll be a matter of balancing VIT/STR/END and 4 or 5 ATT slots. I might go for the ATT 5 slots and build a different STR/DEX based build.
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:http://tinyurl.com/d9kc23u

Didn't see your post my friend, Baldur's Gate FTW!! big grin
    infofrog
    infofrog
    Casual
    Casual

Post by infofrog Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks in advance.

Great hd capture .
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:34 am

infofrog wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Great hd capture .

Thanks man, I tested it a while ago, it's on the Avermedia HD, it's great.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Pesth wrote:I like the Classic Cleric type of guy.

Wondering why the high(ish) DEX in that build? What was your reasoning for it, was it a particular weapon?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:04 pm

First off, what kind of 'Cleric' are you thinking about?

With a high faith, you can get SLB and DMB which are just nasty and work with a STR build or a DEX Build.

How important is looking/acting/feeling like a cleric?

My Dex/Faith build can use any kind of dex weapon and buff it, with Wrath of God on the side. That's what most of them look like.

Another take would be a warrior of sunlight build, which would be focused on PvE and use Sunlight Spears and such.

Another take is a classic cleric, as posted above, with a mace/morning star/similar weapon, and with healing/utility/offensive miracles.

You can be heavily or lightly armoured, wielding just about any weapon you can think of, with a little or a lot of spells.

Personally, when I think Cleric, I think classic cleric. I'd change the shield and I would use divine weapons, because that's just me and it fits more.

But everyone has a preference. I would clarify your question if you're able, or narrow it down. I mean, Teh's build with the "dark hand"... what kind of a cleric uses a Dark Hand? That's like using Princess Guard miracles on a guy dressed as a Dark Wraith. I wouldn't use it.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:50 pm

I think I'll go for a high DEX/FAI build, it seems to be a good one for good weapons like the SLB and DMB as u rightly say. it means my END and VIT might suffer a bit and that might be a problem as I get hit more than I should. But a good shield and the right armour and rings should help. I've seen WOG used a lot and it looks cool.

Not too worried what I look like but I might try the Way of White if I can wear it, just for the overall effect.

thanks for the tips
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 pm

bjmacman wrote:I think I'll go for a high DEX/FAI build, it seems to be a good one for good weapons like the SLB and DMB as u rightly say. it means my END and VIT might suffer a bit and that might be a problem as I get hit more than I should. But a good shield and the right armour and rings should help. I've seen WOG used a lot and it looks cool.

Not too worried what I look like but I might try the Way of White if I can wear it, just for the overall effect.

thanks for the tips

Silver Knight Shield +5 is where it's at dude, it's a light shield with fantastic stability, I use that shield all the time, I love it, and it looks gorgeous too.

Either that or the Eagle Shield, the Eagle Shield is a TINY bit heavier and has better stability when upgraded to +7 and onwards, at +15 it has great stability, the only problem for me is that you can't parry with it, while with a Silver Knight Shield, you can.

If you already knew all of this then I apologize! but hey, if not, the more you know.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks DSO.....Any info is always welcome. The Eagle+15 is my staple for my 1st 'tank/mage' build coz I'm not that good at parrying. I sometimes use the Silver Knight Shield when I need to reduce my weight a bit and yes it looks cool.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1598438065342712

This is my first shot. yes its SL125. maybe change the rings. what do u think?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:02 pm

Is this for PvE or PvP?
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Mostly PvE but I was going to try out some PvP too.

I just modified it slightly

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4553511285531690
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:39 am

PvE: Way of White works good if you want to coop with people.

Eagle shield is great.

At the start, you have two ways to go, either pump DEX with END/VIT or FTH with END/VIT. I wouldn't try for everything at once. Once you're up to 40 in either DEX/FTH I'd focus on the other stat (and about 25 VIT and 30-35 END).
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:11 am

I'm tempted to go for a 50 FAI build as I think I'd like to try the Sunlight Spear, but I see what you mean.

What do you think of this? don't know why i cant equip the S Spear but that's what I'd go for.
    hhttp://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2177884025061635
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:26 am

bjmacman wrote:I'm tempted to go for a 50 FAI build as I think I'd like to try the Sunlight Spear, but I see what you mean.

What do you think of this? don't know why i cant equip the S Spear but that's what I'd go for.
    hhttp://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2177884025061635

Just a Question, but should Clerics use S Spear? If so, whats the difference between Whites and Sunbros?
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:08 am

Well I started as a cleric so I could quickly get some faith, but I've joined the sunbros with a high faith build to get the S Spear. I don't see a great benefit in being in the way of white over the sunbros. sunbros get the spears miracles and seem to be able to coop easier. i saw 5 signs down heading to the 2st bell.

plus ur sign is GOLD. maybe there are other good reasons for being in the white but i don't know them. Praise the Sun
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:41 am

There's three spears the Sunbro's get, the last needs the soul of Gwyn (Sun Spear I think it's called). You can only cast the last one if you're in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant.

Benefits of the covenants are on the Wiki; both are easier to coop with other people of the same faith, but somehow Way of White is less prone to being invaded apparently.

For PvE, the two early Warriors of Sunlight spells are fine; all of them suck for PvP unless there's a lot of lag. You can't hit much with them, and they're very punishable. They're great for bosses or other enemies.

Personally, I'd go with Warrior of Sunlight, just to get additional Sunlight medals.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Yeah I've seen the spears in PvP and they're not so good, but does a high DEX allow you to cast them quicker? Slow casting seems to be the problem.

I'm thinking of going jolly coop with this build. I can see why the S Spear is a boss killer on 50 FAI.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 pm