Gwynevere's Talisman

Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gwynevere's Talisman

Post by Bloodios on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 pm

So yeah, I have always been overlooking this one (even though it's been in the text dumps for ages.) Anyway, thanks to the guy above, I now know that the description for Gwynevere's Talisman is... Dragon Talismans... Gwynevere and dragons huh... suddenly Priscilla being a love child of Seath and Gwynevere become much more convincing... What do you all think?

Casual

Re: Gwynevere's Talisman

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 am

Bloodios wrote:

So yeah, I have always been overlooking this one (even though it's been in the text dumps for ages.) Anyway, thanks to the guy above, I now know that the description for Gwynevere's Talisman is... Dragon Talismans... Gwynevere and dragons huh... suddenly Priscilla being a love child of Seath and Gwynevere become much more convincing... What do you all think?

Very interesting stuff, it seems that quite a few things were cut from the final product, shame, but we still have an amazing, complete game.

However, I'm somewhat glad that "Escape Death" was left out, seems like an extremely unfair advantage for Faith builds, and kind of negates the tagline and suspense of "Prepare to Die".

"Ahh, dragon slaying. Knighthood's highest calling..." - Hawkeye Gough

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm

That is interesting. Though that still wouldn't convince with the whole Priscilla is Gywnevere and Seath's daughter thing. I believe the biggest thing that disproves that theory is Gywnevere's father, Gywn, and brother, Gywndolin. Look at the size of those two. At max I'll say they stand somewhere around 15ft. Everyone takes the illusion of Gywnevere to be the actual Gywnevere but I honestly think that really Gywnevere is only about the same size as her father and brother and the illusion's size is what it is, just an illusion by Gywndolin so the player will be in awe of her. I don't think she is at all a 50ft goddess like the illusion. That's what makes me throw out the whole Priscilla daughter theory.

I think that Priscilla was just an experiment by Seath that was a bit more successful then most.

But interesting find none the less. Just wanted to throw my thoughts out there about Gywnevere and Seath theory.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm

peope really need to read the description of escape death, its not secoond chance, its bassicallhy a ring of sacrifice which wouldve been awesome for pve'rs

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:47 pm

What Argetlam says is very true. Very interesting though I would love to have Gwyny's talisman. And Escape Death is awesome reminds me of Second Chance from DeS, not as OP.

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

RantFromRant wrote:peope really need to read the description of escape death, its not secoond chance, its bassicallhy a ring of sacrifice which wouldve been awesome for pve'rs

I disagree, a Ring of Sacrifice is rare for a new player, and they have to remember to be careful, granted I don't know how much Faith would have been needed for "Escape Death", but if it was available for lower levels then it would have negated the tagline "Prepare to Die".

Glad they cut it really, it enriches the PvE experience and means you have to actually think about what you're doing, or you could face consequences.

"Ahh, dragon slaying. Knighthood's highest calling..." - Hawkeye Gough

Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Argetlam350 wrote:That is interesting. Though that still wouldn't convince with the whole Priscilla is Gywnevere and Seath's daughter thing. I believe the biggest thing that disproves that theory is Gywnevere's father, Gywn, and brother, Gywndolin. Look at the size of those two. At max I'll say they stand somewhere around 15ft. Everyone takes the illusion of Gywnevere to be the actual Gywnevere but I honestly think that really Gywnevere is only about the same size as her father and brother and the illusion's size is what it is, just an illusion by Gywndolin so the player will be in awe of her. I don't think she is at all a 50ft goddess like the illusion. That's what makes me throw out the whole Priscilla daughter theory.

I think that Priscilla was just an experiment by Seath that was a bit more successful then most.

But interesting find none the less. Just wanted to throw my thoughts out there about Gywnevere and Seath theory.
    Priscillia is about the same size, a little bigger. But then, Seathe is ALOT bigger too....

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm

[quote="Slarg232] Priscillia is about the same size, a little bigger. But then, Seathe is ALOT bigger too....[/quote]

Yeah. I guess perhaps another theory could be Priscilla might of been a child of Gywnevere that Seath stole and experimented on, but I don't know. I'm just not a big fan of Gywnevere and Priscilla having any sort of relation. I really think they have no family connection.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Dragon Slayer Ornstein wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:peope really need to read the description of escape death, its not secoond chance, its bassicallhy a ring of sacrifice which wouldve been awesome for pve'rs

I disagree, a Ring of Sacrifice is rare for a new player, and they have to remember to be careful, granted I don't know how much Faith would have been needed for "Escape Death", but if it was available for lower levels then it would have negated the tagline "Prepare to Die".

Glad they cut it really, it enriches the PvE experience and means you have to actually think about what you're doing, or you could face consequences.

the maority of the people on their first run spent their souls upgrading or leveling up their build since losing them is a *****, on my st run never had more than 1k souls t ay given time cause i upgraded as soon a i got souls so that i didnt have to trow the controller out the window from the enemies killing or some duche invading me and ohko me with a lightning BK . second chance was the one that was op,specially for duels. escape death would help peole on lower levels the most because of those damn griefers.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 am