Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

PvP Dafaq...

joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP Dafaq... Empty PvP Dafaq...

Post by joeclone Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 pm

hey all. so i have finally started playing some PvP...i'm doing....as would be expected i am not great. most of the time i get put up against someone there friend in hiding sneaks up to bs me. but im getting some wins.

here is my major question / concern. several times. opponents have walked straight through my body and instantly backstabed me with out even turning around. WTF?

anyway my pyro is not doing terrible, to be about 20 sls underpowered.

any tips would be appreciated. big grin
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP Dafaq... Empty Re: PvP Dafaq...

Post by FattyOfDoom Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 pm

What they are doing is lag stabbing you, when a player runs straight at you, just walk backwards.

A good tip would be don't expect players to play by the rules, always have a back-up plan ready. If the host heals? BS him.

Oh, and for another tip, try sticking to the Undead Burg for more "Honorable" PvP, but if you are getting whooped there, just do some random PvP until your skill increases.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm still pretty inexperienced in PvP also, but I can probably safely say you're experiencing lag. :/ Sometimes you'll roll away from another player just to find yourself getting sucked back into a backstab animation, and it sucks. Basically, if the other player sees you in a position where they can backstab you, they will be able to execute the move because even if you rolled away, the roll may have not registered on their screens yet.

Happens a lot more with Japanese players, simply due to distance lag between the players.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Practice x10. Also, try to counter bs the opponent when they start fishing. By circling one way then changing direction, you can usually get behind a circle fisher. If you think you're going to get poise bsed, use a weapon with a wide swing arc and turn around while you swing. If you hit the opponent at the same time you get backstabbed, the bs will get canceled; the animation will play but you won't take any damage. Against roll bs you could try a pivot parry but that's tricky. Anyway, expect to die a lot from backstabs while you're new. It's ridiculously easy for anyone decently experienced to get behind a new player, you just have to learn to avoid it.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:44 am

oh i am getting better happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm