Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Serious_Much
Forgetfulness
Onion Knight
bloodpixel
3DHero
Isaren
Bioraptor
menzinho
Pandamage22
WandererReece
Noob-of-Artorias
Azran
StarScarJenova
RANT
carlucio
TehInfamousAmos
Revoltage
vegan666
kiwi_commander
divinebeanpole
Slarg232
Tolvo
LordRevan
Spurgun
Sun Bruh
29 posters

What would you like to see in a sequel?

Poll

What would you like to see MORE of?

[ 5 ]
    What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 7 ]
    What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 5 ]
    [ 12 ]
    What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 8 ]
    What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [17%] 

Total Votes: 46
    Sun Bruh
    Sun Bruh

What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you like to see in a sequel?

Post by Sun Bruh Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Azran wrote:Crude firearms.

OMG YES. I would love this. Nothing more than muskets and derringers though. Diversionary things like smoke bombs could be fun too.

I'd also really like to see split-screen co-op and a gamemode dedicated to PVP, unlocked after beating the game, where you can choose whatever armor and weapons and magic you want for every match.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you like to see in a sequel?

Post by menzinho Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:52 pm

SPELL TYPES SPELL TYPES ADD NECROMANCY!!! LET THE ENDLESS ARMY OF HACKED SKELETONS **** YOOOU!!!! would be neatly sweet tough... imagine, just freaking imagine...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Pandamage22 wrote:This isn't on the list but I would have to say armor. I'm tired of seeing people wearing the same armor all the time.

the only reason you see wcweyone wear the same armor is because EVERYONE stacks poise and def because the really wanna win,
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 am

Guns, good god no.

I also think there are plenty of armour and weapons, but people all use the same ****. I more choose y armour based on the aesthetics of it, hence running around in black knight armour, cause it looks badass!
    Sun Bruh
    Sun Bruh

Post by Sun Bruh Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 am

what about a climbing system like in SotC or Dragon's Dogma
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:37 am

Pandamage22 wrote:This isn't on the list but I would have to say armor. I'm tired of seeing people wearing the same armor all the time.

Yeah good one,although I am in the way of thinking what ever Armour they did give us would be sifted out to finds the best then over used just like DkS Armour is now.

So it would not be long before we all started walking around in the same Armour again.
    Sun Bruh
    Sun Bruh

Post by Sun Bruh Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 am

Bioraptor wrote:

Yeah good one,although I am in the way of thinking what ever Armour they did give us would be sifted out to finds the best then over used just like DkS Armour is now.

So it would not be long before we all started walking around in the same Armour again.

limit the amount of times that different armors can be upgraded so that all armors have the same stats at their highest level in comparison to their weight. Get rid of individual weights and just put all armors into 3-5 weight classes. Make sure every armor in the game has a secondary quality (like resistances, buffs etc) so that people don't all just go with the armor that looks coolest.
    Isaren
    Isaren

Post by Isaren Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Tossed my vote into lore as I'd like some closure to all the questions I have rattling around my brain. However, a "more armor" or an "all of the above" button would have sufficed too.
    3DHero
    3DHero
    Casual
    Casual

Post by 3DHero Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm

I wounldn't mind seeing more embers in the game like, poison or dragon or even water. bounce
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Katanas not destroying everything.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:22 am

Having the Demon's Souls upgrade system with Dark Souls reduced farming = success.
    Forgetfulness
    Forgetfulness

Post by Forgetfulness Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:33 pm

More of everything, pretty much.

Although, more armor, weapons, upgrade paths, and lore would be preferred over everything else.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 am

3DHero wrote:I wounldn't mind seeing more embers in the game like, poison or dragon or even water. bounce

A water ember? How in the world would that work?What would you like to see in a sequel? - Page 2 2707236321

Also, bring back being summoned as the boss, and magic made from boss souls.8)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:28 am

Well, i'll say more of everything except the art/scenery styles. I think the very dark repressed and lonely world that FROM manages to craft in both the souls games is ideal for the series, it's one part i wouldn't wish to change.. well unless they make it even more dark and perhaps add a bit more fear into the game.

but yeah, gimme the full house, though i don't really want a conventional sequel, just another installment of the series.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:02 pm

More everything, but ...

• More upgrade paths for weapons and armor - keep the materials-required stream-lined, but maybe more tabs / embers / something in the upgrade UI. Bring back stat-specific upgrades!
    • Ability to upgrade Armour in multiple ways - be able to focus on a specific resistance type/etc.
    • More optional areas / mini-bosses / etc
    • More boss-soul upgrade options
    • Better balancing of damage types
    • More obvious physical-resist benefits/drawbacks - I really like the concept of 'this mace is better than this spear against X Armour/enemy type'
    • More hidden areas, shot-cuts, secretes
    • Bring back dedicated servers for co-op, P2P has given me nothing but headaches
    • Fleshed out covenant system, more pro's/con's to each - and stricter penalties for jumping between them. More levels within them, and more rewards
    • Larger levels, and multi-part levels, why not flesh out an entire dungeon portion to a place like Sens? or have some more involved wings in an area like Anor Londo?
    • Proper PC port from the outset
    • More control over summons/etc -- I used to be in the 'keep things ghostly and random' camp, but now wishing I could just summon a person off of my friends list. Keep with the soap stones/summon signs, but maybe add a 'Summon Stone' that a host can use to pull in a person off of their friends list, but still keep 'place down a sign that anyone can click on'.
    • More items/upgrades that can only be gotten with multiple NG+
    • More ways to leverage the environment for both general-trash enemies and for boss encounters, in both offensive and defensive ways
    • Multiple ways to take out a boss fight, have some of the 'hardmode' ways, and maybe some of the 'easymode' ways (ie: Ceaseless Discharge) -- maybe have special rewards for going about things the hard way. Can let people progress the story by cheaping out, but offer a nice reward for doing it the hard way.
    • Keep the balance of 'can spend 90-100 hours in one play through / speed-run it in an hour or two if you know what your doing'.
    • Keep with the open-world layout, interlocking areas, short-cuts, but still have a central 'hub' that things keep tying back into.
    • Ability to re-spawn boss-encounters, maybe only as a 'challenge mode' that makes them much harder
    • Environmental hazards/traps, bonus points if they can be triggered/re-set by invading players
    • A few levels / bosses that are more about mood and atmosphere than straight-up difficulty

I also wouldn't mind it if it wasn't another game in the Souls series, but another game that was more 'in the spirit of' --- lots of FROM games seem to borrow ideas from each-other (Kings Field, Shadow Tower, etc), wouldn't mind seeing something a little new/different but keeping with the overall spirit of the game.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Everything, but specifically:
    -Aimed crossbows (sniper crossbow has a scope and can't be aimed!)
    -More weapon types, things get boring dodging the same attacks over and over
    -Splitscreen coop, you get a constant partner except items, spells, armor, weapons, and souls are split, making you lower level and keeping things hard overall.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Good axes.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Good online system. They took the cheap way out. but they know. So I guess it will be better nontheless. happy

I agree with e82, who said;

Bring back dedicated servers for co-op, P2P has given me nothing but headaches
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Better Archery. better lock on system for sorceries, pvp rooms and a invitation mode.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:32 pm