Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Dragon Slayer Ornstein
sendicard
6 posters

Weird experience drop inconsistency in invasion..

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Weird experience drop inconsistency in invasion.. Empty Weird experience drop inconsistency in invasion..

Post by sendicard Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Alright so I got bored of getting shot in the face by silver knights on my no-level run character and decided to go play on my co-op character with two of my friends.

Well eventually we get bored after a good 3 bosses and decided to see who has the most skill with their character by invading each other via red sign.

Well I was ripping them to shreds every time as host, sadly it appears I am the better egg.

The problem is with the experience amount per kill. Our co-op characters were made for just that, to cooperate with each other and get the most out of the jolly co-op system. So were were indeed staying within the same 10 levels the entire game.

Well, every time I killed one of them I would get a good 25000 or so souls, eventually they got sick of dying and wanted to try host so they could get some humanity and maybe some experience off each other. This is when I noticed the problem.

When they killed the other, they would get a good 25000 souls, however if for any reason I died, it was a fraction of that. I accidentally spaced out and rolled off a cliff and instead of getting 25000, they got 5000. I gave the game benefit of a glitch and tried again. This time I just let them kill me. 5000 souls.

Thought the game might have a detection for that kind of thing in play so I put up a fake fight and once again, 5000 souls.

Now I have a lot of fun dueling them and all, but it has been shown over and over again that killing me for them is like killing a boss, it should be rewarded and be filled with silent partying. However the game is rewarding them with less exp? Wha?

Anyone know what is going on here? We are now level 110 in new game+ and get about 33000 off the each other. I on the other hand still only drop about 6000.

I narrowed it down myself to a few things that I am curious about. I am normally a good 3 or 4 levels above them because of all the excess exp that I get from never losing my exp while I wait for them to level up... And stop dying. Could the minimal level difference be the problem? The only other thing I could think of would be if it had something to do with me being a Darkmoon, but I doubt it.

Could it have something to do with my higher skill? As in, does the game have some kind of weird detection there, like is it denying them the exp because it assumes I let them kill me based off previous recorded abilities? I seriously doubt it but it is possible in technicality...

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Weird experience drop inconsistency in invasion.. Empty Re: Weird experience drop inconsistency in invasion..

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:55 am

Tested it on three new occasions, still happening. I am now giving 8000 while they give 50000.

Last edited by sendicard on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong wording.)
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Weird experience drop inconsistency in invasion.. Empty Re: Weird experience drop inconsistency in invasion..

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 am

I invaded another player once, managed to beat him at Level 50 with my Mage build, and got over a million souls, no joke.

My friend concluded that he must have been at the maximum level, 792 or something... I don't fully understand how the calculations work and what's taken into account when defeating another player, obviously SL has alot to do with it, the AMOUNT of souls that a player has on them might also be taken into account.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:24 am

I had taken that into consideration and through testing with different soul amounts and levels, I have concluded that soul level seems to be the only deciding factor. Which is why this perplexes me. We actually are at the same level now, so why the major difference in exp for our characters. It is confusing, very much so.

Congrats on the max level kill though, as a Darkmoon I am sometimes up against very low level players depending on their sin, and I must say it is very hard for someone of significantly lower level to do any damage. Did he kill himself or are you just that good?

Or you know, was he trolling. Because legitimate defenses and damage states that it would be pretty much impossible to kill someone that high level at level 50 if he was taking you seriously.

Last edited by sendicard on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Note:)
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Dragon Slayer Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dragon Slayer Ornstein Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 am

sendicard wrote:I had taken that into consideration and through testing with different soul amounts and levels, I have concluded that soul level seems to be the only deciding factor. Which is why this perplexes me. We actually are at the same level now, so why the major difference in exp for our characters. It is confusing, very much so.

Congrats on the max level kill though, as a Darkmoon I am sometimes up against very low level players depending on their sin, and I must say it is very hard for someone of significantly lower level to do any damage. Did he kill himself or are you just that good?

Or you know, was he trolling. Because legitimate defenses and damage states that it would be pretty much impossible to kill someone that high level at level 50 if he was taking you seriously.

No he didn't kill himself lol, it was in Anor Londo, near the boss room, it was a pure Mage build that I used (and still have), pretty much every stat point I had was poured into Intelligence, or most of them anyway, I had around 44 I think at the time, combined with the buffs, Power Within and items like the Crown of Dusk and the Bellowing Dragon's Crest Ring, you can do SERIOUS damage.

It took me two Crystal Soul Spears to take him down if I remember correctly, and I think I just used Logan's Catalyst. He was wearing full Havel's I think, so maybe he could have been trolling lol, but he seemed to be trying, I think the fight went on for a few minutes, but I couldn't believe that I got that many souls.

Sorry I can't give you a real answer on your initial question though, I myself would like to know what factors are taken into account, hopefully someone else will know.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 am

I hope so.

I have found a lot of people in Havel's seem to be trolling. It could be possible though, I have definitely experienced getting slammed with power magics and those do some pretty decent damage. Havel's equips are major physical though, they kind of suck against a mage so... I would think he would change if he was too serious, I mean, no way in hell he didn't have better. Although it is possible he didn't think he would need it as level difference is normally pretty obvious.

I have noticed most magic are actually very easy to dodge though, most of the time I only get hit because of lag. Either the magic just didn't show up (rare), or a homing didn't actual home on my screen so I couldn't dodge. There is always the "they got my by surprise." That happens every once in a while. Although normally only something like Fire Tempest from behind a wall or something.

Regardless, I wasn't there so I can't say if he was really trying or not. I kind of doubt he was at full but then again, I can't really say. Seriously though, congratulations on that kill regardless. Even if he wasn't serious the level difference would make that a hard battle.

Hope someone can solve my mystery soon though. Or at least work on it, I am doing some myself but it is pretty much a dead set of experiments until I think of something. Maybe I will just red sign soapstone and have him kill me in tons of different ways, until I can figure out any inconsistencies.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:49 pm

hosts get 50% of the ammount of souls that the invader needed to reach his current level.
    invaders get only 10% of the ammount of souls that the host needed to reach his current level.

i couldn't understand your and your friends position(host or invader) well, but makes a bit of sense

Last edited by dianaduh on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 pm

dianaduh wrote:hosts get 50% of the ammount of souls that the invader needed to reach his current level
    invaders get only 10%

i couldn't understand your and your friends position(host or invader) well, but makes a bit of sense

That formula just doesn't make sense.

By that logic, when your invaded by a level 10 or so, as the orbs have no level cap; you would get more experience if your invader was lower level. This would make grinding invaders in lower level areas more effective, which simply isn't so. I actually did it earlier today.....

Thanks for trying though, however I have already tried both ways as I had an idea similar idea myself at first, just not with all the mathematical percentages. They both work exactly the same for me.

Last edited by sendicard on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Improper English, whoops.)
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:03 pm

well, if the invader is sl 10, he'd give you about 405 souls when killed, this is nothing
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 pm

That's what it is and been confirmed though. As a host you gain 50% of the phantoms souls that is required for him to level up, and as the phantom you get 10% of the same number. White phantoms should get 25%, because they get half what the host does.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks for the formula, didn't realize that.

If you use this tool:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

It tells you how many souls you need to get to that level. So say you're level 110. The tool says you need to spend: 2676589 souls. It also says the number of souls needed to get from lvl 109-110 is: 74367.

So I'm assuming if the forumla is right, it would use the 74367 number. So if you're the host and you kill an invader, you get 37k. If you're an invader and kill the host, you get 7.4k.

No idea if those numbers are right, but that's what dianaduh is saying.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 pm

here https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/mini-calcs
    this link you sent says every soul you need since you started playing, but it's actually the souls you needed from the previous lvl to current lvl
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm

ICEFANG wrote:That's what it is and been confirmed though. As a host you gain 50% of the phantoms souls that is required for him to level up, and as the phantom you get 10% of the same number. White phantoms should get 25%, because they get half what the host does.

Yes I can see that as the actual method. Grammar is incredibly important.

"hosts get 50% of the ammount of souls that the invader needed to reach his current level
    invaders get only 10%"

Look at that wording very closely, you should see where I made the error.

Host gets 50% of the amount of souls that the invader needed to reach his current level. Without a sentence end or a comma, proper leaves me to assume we are still talking about host. By talking about host that means that the lower level the invader, the higher the amount the difference to get to the hosts level is. Meaning a level 700 would get over a million souls from a single level 10 or so invader.

That is where I made my mistake, word order is very important.

I can however understand that as the actual method. This game is glitch filled and I can easily place the very fact that it has been the same amount both ways for me, on a glitch.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:55 pm

i apologize then.
    already fixed it.
    also, if there's an english mistake it's becase it's not my native language.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Yeah. That wouldn't make any sense though, as you pointed out. Also, Dark Souls attracts gamers of all ages, so assume some posters are 13/14. Plus gamers are not normally interested in grammar. Gets in the way of being l33t and pwning n00bs. Or is it teh hardcorez now? I can never remember.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm

dianaduh wrote:i apologize then.
    already fixed it.
    also, if there's an english mistake it's becase it's not my native language.

No worries, I can understand English errors, half the people with it as their native language can't speak it; your fine. Your error was very minor, if you don't write stories I wouldn't worry about it.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Yeah. That wouldn't make any sense though, as you pointed out. Also, Dark Souls attracts gamers of all ages, so assume some posters are 13/14. Plus gamers are not normally interested in grammar. Gets in the way of being l33t and pwning n00bs. Or is it teh hardcorez now? I can never remember.

Neither can I.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

It's "you're fine" not "your fine" sendicard. big grin
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:It's "you're fine" not "your fine" sendicard. big grin

I just got done saying half of us don't know how to speak the language.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Ha ha. Just poking at you for your post at someone's grammar.

No offence intended! Just some light teasing.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:49 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Ha ha. Just poking at you for your post at someone's grammar.

No offence intended! Just some light teasing.

Oh like that wasn't obvious. I was placing up a reply to yours in what I considered a comical way. However, I kind of haven't slept in an overly long time and need it because I can't even dodge in dark souls anymore. I'm just dying... Over, and over again.

So, I'm thinking I am going to do that. You know, donate my face to my pillow.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:51 pm

You're just dying, over and over again in Dark Souls? Say it ain't so! This isn't a game where you die and die and... wait...
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:08 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:You're just dying, over and over again in Dark Souls? Say it ain't so! This isn't a game where you die and die and... wait...

Oh god! Does that mean I just suck! :affraid:

Anyway, I normally die because the enemies are overly hard, or I screw up and fall off a cliff. I am dying from regular hollows because I am just not paying attention to anything anymore. My eyes are shut off.

Nice one though!
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Yeah. That wouldn't make any sense though, as you pointed out. Also, Dark Souls attracts gamers of all ages, so assume some posters are 13/14. Plus gamers are not normally interested in grammar. Gets in the way of being l33t and pwning n00bs. Or is it teh hardcorez now? I can never remember.

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally prefer to write correctly when it comes to something such as a forum. It's much more pleasant to read something that's composed decently. Doesn't have to be perfect; if you at least look like you tried to use correct grammar, that's usually good enough for me.

Now, on the other hand if I'm replying to a quick PSN message or something...say, a friend is waiting for me to summon him, I'll totally shoot back "ok brt" and use shorthand if I'm in a hurry. Around here though, I'll generally make my written conversation look "pretty". happy
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:22 am

I try to use proper at all times. It is simply something I enjoy doing, leaves less confusion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 pm