Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[Prototpe] (SL 53) Karmic Justice Build

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

[Prototpe] (SL 53) Karmic Justice Build Empty [Prototpe] (SL 53) Karmic Justice Build

Post by Seignar Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 pm

http://tinyurl.com/94xdhvv
    I'll just ask: What incites you to savagely attack your opponent?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

[Prototpe] (SL 53) Karmic Justice Build Empty Re: [Prototpe] (SL 53) Karmic Justice Build

Post by FinPeku Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 pm

No red tearstone ring?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

[Prototpe] (SL 53) Karmic Justice Build Empty Re: [Prototpe] (SL 53) Karmic Justice Build

Post by Seignar Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 pm

No. Karmic Justice will deal 800 at this time. Which is like a massive damage if you whittle down their HP. The use of Red Tear Stone has always been situational to me because of heavy hitters or backstabs, ant it would only boost damage to 1100, which having to be at 20% for 300 more damage is a bit...impractical. 800 is good enough. Without Hornet's Ring I would lose damage output.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:55 am

I tested kj and it sucked, I needed to get hit a lot in order to trigger it and I used spears or rapier and since most people will kill you with three hits or one backstab it just is a waste of a att slot.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:16 am

I did some few battles with it. Turns out this is the ultimate surprise attack against Homing Soulmass users. If you block them all, KJ instantly triggers and blows up in their face. Have you tried with a shield that doesn't have 100% defenses? Damage that bypasses the shield counts towards KJ, no matter how low.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 am

I did try with the grass shield but there's no a lot of people that use hcsm hat I've seen unless you invade in the dukes.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 am

It's actually better than that, often spell "hits" count even if you roll through them and don't take damage thanks to invincibility frames. So you can often roll through a HCSM for zero damage and still have it trigger. Roll straight at them for the best results.

Some things I haven't managed to test but really want to know:

-- do non-damage attacks like Force or Dragon roar still count as "hits" (ideally yes, so you can KJ the dragon roar glitchers). There does seem to be a difference between 100% physical blocking (which does not count as being hit) and being hit but taking 0 damage.

-- do status effects like poison that cause timed damage count. In other words, could you purposefully poison yourself and use that as basically a timed fuse for your KJ detonation

-- why is it so hard to actually set up a monkey knife fight
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm afraid I won't be able to test stuff (or make builds) for quite a while (or a long time), but I can answer that Dragon Roar does not trigger KJ (Least Oswald's KJ didn't trigger)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:32 am