Has anyone ever done this?

Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Has anyone ever done this?

Post by Bloodios on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:11 am

... I have never thought of that...
    Seriously! Why the heck have I never thought of that?
    Jeez, I feel so stupid right now!
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:13 am

@vageta31- Really?

Only the Sorcerer is lower when it comes to total starting stats at 82, as the Cleric is equal to a Pyro at 84 and a Thief has more at 86. But this is all immaterial, as each class has it's strong points, and so at the end of the day it all comes down to how you choose to play the game.

vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:19 am

I should have clarified it better. I was more getting at the fact that if a pyro raised his level to that of any of the other starting classes then he'd have more stat points than them. I believe the wanderer is equal in this department. They're SL 3 but have more starting stat points than others would have at level 3.

SL 1 pyro is a good run if it's your first challenge, but it's not the most difficult even without Pyro. They get 12 str which allows the use of many different shields which end up being a crutch for many. Starting as a class with 10 or less str reduces the amount of good shields and force you to learn how to dodge attacks as you'll never have high enough stability to block many attacks. Also most low str classes get low vit/end as well so they also have less stamina and health making blocking even harder.

Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:35 am

@vageta31- No one has said that it was the most challenging run, and for most it would be challenging enough, but if it's a challenge you're after how about trying a SL3 Sorcerer no sorcerey starting equipment only run?

Or you could go the whole hog and do a SL3 Sorcerer (the class with the lowest Vit, End, and Str) no sorcerey, naked, no shield, bare fist run? :affraid:

The point is this game can be as hard as you wish to make it, but would it be fun?

vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 am

I agree with ya. I was just explaining to Bloodlos that an "sl 1" isn't required for a challenge run, and that some of the other classes are more challenging even if they start at a higher level. I just went off tangent a bit.

Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:03 am

I understand that, and I didn't mean to come across like I was having a pop at you.

For what it's worth I totally agree with you that a SL1 is not the be all and end all when it comes to challenge runs, it is what it is a challenge in it's own right. After all, even the seemingly hardest challenges have their 'easy' moments. Take a SL3 Sorcerer, no sorcery, starting equipment only run for instance. Whilst a SL3 Sorcerer may appear to be the weakest class on paper (with it's low Vit, End, and Str stats), I can guarentee that it's high DPS dagger will start to look pretty damn good when you eventually come to squaring up to the Four Kings, arguably the hardest Boss in the game, especially if you've taken the time to fully upgrade it beforehand.

I like a challenge as much as the next person, but what's the point if the challenge is so great that it's no longer fun to play?

That's why I could never see myself doing a SL3 Sorcerer, no sorcerey, naked, no shield, bare fist run, even though I know that I have the capabilities to give it a good shot. big grin
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:49 pm

If you really encounter something that proves to be impossible to beat down bare fisted , you can always consider summoning a phantom with regular weapons to help you out.

That way you can keep carrying onwards and have fun with your challenge still.

Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Azran wrote:Bare fists do almost no damage without buffs or hyper mode. I'd recommend fist weapons, Power Within, and Red Tearstone Ring.

Maybe add some Fireballs, and be Ryu.

:shock: A ryu and ken co-op build would make my life

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:42 am