What weapons do you want to see in the DLC?

PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What weapons do you want to see in the DLC?

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm not sure what new weapons have been confirmed in the new DLC, if any, but what whould you, the community, like to see? Personally, I would like to see a chain whip that does some good damage, and would work on not just light armor, but heavy armor, maybe even a ball and chain.

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: What weapons do you want to see in the DLC?

Post by Seignar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:08 am

A new thunder whip has been confirmed to be released in the DLC, but we don't know what its stats are.
    Also, Artorias' Soul used to make the Soulsucker sorcery? Farming made easier happy

PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 am

nice! I was hoping for another whip, I guess from had to experement with the whip first before making the game with like 6 to start. but seriously, a ball and chain would be awesome.

Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 am

Some sort of Claymore with a S scaling in Str, and B scaling in Dex.

PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:16 am

That would be nice, maybe they will fix the scaling so that elemental weps won't always be better then normal +15, from everything I have tried, elementals always better.

Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 am

Honestly, I'd rather some balance adjustments over new stuff any day.

For instance, what is the point of the Thorn Armor? It gives you worse defense than almost any other Medium set, and the damage you gain for it is negligable.

Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 am

PaPaSmVrf wrote:That would be nice, maybe they will fix the scaling so that elemental weps won't always be better then normal +15, from everything I have tried, elementals always better.

By themselves they are.

That's why your supposed to buff them with either spells or Resins silly

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:20 am

Slarg232 wrote:Honestly, I'd rather some balance adjustments over new stuff any day.

For instance, what is the point of the Thorn Armor? It gives you worse defense than almost any other Medium set, and the damage you gain for it is negligable.

It lets you stagger people who don't have poise just by flipping against them, it's hilarious.

Also, NO! Why do people rely so much on buffs?! I will ALWAYS be bothered by the idea that you NEED a buff on something like a G.Halberd!

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:22 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Some sort of Claymore with a S scaling in Str, and B scaling in Dex.

That would be ridiculously OP. I hope they don't implement something like that.

It could throw PvP more out-of-balance than it already is. How could players with non-DLC equipment ever compete with the people who have these godly weapons?

Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:22 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:Honestly, I'd rather some balance adjustments over new stuff any day.

It lets you stagger people who don't have poise just by flipping against them, it's hilarious.

Also, NO! Why do people rely so much on buffs?! I will ALWAYS be bothered by the idea that you NEED a buff on something like a G.Halberd!

How often do you run into people who don't have poise? Just wondering, the armor looks sweet as hell but it just doesn't do what armor is supposed to do; defend.

And personally, I don't. I love my Elemental Claymores far too much. But that's why +15 exists on none S/A scaling weapons, I always thought silly

PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:25 am

cloudyeki wrote:

I agree, the only buffs I have ever used were the 3 golden pine resins from burg, I never buff, so better stat adjustment would be my prefrence over elemental. and I would love to just PvP in full thorn armor, DWGR, with 99 stamina and just flip all day, everyday.

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:25 am

I just prefer smacking people to death with weapons. No need to add on something as silly as glitter or lemon juice when I can chip away at them easily and stay out of there reach.

As for the no poise, ALOT of people in the burg, and dragons.

SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:31 am

Why do you rely so much on pyromancy my flaming friend? Buffs are just as valid as any other magic or item. I really don't understand why there is so much hate for them. It's rather easy to simply avoid the person until the buff times out; people do it to me all the time and then I fight unbuffed. Why does everybody use elemental weapons? Because they exist and are good. GC is good, WoG is good, HCSM is good which is why people use them. DWGR is good so people use it. Eki thats how the game is as I'm sure you know. Buffs are simply one of many options available to deal damage. Sorry to rant/lecture but as a DM I get kinda annoyed when people complain about buffs when there is so much worse stuff out there.

Covenants:
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:31 am

I want Chains...Kinda like the whip but Chains...
    Backstab= taking the chain and choking them from behind...Ahhh i would enjoy that...

Parry: Roll the chain around their neck...And choke them...

Super Backstab (Hornet ring) : Taking the chain, roll it around thier neck. AND FORCE THEM INTO THE GROUND WHILE CHOKING THEM.

Super Parry: Force them into the ground. roll them over (So they are laying on their stomac) Take the chain around their neck. AND BREAK IT.

Moveset: Instead of using the Whip move set it could be something like:

Normal attack: A Standard whip ''swing''

Heavy attack: Swings the whip around in circles while holding it over the head.

Jumping forward attack: A swing whit the Chains so it covers 180 grades infront of you.

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Move set :3)

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 am

Ball and Chain, I would rather have this than any whip imaginable.
    And I want Fluted armor :3
    and an Axe with a decent moveset, compared to DeS axes DkS ones suck big time.

passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 am

I want to see some sai. And some pole weapon. Not a halberd or something. Just a pole.

pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:Why do you rely so much on pyromancy my flaming friend? Buffs are just as valid as any other magic or item. I really don't understand why there is so much hate for them. It's rather easy to simply avoid the person until the buff times out; people do it to me all the time and then I fight unbuffed. Why does everybody use elemental weapons? Because they exist and are good. GC is good, WoG is good, HCSM is good which is why people use them. DWGR is good so people use it. Eki thats how the game is as I'm sure you know. Buffs are simply one of many options available to deal damage. Sorry to rant/lecture but as a DM I get kinda annoyed when people complain about buffs when there is so much worse stuff out there.

See, I DON'T rely heavily on Pyromancy. The pyro thing is just something I do for the Alvina thread for morale support (it gets a bit depressing fighting gankers nonstop and feeling like you aren't doing anything). It's a tool (not a crutch) that I use in tandem with melee, poison knives, and flipping. There's a difference between needing a buff to win and just having it.

It's why when a duel starts and you switch to a talisman I'll pepper you with arrows. If you're gonna buff you're gonna have to use those hits wisely, since you won't be swinging too much. I feel like the DM covenant exists not to punish the d*cks of the world, but just to house the awesomeness that is glitter. I don't mean to sound like an ***, but I've fought too many DMs that I just have to dodge and poke that I just don't wanna fight them any more.

@jester, change the HR parry. Wrap chain around there neck, turn around, haul chain over shoulder and snap there neck while you throw them to the ground.

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:43 am

How often do you run into people who don't have poise? Just wondering,
    the armor looks sweet as hell but it just doesn't do what armor is
    supposed to do; defend.
    Thorn Armor is the only armor set that can consistently defend you against lagstabs. For me, that armor is the best armor in the game. I have to have a piece of it in every single build I have.

Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 am

I use it because it looks awesome. The ultimate solution to crappy defenses? Dont get hit.

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 am

Or the steel plate ring.

Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 am

Well, at 40 Str, Dex, Int, and Faith. I have 661 Damage with the Greatsword of Artorias (Non-Cursed)

The reason I rather just have a scaling with two stats, instead of four. It is annoying that I had to waste so much time to make the GSOA the best weapon without a buff. (Not counting Grant and it's 751 scale ).

PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 am

passivefamiliar wrote:I want to see some sai. And some pole weapon. Not a halberd or something. Just a pole.

Lol get some nunchucks and turtle armor and you got the most awesome plot for TMNT

SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    SunlightCrusader wrote:Why do you rely so much on pyromancy my flaming friend? Buffs are just as valid as any other magic or item. I really don't understand why there is so much hate for them. It's rather easy to simply avoid the person until the buff times out; people do it to me all the time and then I fight unbuffed. Why does everybody use elemental weapons? Because they exist and are good. GC is good, WoG is good, HCSM is good which is why people use them. DWGR is good so people use it. Eki thats how the game is as I'm sure you know. Buffs are simply one of many options available to deal damage. Sorry to rant/lecture but as a DM I get kinda annoyed when people complain about buffs when there is so much worse stuff out there.

See, I DON'T rely heavily on Pyromancy. The pyro thing is just something I do for the Alvina thread for morale support (it gets a bit depressing fighting gankers nonstop and feeling like you aren't doing anything). It's a tool (not a crutch) that I use in tandem with melee, poison knives, and flipping. There's a difference between needing a buff to win and just having it.

It's why when a duel starts and you switch to a talisman I'll pepper you with arrows. If you're gonna buff you're gonna have to use those hits wisely, since you won't be swinging too much. I feel like the DM covenant exists not to punish the d*cks of the world, but just to house the awesomeness that is glitter. I don't mean to sound like an ***, but I've fought too many DMs that I just have to dodge and poke that I just don't wanna fight them any more.

@jester, change the HR parry. Wrap chain around there neck, turn around, haul chain over shoulder and snap there neck while you throw them to the ground.

Eki I understand your stance but honestly it isn't a crutch for me any more than pyromancy is for you. If I host in the forest the only buff I use is Charcoal Pine Resin which isn't that strong. I use it when invading simply because I can and it allows me to increase my damage output in the same way pyromancy allows you to when you use it. If you pepper me with arrows when I buff so be it; I don't expect a grace period to buff my weapon which is why I take care when doing so. BS punish me if you want/can. Even buffed I get parried, stun locked, dodged, BS'd, etc. The difference is that I deal more damage when my hits connect or when I parry or BS. I am a DM in order to hunt the guilty but I'm not going to ignore a tool given to me to help in doing so. Is that so wrong?

Covenants:
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:53 am

It isn't, I'm just a lil pissed bout getting hate mail for poisoning a guy who wanted to buff his washing pole after bowing. Seriously, it's bad enough we're in the BURG ARENA, that thing is just to large for that.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:54 am

I want that new stone axe but more importantly fix this Damn glitches from.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:21 pm