Which weapon use in Sen's Fortress?

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Which weapon use in Sen's Fortress?

Post by Branstone on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:58 pm

I don't know which weapon should I use while I in the Sen's Fortress.
    I'm using the Drake Sword +1 it has 220 Damage, but friends tell me to use weapons like Halberd or Claymore but they have less damage than the Drake Sword...
    And which set should I use in Sen's Fortress? I'm using Crimson Set with Black Leather Gloves, its fine?

Thanks in advance happy

suleo

Re: Which weapon use in Sen's Fortress?

Post by suleo on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:06 pm

You can try an Estoc+5 (or a rapier). The advantage of the Estoc is that you can hit them with your shield up. Sen's fortress has narrow corridors and spaces that limit mobility, so IMO it's better to go slow & turtle it if you're new to the area.

You'll actually get a better poking weapon further into the fortress.

Also, bring a bow. There are two places (one at the beginning, one close to the end) where it helps a lot.

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Branstone on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Okay so you say to take with me Estoc?
    and of course i'm taking with me a bow...

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 pm

It depends on your stats.

I took a Bastard sword +10 (same as a claymore) through there with a 27 STR/18 Dex. Two handed, it can stun those snakemen.

Personally, I think an Estoc +5 is weak for a newer player. There's not much room to move there, so light armour I don't feel has much of an advantage there. I'd go with a heavier armour if you have access to it. Not sure what you've found so far.

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Branstone on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:26 pm

My heavier set is Knight Set.
    I've upgraded my Claymore and Zweihander, I have the Req Stats to use them (25 Str + 16 Dex) but when I use them, it seems that the player not have "strength" to put the sword back on the shoulder, its very slowly, its weird because I have the REQ Stats for it.
    what do you think?
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm

If youre on PS3 Ill be in sens fortress for a couple hours if you need some assistance. big grin

http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova

suleo

Post by suleo on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Try using them 2-handed. Although it has a higher risk of you getting hit, if you switch to 2-handed right after blocking with your shield, you'll stagger them and then you can hit them again without worrying about getting hit.

Let me know if you need help and are on xbl happy.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:44 pm

If you're using a strength build, I'd say go suicide for the Claymore on the Hellkite bridge. At +5 or higher, you can stagger the snake men with 2h. If you're using a dex build, as stated above. Pokey with an Estoc! Rock them with your Estoc!

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I went through with the gargoyle halberd, and at your stats it should do decent damage and keep you out of harms way for the most part.

Also if you haven't done so already go fetch the stone armor. You'll be heavy as hell but the defense and poise are awesome.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:46 pm

personally, I found it easiest on my light armor characters to only go for backstabs, they are easy to get around and its easy to get around their attacks, I have found that I can go toe to toe with them if I have a strong weapon (fire works, lightnings better, if you can get the lightning spear at the bottom of the fort), good, heavy armor, and a 100% shield. On your character, I would suggest a bandit knife, rapier, or other good backstab weapon.

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:31 pm

When navigating Sen's Fortress, you will note that the environment is as much an enemy as the lizards that stalk the deathtrap thats called a fortress. What you want is find weapons for "environmental situations" and not so much for general combst. For that I recommend weapons that will allow you to remain stable while traversing the area. Weapon of choice would be spears and rapiers.

Small swords work too, but not as well. In addition, you need to carry a bow. The environment is your enemy and sometimes not having to traverse the environment is the best way to fight. The bow will let you hit enemies from safe spots as opposed to more dangerous areas. Always carry a spear and a bow in that place for your convenience, your life will be much easier; trust me.

I should mention you should carry standard combat weapons. Sen's Fortress is divided into what I call 2 parts. Part 1 requires Spear and Bows for easy progress. Part 2 requires more direct combat weapons. I will say that if you KNOW how to parry, you can ditch the usage of spears and just keep a bow, their is no other place in the game where the bow will be your most dearest ally...well, except...nah won't tell you, you'll know...they all know...

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 pm

The burg? I love using a bow in PVP!

bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 am

I just used the Lightning spear.

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 am

From the bonfire above Andre, try and farm the two snakemen you encounter by the gate, run back and sit at the bonfire etc, rinse repeat until one of them drop the MSGS.. (Man Serpent Greatsword)

Have you been to the Catacombs yet? if you have not I suggest going down there are and getting the Kindle thing from down there.. you need this in Anor Londo mate, trust me!

While you are down there (or before you go) upgrade the MSGS to +5 then you will encounter a certain someone in the Catacombs that can upgrade weapons to fire for you!

If you have been to Blightown which you should have.. did you farm a bit for Large shards/green shards? if you did, then upgrade the MSGS as much as you can to fire + 3-4-5 whatever and go from there happy it might take a little time, but I can assure you at +4 or +5 it does 440 damage already!

A stitch in time mate... happy otherwise,

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Branstone on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 am

I dont know what is the DEX build or STR build, I know that when I try to use the Claymore, it seems that my player not have strength to pull it back on his shoulder, or he almost falling when he swings the Claymore.
    This is weird because I have the requirements stats for it...
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:35 am

that's just the animation. as long as the hit doesn't bounce off every time you try to hit then you're golden.

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Branstone on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 am

cloudyeki wrote:that's just the animation. as long as the hit doesn't bounce off every time you try to hit then you're golden.

I'm afraid that the hit is a little bouncy..

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:40 am

Does it knock your arm WAY to the side and leave you wide open, or does it cleanly go through an enemy?

loklopez
    Casual
    Casual

Post by loklopez on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 am

have you try the halberd
    its in Undead Parish, right in front of the Undead Church entrance.
    excellent weapon - i once end the game with only this weapon as first choice.

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

Zweihander double handed upgraded normal + x and using fire/lightning buffs!

Same goes for Claymore or if Dex build you can get the Winged Spear in the graveyard and do the same as mentioned above, as mentioned, you can turtle behind the Balder Shield (if one was dropped) or Dragoncrest shield, whatever shield does 100% damage reduction happy

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Branstone on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:57 am

I dont know which build I play, I just increase STR and DEX, I have 16 DEX and 25 STR I think something like that.

cloudyeki wrote:Does it knock your arm WAY to the side and leave you wide open, or does it cleanly go through an enemy?

Yes, it knock my arm way to the side and it takes time to pull it back on the shoulder, but friends told me that if there is no X sign on the weapon spot in the HUD so its fine and I just used to the speed attack of the Drake Sword, but it seems wrong.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 am

Could be because it was blocked by a shield.

Try two-handing it. With your stats, claymore is definitely a good weapon. Get it to +10. Also, the advice for the bow is very good; you can shoot them, and sometimes they'll come running and get hit off the edge by the swinging pendulums.

Going for a fire weapon is more intensive, since you have to go to the fire level, and be able to progress through the demons to get the fire weapon. If you have issues with snakes you may have issues getting a flaming ember. On top of that, it seems you're very new to the game, so having people tell you where everything is can spoil the game.

Honestly, I find spears somewhat weak even in the first area of Sens fortress. The reason being, is you have to know how to dance. Just straight out blocking their massive swings eats away at your stamina to a large degree.

The claymore will seem much slower than the Drakesword, but it can also stun, so 1 on 1 if you're two handing it, just get the first hit in, and keep swinging.

For armour, use whatever protects you most. I don't think speed is important in this level, but everyone plays differently.

Are you on XBox or Playstation?

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Branstone on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:16 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Could be because it was blocked by a shield.

Try two-handing it. With your stats, claymore is definitely a good weapon. Get it to +10. Also, the advice for the bow is very good; you can shoot them, and sometimes they'll come running and get hit off the edge by the swinging pendulums.

Going for a fire weapon is more intensive, since you have to go to the fire level, and be able to progress through the demons to get the fire weapon. If you have issues with snakes you may have issues getting a flaming ember. On top of that, it seems you're very new to the game, so having people tell you where everything is can spoil the game.

Honestly, I find spears somewhat weak even in the first area of Sens fortress. The reason being, is you have to know how to dance. Just straight out blocking their massive swings eats away at your stamina to a large degree.

The claymore will seem much slower than the Drakesword, but it can also stun, so 1 on 1 if you're two handing it, just get the first hit in, and keep swinging.

For armour, use whatever protects you most. I don't think speed is important in this level, but everyone plays differently.

Are you on XBox or Playstation?

Thanks for the help man, seriously happy
    I'm on PS3, and yes I am new to the game, I played only 30 hours maybe less, and I didn't played Demon's Souls. Where is the fire ember that you talking about?

And I have seriously problem with the Claymore, its like my player don't have enough strength to swing it, like when I try to swing it and hit the snakes, its like my player starts to swing it, he takes "push/momentum" (IDK how it is in Englush LOL) and then the snake just attack me before I even hit him! I have *** 26 STR and 16 DEX why I can't swing this sword normally? ...

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Don't worry about it. Play through with what you have. Don't let people spoil the game happy

What are your characters Stats?

Your str/dex is fine for the claymore; that's how it swings. Use your heavy Knight armour and level it up. If you're wearing robes, you have 0 Poise; a low poise means you just get hit and stunned. If you have a high poise, it takes a bigger attack to stun you.

Branstone
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Branstone on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:31 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Don't worry about it. Play through with what you have. Don't let people spoil the game happy

What are your characters Stats?

Your str/dex is fine for the claymore; that's how it swings. Use your heavy Knight armour and level it up. If you're wearing robes, you have 0 Poise; a low poise means you just get hit and stunned. If you have a high poise, it takes a bigger attack to stun you.

I wearing the Elite Knight Set with Crimson bottom, I think it has more Physical Defense than the Elite Knight Bottom.

You think I should upgrade the Elite Set?

The Claymore is really really annoying, its semms like I can't swing it I dont know... its like I weak for this sword, I try to hit with that snakes and before I hit them them already hit me, like its takes forever to swing it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:49 pm