Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Ghadis_God
stereo.pete
User
SlakeMoth
8 posters

Has anyone ever completed the Seigmeyer quest?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Has anyone ever completed the Seigmeyer quest? Empty Has anyone ever completed the Seigmeyer quest?

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:27 pm

I thought I'd got it sussed this time. Met him in all the right places, rescued his daughter from the golem and there he was standing over the pit in Lost Izalith. I was well prepared, all the anti-poison gear, good weapon, so I talked to him. Suddenly he jumps into the pit like a moth on fire and within about 3 seconds of me joining him, he's dead. Seriously is this do-able?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Has anyone ever completed the Seigmeyer quest? Empty Re: Has anyone ever completed the Seigmeyer quest?

Post by User Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 pm

You should kill some of those chaos eaters BEFORE either of you jump in. Not all of them, 3 is a good amount. Make sure that there is one of those creature sot receive a lightning Zweihander.
    stereo.pete

Has anyone ever completed the Seigmeyer quest? Empty Re: Has anyone ever completed the Seigmeyer quest?

Post by stereo.pete Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:57 pm

So I failed the first time I tried this as well, now that I think about it your best bet is to kill a few with arrows from above if possible. If you drop down and kill them then when you leave one alive and run back up to Sig it will commit suicide from dropping down into the pit. I have not tried this out yet as I just started NG+ but I will let you know when I finally get there.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm

I killed 3 with arrows, and whittled the last down to a bit of health, then let him jump in. He needs to land the killing blow so you can proceed with the quest. That will make him think he saved you and he will keep adventuring. The "correct" end is the one where you find him and his daughter in Ash Lake. If you kill them for him, regardless of if he jummped in or not, he will think you saved him and he will quit.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 pm

I thought about shooting a few first but thought he might get mardy and not jump in. Next time (if there is one) I'll do that. Thanks all.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Important to note, they don't respawn, so you can't go back to a bonfire if you kill all of them, there is also a 5th one, that does attack him, but only after the other four can be killed, if you go down (the stairs) and try to kill it, you'll aggro them all and they will fall down those nicely placed holes... Arrows are the safest way.

I don't think you can save him either.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm

I killed 3 Chaos Eaters with an unupgraded Dragonslayer Bow before talking to him. I jumped first, killed the 4th, and killed the 5th. Talked to him and Homeward Bone'd out. Then came back for the Slab. That's the best way to get his daughter's titanite Slab in my opinion.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 pm

I've completed the quest and got the slab from his daughter but has anyone ever found both of them alive at Ash Lake?
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

RNsunbro wrote:I've completed the quest and got the slab from his daughter but has anyone ever found both of them alive at Ash Lake?

At this point, I'm pretty convinced that that's a myth.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Yup, it's just a myth. It's like that "Lautrec invading in the Parish" thing.

I must say that there are few ocasions where I'm actually able to finish that quest, since I tend to do so much sequence breaking that Onionbro ends up alone and forgotten for quite a while. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm