Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Looking for second opinion!

dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Looking for second opinion! Empty Looking for second opinion!

Post by dannyhugz Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey guys, I've mentioned previously here that I had been working on a Syllabus of sorts, or area progression for my character when DkS:PTD comes out. I've been doing a test play-through on PS3 to make sure the build is efficient/etc. My intent was to start more melee heavy(Drake Sword--->Black Knight Sword) and get my STR/DEX up to 20/18 so I have a very broad range of weapons I can use. The problem with this is it was great until I got to Sens/Anor Londo, and my INT is way to low to get any significant amount of damage out of my spells at that point. I guess I could always power level the heck out of a Pyro Flame, but my focus is going to be more on Sorcery. I was thinking of still building my VIT/END to about 20, but leave STR/DEX at 16/12 so I can till use Drake Sword, and will be able to 2H a Zweihander(Magic Weapon/etc for bosses maybe). This will also free up10 extra points to pump into INT sooner. Just posting as I'm open to all suggestions/opinions, and I'm not super fond of going to Blighttown via the backdoor at the beginning of the game to farm Green titanite from slugs to get a +5 magic weapon to start with. Once again though, any opinions/thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

FYI: I will be using Pyro spells for various areas as my overall goal is a general caster, but not sure if I want to invest the time to +15 the glove before going to Sens. On a side note doing that could also put a dint in any challenge of playing a caster early game since a +15 flame+combustion kills just about everything at that point in a single hit lol.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Looking for second opinion! Empty Re: Looking for second opinion!

Post by Yukon Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 pm

What catalyst are you using ?You could try using oolacile catalyst, it scales highly at low int
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks for the tip I'll have to give it a shot. Sorcerer's definitely doesn't have any kick at the lower levels of INT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm