Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
RANT
IceIfrit666
BLA1NE
ViralEnsign_
reim0027
Yarxov
Dark75Messiah
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Zakkia
Carphil
Scudman_Slayer
15 posters

Lag Stories thread

Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Lag Stories thread Empty Lag Stories thread

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Im making this thread so it can be used for people to share stories that they either won or lost due to lag
    if you had issues with it or just simply used it to your advantage feel free to post your stories here

i had one that i had to leave mid-game due to the lag because it was so horrendous i didn't even wanted to play with that person anymore

every hit i was landing on him was taking 3 FULL seconds to register and do damage,tell me how can one fight like that? and he was hitting me from the bloody nowhere (mostly due to lag delay)

to i ended up using the force miracle (NOT WoG) to knock him down and run away and use the black eye stone

im not gonna sit there hitting him and my attack taking way too much time to do damage no sir
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Lag Stories thread Empty Re: Lag Stories thread

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:33 pm

First time I realised how lag can ruin online =

Got invaded at kiln by darkmoon, I'm heading to gwyn, in that sort of broken bridges, he arrives, I bow, he does nothing, I lock on him with my shield raised up, he tries to strafe to BS me but he could not, he hits me sometimes, I hit him 2 times, he stops to regain stamina and start to walk backwards (is this term correct?), I run away to heal myself, I runned for 15 seconds and he was still there, I turn around and try to use estus but sundely I'm teleported right next to him and got backstabed.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:35 pm

I was in the catacombs and I was fighting this guy on a bridge, suddenly i registered a backstab, lagstab without actually doing one. (his body was in the being backstabbed animation) and it threw him off the bridge for me to take the win. i felt so bad
    sad
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 pm

I invaded in the kiln, and was instantly destroyed by what sounded like homing soul mass, but i didn't see any...
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:I invaded in the kiln, and was instantly destroyed by what sounded like homing soul mass, but i didn't see any...

That also happened to me, I actually could saw the guy casting the spell, but I did not saw any orb around his head. He rushed and I got hit. very odd
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Post by Dark75Messiah Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:35 pm

I had a case today where I was co-op helping people down in the Depths. We go to the boss and suddenly I notice the boss fight has begun and his health is half down. This surprised me and so by the time I got down to the room entrance and entered the fog gate, I rushed over and lobbed a few Fire Orbs and the Dragon died. Epic lag, though that could have been the fault of the second phantom, as both myself and the host were from Britain, he was from singapore I think.

Another example, and this may be more to do with my lack of experience PVP. I was helping this guy, again down in the depths. We'd dropped to the lowest levels to kill the Curse froggies and get the Ring of the Evil Eye etc, and the red invade notice flashed up. I admit I didnt really pay much notice as we were in the area old Spikey Kirk invades. I ran around the corner and was confronted with a zweihander wielding, onion armour wearing dude. We obviously both locked on and started to dance. I hit him four or five times with my Gargoyle Tail Halberd for 800 damage total I guess, then suddenly he vanished and I'm backstabbed. Sadface lol as I die instantly. Bugger was all lightning bladed up too lol.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:52 pm

^Good thing people don't know that Chaos weapons do the most elemental damage, a chaos Zwei would be a nightmare.

I had crappy internet for awhile so I have plenty of lag stories.

I was invading in Anor Londo and went off to find the host (Spawned in big chamber) I see hit markers in the shortcut area and see the Host fighting a Silver knight. Suddenly, he is frozen in a running position (But still in the same spot) And I begin taking damage...Even when he was on the complete opposite side of the room, glitching out. (I was standing on the stairs) So he was essentially invisible on my screen but still able to attack me.

Another time in Anor Londo I was a phantom and after running through the level to the point of the rooftop (before Sir Onion of Hamburger, after the bedroom. At the site of the third Archer) I see the host and another phantom flailing about. Then I see both of them cease their assault on Oxygen and bow to the apex of their little fit. My conclusion was that the host was invaded but the invader never connected to me. I felt so helpless. Couldn't help at all, didn't even know what the hell was going on.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Invaded at the Burg. I was rushed and lag stabbed. I popped a diving blessing and started the fight fresh. I was then front stabbed several times. Despite all that, I still almost beat him. I took a lagstab to the face to my death. He then did the WTF followed by the arms out walking animations.

I failed to adjust to the lag (which was inconsistent). I still consider it a victory on my part.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:10 am

In the Kiln pvping as a Darkmoon. I warp to someones world, we bow, I buff. Then I see the guy running at me for the BS and I dodge masterfully. But wait I'm a full two seconds behind this guy and I'm pulled from two rolls away back onto his waiting Lightning Greatsword.

Who would've guessed?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 am

Lately I feel more like I should be telling stories of fights that weren't lagging. Phantom range, lagstabs, getting killed by opponents who haven't spawned yet... I hate to be a downer, but this lag is really depressing me. I hate rolling just far enough away that I should have dodged my opponent's attack and be in a good position to strike back, only to get hit by phantom range. And that's the great majority of the time, so I don't really feel like sharing any particular example...
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:17 am

There are so many stories to share that I'm just leaving it to; I stopped playing DS because of lag.
    Seriously, I used to be addicted to DS but the lag is so terrible that I just stopped.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:21 am

getting owned by css when in my screen its about 15 feet away from me, im sure this has happened to everyone.
    Black_Knight_Leon
    Black_Knight_Leon

Post by Black_Knight_Leon Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:02 am

The story thread is Here
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 am

Earlier today I invaded a world and immediately went searching for the farmers. I searched for about fifteen minutes and found no one, finally I decided to head to Sif's area to find he was standing inside of it. I waved to him and bowed, but he did nothing. So I ran up and tried to kick him when suddenly I teleporting all the way back to where I spawned in his world, backstabbed instantly dying. I didn't even know that kind of lag was possible.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 am

Soul Spear......it is always soul spear. I hate it so much
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:Im making this thread so it can be used for people to share stories that they either won or lost due to lag

The intent of this thread is clearly to discuss pvp so it belongs in the pvp section of the forum. As I've said before, please put stuff where it belongs based on:
    a) the title
    AND
    b) the actual/intended content of the posts

In theory this thread could have been about co-op too, but the OP clearly indicates a preference for pvp stories, and thus should have put the thread in the pvp forum area.

Cheers
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:39 am

^

Haha thanks man

Sometimes if you post something in general discussion, you have like 5 comments, if you post same thing in PVP, you can have 20 comments

pretty crazy stuff, sorry for off topic

This is something I aways wanted to know, do hosts have an lag advantage? Because for me there is not too much diference between being a host and invader, Some invaders really scare me teleporting around
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:21 am

About ten minutes ago I invaded a guy, upon entering the world I was brought to a Dark Wraith attacking me, I was a forest hunter. So him and I duel for a bit and when forest hunting I carry Hornet's Ring to BS Farmers or parry riposte them for a quick kill. So me and this guy fight and at one point we both charged at eachother and I hit R1. All of the sudden I am BS'ing a host in Giants with a Mask of the Mother. He gets up and just stands still when suddenly I get hit by seemingly nothing. The Wraith backs up and starts to run away but a CSS out of nowhere kills him. No clue what to do I just hit R1 with nothing in front of me on accident, he appears in front of me being Backstabbed and dies. I got the mark of Disapproval meaning Darkmoons could again invade me, and a nasty message about how I'm a lagstabber. I couldn't even see an enemy half the time, I was so confused. The whole thing was so confusing. It makes my head spin just thinking about what was going through my mind during that fight. Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 am